PDA

View Full Version : Wouldnt it be nice if this was how cali was.

aileron
10-03-2007, 6:01 AM
Geeze, will we ever be so lucky to see this kind of response out of our politicians.

http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=7155311

Florence 10/01/07
NRA Endorses Barbour; Eaves Cries Foul

Governor Haley Barbour picked up the endorsement of the National Rifle Association Monday in his bid for re-election.

His opponent, Democrat John Arthur Eaves Junior, says the NRA endorsed the wrong man.

Wayne LaPierre, the NRA's executive vice president, came to Florence to endorse the governor. He also praised him for his support of NRA causes back to the days when Barbour was chairman of the Republican National Committee.

But Eaves brought some of his personal guns that had been passed down from his father and grandfather to show to reporters. He says he is a "real hunter" and is the one who should have gotten the NRA endorsement.

SemiAutoSam
10-03-2007, 6:04 AM
The sad thing is some of these politicians thing its about hunting.

They dont realise that its about the Constitutional right to bear arms not just so you can hunt.

aileron
10-03-2007, 3:47 PM
Yea, I hope thats not what that Pol thinks, that would explain the NRA's position on the matter. But still, to have that happen here.

DedEye
10-03-2007, 6:13 PM
The sad thing is some of these politicians thing its about hunting.

They dont realise that its about the Constitutional right to bear arms not just so you can hunt.

That's one of the things I always hate when people try to pander to gun owners by painting themselves as hunter friendly. I don't hunt dammit nor are my weapons for hunting.