PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento Monthly Tactical Long Range Match

Vu 308
10-03-2007, 11:59 AM
Hello All,

I am new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Vu and I am one of the match directors of the Tactical Long Range matches at Sac Valley.

Check out our match and info at

http://sacvalley.org/SacVal/Tactical_Long_Range.html

Timberwolf
10-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Vu is good people and his matches are very well run. You NoCal guys who complain cause you can't get down to mine his matches are the ones for you.

By the way welcome to Calguns!

Vu 308
10-03-2007, 12:25 PM
Thank You Twolf for the warm welcome.

Hopefully between T Wolf, Mark A. and my crew up here there shouldn't be a lack of tac long range matches in CA.

We also have a new disipline starting up in 2008. Clay and steel out to 550yards. A more dynamic match from what we have going on right now on the 1K range.

By the way awesome job on the clinic TWolf!

Guys, putting on a show like that is A LOT OF WORK!

We are having our clinic this weekend with 32 shooters and hopefully we will get them on target at 1K.

Vu

Timberwolf
10-03-2007, 12:37 PM
I need to make a trip north - I've always wanted to shoot on that range ahh trimmed grass, manicured firing positions, caddies to carry your gear . . . :p

Vu 308
10-03-2007, 1:02 PM
LOL....You should of heard the crap I got from Spaniard. He was like what the hell is this!? Country Club or shooting range?

TWolf you need to make our next big NorCal Match! End of August in 2008.

No caddies but we do have golf carts.

Timberwolf
10-03-2007, 1:38 PM
I wanted to make last years . . . but work got in the way . . . the nerve :mad:

Aug 2008 . . . I'm going to plan on going . . . that and SCPRC '08 will probably be the only two big matches I'll get to next year . . .

Vu 308
10-03-2007, 2:30 PM
So ummmm.......Do I see a major event happening at APS in 2008? :43:

Come on TWolf...you gotta spend 6 months stressing and planning and then 72 hours of balls to the walls running around like a chicken without a head running a major event!

+ That will give me and my guys that run NorCal a big event to shoot besides the SCPRC.

Timberwolf
10-03-2007, 2:37 PM
I'd thought about it but I really need another type of location. Either that or convince the owner to let me completely shut down a public range for two days, not to mention the prep time. But then who knows what the furture brings . . .

Vu 308
10-03-2007, 2:54 PM
I have never been to APS...do you have multiple ranges that can be used at the same time? Or is it set up like WEGC.

Man...you guys have the ability to shoot at night! Shut the public range down early and we just shoot after hours!

rkt88edmo
10-03-2007, 2:54 PM
Hi Vu, thanks for dropping in.

Timberwolf
10-03-2007, 3:08 PM
We have multiple ranges (bays) but only 1 rifle range and I have to get creative to extend past 400 yards. When I have the use of the entire facility I make up firing positions etc. Hell I might as well be a surveyor with all the maps and drawings I have of APS. I could probably run two stages at once if I have the whole facility.

During my day matches I start the match at 0730 that way I have a full 1/2 hour (roughly 1 maybe 2 stages if I rush it) to use the whole range before they open the gates, then I'm restricted to the HP rifle range area.

emc002
10-03-2007, 3:36 PM
We are having our clinic this weekend with 32 shooters and hopefully we will get them on target at 1K.

How often do you put on these clinics and do you have to be a member to sign up?

gwl
10-03-2007, 6:24 PM
See you this weekend Vu.

Pthfndr
10-03-2007, 6:32 PM
How often do you put on these clinics and do you have to be a member to sign up?

This is the first clinic Vu has set up. There was a thread about it in the competition forum.

If all goes well I'm sure he will do another one next year.

You're always welcome to come out on "game day", the first sunday of each month, and go out with the shooters as an observer. If you have a good 200 yard zero and dope for your rifle out to 1000 yards, bring 50 rounds of ammo and shoot the match.

Pthfndr
10-03-2007, 6:34 PM
Hey Vu

There IS a tacked thread about our monthly match in the competition forum.

---> http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=43657

Vu 308
10-03-2007, 9:13 PM
Hi Vu, thanks for dropping in.

My pleasure rkt88edmo. :cool2:

Rob is correct about the clinic. This is our first run at it and it is NOT a Precision Rifle 1 Course. This clinic's purpose is to get the shooter's feet wet in our type of competition and disipline. You can look at it as a "crash course" to tactical long range shooting.

You do not need to be a member of Sac Valley to shoot with us but we do encourage it.

All...if you never shot our matches just come on out. We have a great group of guys that enjoy bringing new shooters online.

If you don't have dope..no worries. Just give me a heads up and I can get you data that should get you on paper.