PDA

View Full Version : The Wins & losses & still fighting tabs.

metalhead357
10-01-2007, 4:45 PM
Think I know whats been missing.
A simple show of just how much progress We of the gun community have accomplished in a reasonably short amount of time- particularly those on the FFL front line. A big thanks to everyone on the front lines from everyone like 10% to Bill, Hoff, Artherd, and anyone else I'm forgetting due to a brainfart

So what exactly has transpired since 2005? I know I'm forgetting some- so feel free to add.

The wins;

OLL's...need I say more?
Ab 2728- No more DOJ listing ability
Utah, Florida, and Nevada reciprocity CCW's
Paker, Scoutus et al
Several DA's throwing in the towl over OLL cases
Out with the Old In with the new escelon of DOJ....I'll put it in the win for now--but truly only time will tell
Light of truth on DOJ's either unintentional or intentional obfuscation
Chabot BBQ OLL days
A Kick butt IN STATE non-e-bay place to buy and sell right here:D
Redding BLM district, and a few others to finnal intrepret AW laws Correctly- We can use AW's again on BLM LANDS!!!!!!!!
the Losses

Milpitas buy #????? the colt....<fiasco>
Zumbo
everything 50 BMG as we knew it
In the Ring as we speak

BWO's case
Microstamping
2008 election & possible more warped gun control at Fed level
Ajaxx's run in with higher learning's interesting take on PC
Add em as ya' know folks........

CavTrooper
10-01-2007, 4:47 PM
eh-um. :cool:

metalhead357
10-01-2007, 4:53 PM
eh-um. :cool:

LOL! Gotcha! edit to follow!!!!!!!!

edit done! I was waiting for the website change but hey--- It IS a win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stator
10-01-2007, 5:07 PM
BWO's case

I do not think BWO's case is about gun rights as it is about non-firearm items. From what little that has been posted, it sounds like the firearm charges are padding room for the DA for plea bargaining.

metalhead357
10-01-2007, 5:09 PM
I do not think BWO's case is about gun rights as it is about non-firearm items. From what little that has been posted, it sounds like the firearm charges are padding room for the DA for plea bargaining.

What got him hooked up though was the firearms charges....but in the end play of things you very well may be right.

jmlivingston
10-01-2007, 5:11 PM
Don't forget the ban on lead-based ammo.......

John

metalhead357
10-01-2007, 5:14 PM
I hate to admit it- but tell me more as I was unfortunately not following that one:cool:

jmlivingston
10-01-2007, 5:19 PM
There's an assembly bill currently on Arnold's desk waiting to be signed, which will ban the use of lead-based ammo when hunting within regions of the state occupied by the Condor.

More info available here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=69491

John

metalhead357
10-01-2007, 5:39 PM
thank you. Looks like on the "in the ring" as we speak colum..........

I'd love to say Golly- how did I miss this one, but I know how-- just toooo much stuff going on in the gun world and I've got nobody to blame for missing this one:cool:

jmlivingston
10-01-2007, 6:43 PM
I'd love to say Golly- how did I miss this one, but I know how-- just toooo much stuff going on in the gun world

Heck, there's tooo much stuff going on right here at CalGuns! Wait 24hrs, come back, and hit the "New Posts" button... there'll be 300 or more new or updated threads! Not posts, but threads! I just can't read them all anymore... :(

John

SemiAutoSam
10-01-2007, 6:49 PM
Don't forget 5251 due to hit July 08.

That was a major loss IMHO as its all about giving more control to DOJ.

metalhead357
10-01-2007, 6:50 PM
Ok Sam spill it- I see another I've missed. Tell the tale.

SemiAutoSam
10-01-2007, 6:51 PM
FFL's acquiring firearms from out of state will need a special # from DOJ before they accept it from that FFL.

Private citizens shipping firearms into PRC are exempt.

I think this is it.

AB5152 or 5251

(f) (1) (A) Commencing July 1, 2008, a person who is licensed pursuant to Chapter 44 (commencing with Section 921) of Title 18 of the United States Code may not deliver, sell, or transfer a firearm to a person in California who is licensed pursuant to Chapter 44 (commencing with Section 921) of Title 18 of the United States Code unless, prior to delivery, the person intending to deliver, sell, or transfer the firearm obtains a verification number via the Internet for the intended delivery, sale, or transfer, from the department. If Internet service is unavailable to either the department or the licensee due to a technical or other malfunction, or a federal firearms licensee who is located outside of California does not possess a computer or have Internet access, alternate means of communication, including facsimile or telephone, shall be made available for a licensee to obtain a verification number in order to comply with this section. This subdivision shall not apply to the delivery, sale, or transfer of a short-barreled rifle, or short-barreled shotgun, as defined in Section 12020, or to a machinegun as defined in Section 12200, or to an assault weapon as defined in Sections 12276, 12276.1, and 12276.5.

Ok Sam spill it- I see another I've missed. Tell the tale.

metalhead357
10-01-2007, 7:00 PM
FFL's acquiring firearms from out of state will need a special # from DOJ before they accept it from that FFL.

Private citizens shipping firearms into PRC are exempt.

Oh THAT one... thanx for the clarification; forgots I added to that thread about one more notch down the slippery slope....:cool: