PDA

View Full Version : Educational Video regarding OLL, OLR's and the current CA AW laws etc.

Addax
10-01-2007, 5:07 PM
I think I saw someone possibly putting together a you tube video.

I was thinking why not put together an educational video showcasing the difference between the AW, the OLL/OLR, and things like mag locks, mm grips etc. and educating the public on our rights to own OLL/OLR's based on the way the current AW laws are written etc. (i.e. the Off List vs. listed firearms and their differences.

I just had a debate with an out of state dealer who did not want to read any of the info. I had sent him, but he is listening and starting to warm up to our situation a little, but it would be so much easier to send a video via email or CD/DVD etc.

I think it might be a good idea to set this up, but I don't know the legal consequences for putting something like this together or if it is not the right timing?

I can volunteer my OLL/OLR's since I have a wide variety of OLL's/OLR's with mag locks, bullet button's, monster man grip's, and stock extensions and / or fillers, plus I can volunteer some of my time.

Again, this is an idea inspired by another one, so not trying to take anyone's thunder away, but I personally think it is time that we had a way to legally document the differences and educate gun-owners, ffl's, Law Enforcement, DA's and maybe even the DOJ.

Any ideas or feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
Addax

soopafly
10-01-2007, 5:33 PM
I volunteer my time to create the motion graphics for it. Now we need:
1) someone to write the script
2) someone to act as a producer for the vid
3) someone to edit the vid.

Addax
10-01-2007, 5:39 PM
I volunteer my time to create the motion graphics for it. Now we need:
1) someone to write the script
2) someone to act as a producer for the vid
3) someone to edit the vid.

I can check with my cousin's boyfriend, he is into films, producing his own short documentaries or something like that... Maybe he can produce and help edit the vid? I will call him this week and ask.

Lets get a pro-firearms actor to volunteer...:D (I know, wishful thinking), but I think if we had a female and a male (like a nice, smart, good looking woman, and a Law Enforcement Firearms Expert or noted Firearms Expert, that would make an interesting duo and have such a profound impact..

We just need to make sure that nobody contacts Michael Moore, he may steal this idea too....

bwiese
10-01-2007, 6:06 PM
I believe Simonov is doing one.

He's well-spoken and with good video skills. That's a good start. Let's see how that pans out first.

ldivinag
10-02-2007, 8:48 AM
i'll edit...

just give me all the stuff and i'll crank one out.

soopafly
10-02-2007, 9:20 AM
I didn't know Simonov was working on one. I agree...let's see how that comes along.

On a slight tangent, here's an example of the motion graphics work I do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6qHCTsAC9s

We probably would want something less flashy for our vid though...

shonc99
10-02-2007, 1:42 PM
If someone has a script and demonstration items to lend (mm grip, bullet button, etc), I have access to professional video equipment and can both shoot and edit. I work for a professional video documentation company.

If someone was inclined to produce an outline, I could also do the script.

CavTrooper
10-02-2007, 2:30 PM
Isnt someones girlfriend involved in making films.... maybe she can participate;).

Addax
10-02-2007, 5:05 PM
I have a few California Compliant Configured Rifles, plus the MM grip, Bullet button, Stock Plugs etc.

I PM'd Simonov to see if he would like help. Personllay I don't mind seeing what Simonov is comming up with first, but that is not to say that we should not side line the idea until then, but maybe our mutually combined ideas and efforts can produce a single viable product.

I think this is an outstanding idea.

The thought of being able to send this to every gun store, Law Enforcement Agency, and to provide a copy of this to each person who purchases an OLL (Grand Idea I know), but it will help educate the public better.

This could also possibly be used in Legal cases too (In support of Gun Owners Rights) for those who have not broken the law, but yet for some are being targeted by some overzealous BOF Agent or DA...

thefinger
10-02-2007, 5:42 PM
I didn't know Simonov was working on one. I agree...let's see how that comes along.

Did you make all those clips that were on your youtube video, Soopa? Thats some pretty cool stuff.

