PDA

View Full Version : 5th Annual Calguns Day After Turkey Day Shoot-n-Q At Chabot! 11/23/2007

Technical Ted
09-29-2007, 12:21 PM
xxxxxxxxx

Ratters
09-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Hmmm, I'll try and make it if I am walking/driving by then. I'll wait till I know for sure before I post up what I'll bring.

And are you coming to my bbq Ted?

Tweak338
09-29-2007, 12:30 PM
If all is good, I won't be attending. :(

Have fun without me, again..

bwiese
09-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Unless I'm travelling (doubtful) I will be there with a load of Tri-Tip and a cooler of club sodas (as well as a few diet/non-diet drinks).

Oh - since it might be cool, it'd be great if someone could bring an old percolator and some coffee. (Hell, I could bring the coffee) and some creamer/sugar/sweetener. I think there's juice nearby to run the pot.

Illiana
09-29-2007, 12:55 PM
Gee, Ted, you assume that us single ladies won't show up to shoot unaccompanied? tsk, don't rule us out :) Yes, I'll be bringing some lady newbies with me this time as well. Thanks for coordinating the event :)

ghost
10-06-2007, 12:05 PM
i`ll be there,just have to figure out what to bring.

M. Sage
10-06-2007, 1:39 PM
Ditto. I think I can make it. I'll have to see if we're getting Thursday and Friday off, or just Thursday... Maybe I'll just ask for Friday off.

If I go, I can bring a grill again. I even promise to bring meat-flipping utensils.

NoTime2Shoot
10-06-2007, 1:42 PM
Grill.
Coffee pot.
Beans.

M. Sage
10-06-2007, 1:47 PM
Just a heads-up on the coffee.. I think I've seen coffee shops that will rent you a filled dispenser of coffee... Might be worth looking into. It'd stay hot for a long time, and we wouldn't have to keep refilling the thing (oops! It's out again!?).

high_revs
10-08-2007, 9:08 AM
arggghh... Trackday at Sears... and Sears is a trackday hard to get these days. arrggghhh...

Stormfeather
10-10-2007, 3:07 PM
Count me in! I will see about bringing a coffee maker, I have one somewhere thats never been used as I dont drink coffee! Whoever wants it afterwards can keep it!

NoTime2Shoot
10-24-2007, 5:15 AM
*COUGH*

bwiese
10-24-2007, 8:36 AM
Ah, welcome, Jake.

The morning & afternoon has already been planned out for you. I think it involves Tri-Tip.

;)

edsel6502
10-24-2007, 9:48 AM
I bringeth tubular meat products.

Maybe some sauerkraut.

Let me know if other things are needed.

Ratters
10-30-2007, 6:50 PM
arggghh... Trackday at Sears... and Sears is a trackday hard to get these days. arrggghhh...

So Jealous! I crashed at t-hill four days before the august sears day I was signed up for. :(

Well, I'm still not sure I'm gonna make it. Still no weight bearing for 6 more weeks which puts me into december which means still no driving either. :(

high_revs
11-02-2007, 10:25 AM
that sucks Ratters... i think i came across your thread on barf. hope it's progressing better. i may do a 10 day ptt pass next year to try something different and see other peeps out there. hell, maybe a 10 day ptt and 10 day k@tt since i seriously sucked at racing this year. true definition of a back marker. LOL

I was looking forward to this event too. my OLL was sitting in the closet for almost 1 year after building it year (built after I tried yours (thank you!) and blka4alb's). only sights were missing for the longest time (plus a case) but now i have an eotech 512. but i still want iron sights to help zero. was hoping this even would be my inaugural event to actually shoot the damn build. :)

ch47gunner
11-04-2007, 12:42 AM
I'm thinking I might make this. I think my wife would be interested also.

Never been to one of these and am unaware of any etiquette required. We've shot ranges many times (shoot the Laguna Seca Range mostly) but never attempted to mix a social occasion at the same time. Sounds like fun.
What guns do I bring? Everything? What should I not bring?
For side dishes or entree's - how many guesstamated people will be eating?

Thanks,
Bruce

Lon Moer
11-06-2007, 11:21 AM
I'm in for utensil's/napkins/paper plates. :)

Dr. Peter Venkman
11-07-2007, 1:20 AM
Anybody willing to let me meet them halfway or so from Chabot (I'm coming from Morgan Hill) and drive me up the rest?

Bobula
11-07-2007, 1:37 AM
Anybody willing to let me meet them halfway or so from Chabot (I'm coming from Morgan Hill) and drive me up the rest?

I'll be coming from pacific grove if I go

NoTime2Shoot
11-08-2007, 5:57 PM
I'm thinking I might make this. I think my wife would be interested also.

Never been to one of these and am unaware of any etiquette required. We've shot ranges many times (shoot the Laguna Seca Range mostly) but never attempted to mix a social occasion at the same time. Sounds like fun.
What guns do I bring? Everything? What should I not bring?
For side dishes or entree's - how many guesstamated people will be eating?

Thanks,
Bruce

Don't bring a BMG. Theyre only allowed on odd tuesdays with a waining gibbous. Other than that, bring what you want to haul/clean.

