PDA

View Full Version : Presidential Test

dfletcher
10-01-2007, 8:14 AM
I thought this was an interesting little test. It's not a joke and I didn't get any annoying pop ups. Takes about 30 seconds to run through. Answer a dozen questions, find out which Presidential candidate reflects your views. I got a Fred Thompson/Ron Paul tie.

http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460

SemiAutoSam
10-01-2007, 8:28 AM
I saw this thing on NES and when I took it there as well I thought it was a bit off.

It had the top person that agreed with my answers as someone that I would never want as a dog catcher let alone POTUS.

FortCourageArmory
10-01-2007, 9:22 AM
I still come up Fred Thompson.

Kestryll
10-01-2007, 10:18 AM
Tied, Duncan Hunter and Fred Thompson, much as i would have expected.
Seems to be pretty accurate.

CavTrooper
10-01-2007, 10:38 AM
Duncan Hunter... again.

A similar "test" was posted before and I had the same results. Pretty close Id say. So SAS, who was your canidate?

Can'thavenuthingood
10-01-2007, 10:53 AM
Hmmmm, I get McCain, Thompson and Hunter and I don't like McCain.

I thought in an earlier thread Sam said something about Kucinich. I could be wrong.

Vick

Corbin Dallas
10-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Fred for me as well.

Who would have thought that Ron was LAST on my list... HUH!!

CavTrooper
10-01-2007, 11:17 AM
:D:D:DI can see it now. The Ron Paulies, furiously banging away on thier keyboards trying to find which combination of answers will allow them to come up "Ron Paul" instead of "Hillary":D:D:D. (its a joke guys.. take it easy.)

Liberty1
10-01-2007, 11:17 AM
1)Ron Paul

2)McCain (no way)

3)Gilmore

4)Thompson

I did not find it as good a quiz as that last one. I don't think line-item veto for example should be given the same weight as some of the other questions. And it said RP was in disagreement with me on the war and social security which I know isn't true.

Can'thavenuthingood
10-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Anybody think it odd there is no question regarding the Second Amendement?

Vick

Number 6
10-01-2007, 1:52 PM
Anybody think it odd there is no question regarding the Second Amendement?

Vick

I don't think it is odd. I think it is a sign that guns are either becoming less of an issue, or an issue that candidates do not want to deal with.

SemiAutoSam
10-01-2007, 2:07 PM
I'M honestly too :o:o:o:o:o:o to say.

The thing must be rigged.

Ill sneak up on it and take it again later tonight.

So SAS, who was your candidate?

jumbopanda
10-01-2007, 2:17 PM
What the...McCain??? :confused:

I don't think this test is very well made because some questions have answers that are similar to each other, and yet they only match you to candidates if your answers are identical to the one they have for the candidate.

Can'thavenuthingood
10-01-2007, 3:25 PM
I'M honestly too :o:o:o:o:o:o to say.

Came up Hillary Huh?

Vick

SemiAutoSam
10-01-2007, 3:29 PM
OHH Bite your tongue YUCK I get a foul taste in my mouth when I just speak that woman's name.

Let alone what it would do to my delicate intestines if I were to actually vote for the nasty thing.

Came up Hillary Huh?

Vick

redneckshootist
10-01-2007, 4:12 PM
Tied, Duncan Hunter and Fred Thompson, much as i would have expected.
Seems to be pretty accurate.

I got the same.

but I am still voting for TechnicalTed:D

DedEye
10-01-2007, 5:05 PM
I don't think it is odd. I think it is a sign that gun are either becoming less of an issue, or an issue that candidates do not want to deal with.

I didn't find it odd either.

ETA: Good god, I came up with Kucinich again.

At least Ron Paul is the 2nd Republican on my list... at number 5.

This would be very different if 2A was an option.

MudCamper
10-01-2007, 5:37 PM
For me it ranked Richardson first. Not too bad. But the it ranked Ron Paul almost last, and he'd be my first choice for president. The scope of the quiz is too narrow and oversimplified to work one anyone who thinks about each issue independently and doesn't follow any party line. It ranked all the Democrats before the Rebublicans for me, probably based soley on my pro-choice answer. Not a good test IMO.

JHC
10-01-2007, 5:48 PM
I ended up with Guilianni :eek: I need a shower now

SemiAutoSam
10-01-2007, 5:58 PM
Here is another political survey but this one does not contain any 2A questions.

Maybe others at the same site would however.

http://surveyg2.pollingpoint.com/vTQy86shjcq8lZ

IPSICK
10-01-2007, 9:03 PM
I got my candidate:). Bill Richardson, but Hillary scored way too high for my liking. Tied for 4th with Obama.

tom_92673
10-01-2007, 11:40 PM
I keep getting Mitt Romney. Does Ron Paul oppose the death penalty? why are so many of these candidates opposed to Stem Cell research?

Can'thavenuthingood
10-01-2007, 11:54 PM
why are so many of these candidates opposed to Stem Cell research?

I don't think they are opposed to the research as much as opposed to spending taxpayer dollars on it. Let the private companies spend the money.
Whether they use our money or their money, the price we pay for the final product will no doubt require financing.

Vick

tyrist
10-02-2007, 11:08 AM
I came up Ron Paul by a large margin....No surprise there.

tgriffin
10-02-2007, 11:58 AM
SAS got Romney I'm willing to bet.

Charliegone
10-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Guliani, McCain and Paul... 40 for Guliani and 37 or something like that for McCain and Paul.:eek:

Liberty1
10-02-2007, 12:41 PM
I keep getting Mitt Romney. Does Ron Paul oppose the death penalty? why are so many of these candidates opposed to Stem Cell research?

Until almost the end of the 19th Century the Federal Gov. was not involved in crime control and incarceration issues. Ron Paul doesn't believe the death penalty is a federal issue and should be left up to the states. Some Republican candidates disagree with the stem cell research on moral grounds. Ron Paul doesn't support the government taking your money and spending it on Stem Cell research and also the Fed. Gov. is also not authorized in the Constitution to do it.

See: RP against Federal funding of stem cell research; http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul252.html

SemiAutoSam
10-02-2007, 1:02 PM
What did you bet ?

What ever it was send it to me as you lost the bet.

It wasnt Romney.:eek:

SAS got Romney I'm willing to bet.

tgriffin
10-02-2007, 1:07 PM
What did you bet ?

What ever it was send it to me as you lost the bet.

It wasnt Romney.:eek:

Sent you the receipt for the donation to Hitlery's campaign made in your name.

j/k.

Sorry didnt mean to suggest that your ethos were in any way aligned with anything remotly Romney. He just made the best sounding dogcatcher to me :D.

grywlfbg
10-02-2007, 2:14 PM
Richardson, Biden, Gravel. Richardson is pro-2A so that's cool w/ me. We disagree on immigration.

I also think the survey was a little too narrow. For instance, I support the government investing in reasearch for alternative fuels but I STRONGLY disagree w/ using corn for ethanol.