Addax
10-02-2007, 5:54 PM

Dude, that is one very cool video! Nice work!:43:

Do you have the sound track?

soopafly
10-02-2007, 6:55 PM
Did you make all those clips that were on your youtube video, Soopa? Thats some pretty cool stuff.
Thanks. I created all the motion graphics and did the video compositing in that clip.

Dude, that is one very cool video! Nice work!:43:

Do you have the sound track?
Thank you again. The soundtrack is from DJ Flare's(Invisible Skratch Piklz– Q-Bert, D-Styles, Shortkut, Mix Master Mike, etc.) "Magnifrying Glass"
https://www.thudrumble.com/AdvHTML_Upload/magfrycov.jpg
https://www.thudrumble.com/products.aspx?productID=144

So, whoever is editing this, just give me the word...I'll hook up the motion graphics.:cool:
Maybe the motion graphics for this thing can compliment the "So You Want an AR-15 in California" flyer I designed the layout for. You know, for visual unity like a corporate identity.

Addax
10-02-2007, 9:10 PM
Soopafly, you are cool in my book!

762cavalier
10-02-2007, 9:16 PM
Soopafly, you are cool in my book!

No, he is SOOPA FLY! :cool:

ldivinag
10-03-2007, 8:44 AM
[cue don la fontaine V/O]

IN A WORLD WHERE WHERE YOU CAN JAIL...

FOR A FIVE DOLLAR PIECE.

BY SUBSTITUTING A TWENTY CENT NUT AND BOLT,

THIS TIME, IT'S FOR REAL!

[cue soopafly's motion graphics of a bare AR receiver and then LPK start to attach to it, then the stock, then the upper attaches via the 2 pins, then the rifle rotates 180 degrees to show the viewer that the mag is pinned by a nut and bolt...]

drawn
10-03-2007, 9:48 AM
I have access to three professional video cameras and switching gear along with a firearm friendly property to produce but it has to be Nov-Feb.
Let me know if I can help.

ibanezfoo
10-03-2007, 1:39 PM
If you need any heavy guitar riffs let me know :punk: :D

-Bryan

Addax
10-03-2007, 3:04 PM
I have access to three professional video cameras and switching gear along with a firearm friendly property to produce but it has to be Nov-Feb.
Let me know if I can help.

Awsome!

Everyone, thank you for pitching in your support/help.

So far we have the necessary video equipment, California Compliant Rifles and Parts, Video Production and Video/Content Editing expertise.

We would still require the following:

A project coordinator and project plan

Legal Consul experienced with the current CA Firearms Laws to make sure we have all of our information correct following the current laws and regulations.

Script Writer

Licensed Firearms expert(s) to be shot in the video educating people on the OLL/OLR rifles and California Compliant parts and Configurations.

A spokesperson/people asking questions in the video

A permit (if necessary) to shoot the video,

Some funds to help pay for expenses (I will be pitching in some $$)

Any thoughts or ideas?

gcrtkd
10-03-2007, 4:26 PM
I think that this is a really great idea! I don't own any long guns (other than a 10/22 for plinking), but any push to bring the pro-2A, anti-pointless-gun-laws message to the public in an easily digestible format for both gun owners and non-shooters alike is a step in the right direction. I actually envision a sort of whole "Calguns MultiMedia" section, where we could have peer-reviewed videos, podcasts, audio clips, instructional information, .pdf flyers, updates and reviews of federal and CA firearms laws and whatever else we can think of. I started a thread about this (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=70287) a week or so ago but it didn't seem to generate as much interest as this one... which is cool... what's important is that we get the message heard. I look forward to seeing what people come up with.

Rock on!

ldivinag
10-03-2007, 4:52 PM
anyone else see an all female cast?

from a female talent that does all the question askin'...

to a female firearms expert.

and a female legal expert.

all to appeal to the extremely majority male crowd...

am i being too sexist?

Steyr_223
10-03-2007, 8:12 PM
Will your video also have registered banned ARs and AKs to compare and contrast against the OLL configs?

This is a great idea, posting it on Youtube and other sites will have benefits..