People amount? Varies. Hopefully there will be a better head count as we get closer.

So Jealous! I crashed at t-hill four days before the august sears day I was signed up for. :(

Well, I'm still not sure I'm gonna make it. Still no weight bearing for 6 more weeks which puts me into december which means still no driving either. :(

Come on. You can still bench shoot. I miss those purple toes of yours. :p

bwiese
11-08-2007, 6:11 PM
Depending on schedule and family matters, a special visitor from SoCal (who occasionally posts on Calguns) may have a chance to join us. (No, it's not anyone from TMLLP.)

Santa Cruz Armory
11-08-2007, 11:17 PM
I'll be there again.

I'll bring:

Hot dogs
Hot dog buns
Celery salt (SO yummy on a hot dog!)
Mayo
Mustard
Katsup

M. Sage
11-10-2007, 8:29 AM
Ok, I'll be there for sure. What do I need to bring?

thedrickel
11-10-2007, 11:01 AM
Depending on schedule and family matters, a special visitor from SoCal (who occasionally posts on Calguns) may have a chance to join us. (No, it's not anyone from TMLLP.)

Team Billy Jack?

ivanimal
11-11-2007, 12:06 AM
I should be there with some Deer Elk and aracheras. If we can talk Dullyjay into coming and bringing chili I can donate venison for the effort.

Ratters I will pick you up and drop you off. You can man the coffee pot.:D

Centurion_D
11-11-2007, 1:19 AM
I'm gonna try and make it up..:D

Ratters
11-11-2007, 2:18 PM
I should be there with some Deer Elk and aracheras. If we can talk Dullyjay into coming and bringing chili I can donate venison for the effort.

Ratters I will pick you up and drop you off. You can man the coffee pot.:D

OK, that I can do. I actually make a pretty mean cup of coffee, even though I don't touch the stuff. :D

bwiese
11-11-2007, 3:13 PM
OK, that I can do. I actually make a pretty mean cup of coffee, even though I don't touch the stuff. :D

Good that we're having coffee. I can supply some coffee too, just not a pot.

M. Sage
11-11-2007, 3:32 PM
I guess I'll bring a variety of chippy snackies and paper plates.

bwiese
11-11-2007, 3:45 PM
My buddy Felonious Phil will be coming along (some of you may remember a 'colorful' individual). He's not really an online guy yet, so I'm glad to pass suggestions on what he can bring ... suggestions?

I also believe I can safely speak for Parag bringing some samosas (unless perchance Indian bakery closed for long wknd).

blacklisted
11-11-2007, 6:56 PM
I'll probably bring some marinated flank steaks.

trashman
11-11-2007, 8:36 PM
Am planning on being there this year -- look forward to meeting some of you Calgunners in person! Ought to be a great reason to drag out some of the years' acquisitions...

cheers,
Neill

C.G.
11-11-2007, 9:15 PM
I may have to work this year.:mad:

NoTime2Shoot
11-13-2007, 6:13 PM
I also believe I can safely speak for Parag bringing some samosas .....

Those little buggers are like crack.

Ratters
11-13-2007, 10:09 PM
Those little buggers are like crack.

As you would know. ;)

zefflyn
11-13-2007, 11:37 PM
Good that we're having coffee. I can supply some coffee too, just not a pot.

And I suppose you don't call the kettle black either, right?

I'm in. By default, I'm down for the root beer floats (and cups and spoons) so Ratters will have something to drink.

If Ted ever updates the first post, I might bring something else, too.

sierratangofoxtrotunion
11-13-2007, 11:52 PM
I'm planning on coming. Depending on a few things, I may bring a handful of friends along as well.

DedEye
11-14-2007, 3:30 AM
This meet up might be reason enough for me to go home for Thanksgiving. If I go back to Napa for Turkey Day, can I hitch a ride with anyone to Chabot for the shoot?

DedEye
11-14-2007, 10:21 AM
Depends on what you offer to contribute to the pot luck.

My winning personality?

Leftovers?

NoTime2Shoot
11-15-2007, 6:29 PM
If we can talk Dullyjay into coming and bringing chili I can donate venison for the effort.

If he does, subtract my beans from the list. But, please let me know before I make them. :D

As you would know. ;)

I'm so going to kick your leg. :p

The Soup Nazi
11-16-2007, 9:56 PM
Will bring soda and sausages.

Beatone
11-16-2007, 10:28 PM
Looks like I'll be there. I'll bring something. Anything that is not being brought yet? Let me know.

SFFRONTMAN
11-18-2007, 11:09 PM
I should be there,I guess this will be my first cal guns meet...sounds like fun:D

hoffmang
11-18-2007, 11:11 PM
I'm coming and I'm likely bringing an unsuspecting Canadian.

I may also be able to bring some of my hickory smoked pulled pork BBQ... I'll confirm the meat later this coming week.

-Gene

Gshock
11-18-2007, 11:47 PM
I just got clearence to go, I'll bring a few loaves of garlic bread and bottled waters.