Addax
10-03-2007, 10:44 PM
HI Steyr_223 (Like the name)..,

That is a given, we would want to show how the "California Configuration" is legal vs. a registered banned AW (AR and AK), showcasing the bullet button, the Monster Man Grips, and the other configurations that make Off List Lowers/Off List rifles legal to purchase and own in California vs. the banned firearms and their banned configurations.

Addax

Will your video also have registered banned ARs and AKs to compare and contrast against the OLL configs?

This is a great idea, posting it on Youtube and other sites will have benefits..

Addax
10-03-2007, 10:55 PM
I think that this is a really great idea! I don't own any long guns (other than a 10/22 for plinking), but any push to bring the pro-2A, anti-pointless-gun-laws message to the public in an easily digestible format for both gun owners and non-shooters alike is a step in the right direction. I actually envision a sort of whole "Calguns MultiMedia" section, where we could have peer-reviewed videos, podcasts, audio clips, instructional information, .pdf flyers, updates and reviews of federal and CA firearms laws and whatever else we can think of. I started a thread about this (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=70287) a week or so ago but it didn't seem to generate as much interest as this one... which is cool... what's important is that we get the message heard. I look forward to seeing what people come up with.

Rock on!

Thanks!

You are right, this idea will help to provide a favorable view/stance and provide useful and easy to understand information.

It beats trying to read pages and pages of documentation. I like to read, but I know allot of people who don't and they get themselves into trouble if they are not careful or they like to ask a zillion questions and the answers sometimes confuses them even more...

The message is really to help educate the public (especially gun owners, FFL Dealers, Law Enforcement, DA's, BOF Agents) whoever needs to know the distinct difference between an Off List California Compliant AR rifle vs. a banned registered AR AW (as one example), and how to legally purchase and own one.

Addax
10-03-2007, 10:59 PM
anyone else see an all female cast?

from a female talent that does all the question askin'...

to a female firearms expert.

and a female legal expert.

all to appeal to the extremely majority male crowd...

am i being too sexist?

Does anyone know where we can find these females experts?

Seriously, I think that is a good idea.

resistor
10-04-2007, 6:46 AM
Here they are: http://youtube.com/watch?v=yryV-5TfwvE ;)

Sorry, had to do it

Smokeybehr
10-04-2007, 12:46 PM

Sorry, had to do it

Someone hand me a towel...:jump:

You just can't beat Class III and nearly-naked chyx in the same video.

Subvertz
10-04-2007, 2:00 PM
They seem so smart too...

resistor
10-04-2007, 2:18 PM
haahahhaha

Nothing to see here...

And now back to your regular programming.

Seriously, a video as suggested is an excellent idea. If I were more connected into the productin side of the moviehouse I work at I'd gladly volunteer their services for this public service project.

Smokeybehr
10-04-2007, 3:41 PM
Awsome!

Everyone, thank you for pitching in your support/help.

So far we have the necessary video equipment, California Compliant Rifles and Parts, Video Production and Video/Content Editing expertise.

We would still require the following:

A project coordinator and project plan

Legal Consul experienced with the current CA Firearms Laws to make sure we have all of our information correct following the current laws and regulations.

Script Writer

Licensed Firearms expert(s) to be shot in the video educating people on the OLL/OLR rifles and California Compliant parts and Configurations.

A spokesperson/people asking questions in the video

A permit (if necessary) to shoot the video,

Some funds to help pay for expenses (I will be pitching in some $$)

Any thoughts or ideas?

I'd be glad to do any voice/narration work...

Addax
10-04-2007, 4:32 PM

Sorry, had to do it

I would like to hire Cindy and Gloria!

Thanks for the link!

On to the serious side of the matter at hand.

I will be talking to my cousin's bf when they get back from Europe next week about setting this whole thing up.

Btw, does can anyone volunteer their legally registered AW's for this project?

We would want you there during taping, and I forsee this project taking about 1 full day to shoot (maybe 2), then edit work and possible segment reshoots just in case we did not get something right (after the lawyers take a look at it).

Thanks again,
Addax

StukaJr
10-04-2007, 4:49 PM
We've got our spokesperson:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=q8Dayx1bYl4

She will appeal to most Californian women, so moving down the list for other requirements...