DedEye
11-19-2007, 4:30 AM
Anyone coming from Napa or around the valley?

wilit
11-19-2007, 7:26 PM
I will be in attendance. What needs to be broughten that's not already being brought?

Parag
11-19-2007, 10:19 PM
I see that I have been volunteered by Bill. :) I now have a cunning plan:

1) Bring samosas
2) ...
3) Profit!

Can someone give me a rough head-count? I was thinking about ordering 50 samosas but it may not be enough. Sure hope the place is open on Friday. Otherwise I won't be able to go to the shoot, being in fear for my life. :)

-- Parag

Ratters
11-19-2007, 10:26 PM
50 definitely is not enough.

bwiese
11-19-2007, 10:58 PM
50 definitely is not enough.

Even after a load of tri-tip?

Damn youse guys is hogs ;)

wilit
11-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Looking forward to Ivanimal's aracheras already. Damn that's tasty. And the tri-tip Bill brought was damn good too. Plus Jake's chili... OMG, my mouth is already watering.

DedEye
11-20-2007, 8:12 AM
I'm going home for Thanksgiving from Santa Barbara almost solely so I can attend. What should I bring?

Also, is there a handgun range at Chabot?

rivviepop
11-20-2007, 10:29 AM
Weather reports are in, it'll be sunny and nice - that means me and the motorbike can make it. :) (don't own a car)

I've got limited room (after the pistol/ammo/gear :) ) but can pack something with, any recommendations with what I can haul up that we need? condiments? more ammo? :)

(ps: which range do we meet at?)

rivviepop
11-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Also, is there a handgun range at Chabot?

Yup. Here are some pics: http://chabotgunclub.com/ranges.htm

Dr. Peter Venkman
11-20-2007, 6:42 PM
I will be in attendance, as will my cousin.

I will try to bring my family's awesomely good bean dip, maybe some sugar cookies too. Do we need utensils, cups, etc?

thedrickel
11-20-2007, 7:13 PM
I'm going to make it, and will bring napkins, utensils & some snacks/appetizers, maybe musubi from L&L :)

ghost
11-20-2007, 7:37 PM
i`ll be there with cookies and brownies:)

rivviepop
11-21-2007, 4:47 PM
After three solid weeks of 12-20 hour days working on the job or at home on home improvement projects, my body doesn't seem to be responding to commands that it doesn't have time to be sick.

Pound some Nyquil tonight and eat Dayquil tomorrow, I once had to go to the doc while sick and he recommended that magic cure over everything else. Basically he said it doesn't fix anything, just gets the gunk out so that your body can do it's own healing faster. (of course vit-C and so on too)

hope ya feel better.

wilit
11-21-2007, 5:00 PM
I can bring some macaroni salad and a cooler with ice. What about cups? I know the last couple of times 2 liters were brought but there was a limited supply of cups.

Centurion_D
11-21-2007, 5:23 PM
Now for the bad news...I feel like I'm coming down with some thng and I don't know if I'm going to make it Friday.

After three solid weeks of 12-20 hour days working on the job or at home on home improvement projects, my body doesn't seem to be responding to commands that it doesn't have time to be sick.

We'll see how I feel Friday morning.

Someone want to step forward and manage the load-in if I can't make it?

I hope you feel better by the time friday rolls around. What can I bring to the gathering? Drinks? Cups? Dessert?

FatKatMatt
11-21-2007, 6:02 PM
Damn, wish I could come but I'm in Truckee the rest of the week; have fun without me guys :(

bwiese
11-21-2007, 8:08 PM
I have passed word on to my buddy Felonious Phil to bring some sorta salad (macaroni, potato etc) and some cups...

mcubed4130
11-21-2007, 8:16 PM
Well... it's getting down to crunch time; and I still have 3 of 5 family members sick... (not me) which means I'm on duty taking care of everyone on Friday.

If everyone - or at least a few get well before Friday - count me in. If not... I'll take a rein-check.

-M3

Dr. Peter Venkman
11-21-2007, 8:34 PM
I'll get ahold of cups for you guys.

I don't think the beandip will last too long; do we have enough chips?

blacklisted
11-21-2007, 8:35 PM
I will be bringing a bunch of fresh homemade salsa, 3.5 pounds of marinated steak, and some corn tortillas. We're probably going to need at least 2 large cutting boards for all this meat. I'll bring an extra kitchen knife in case it is needed.

I'll be bringing my new .45-70 and 100 rounds of Hornady Leverevolution if anyone wants to abuse their shoulder. I will also have my AR with a new LMT 2-stage trigger if anyone wants to try that.

Does anyone have a brass catcher that I can use? I need something that can attach to a tubular forend if possible.

chiefcrash
11-21-2007, 8:47 PM
count me in!

M. Sage
11-21-2007, 10:42 PM
I don't think the beandip will last too long; do we have enough chips?

Note to self: lots of tortilla chips.

ivanimal
11-21-2007, 10:46 PM
Ted if you don't make it Ratters and I will man the ship. The show runs itself from years of your impeccable guidance. I hope to see you there. You tell that body of yours who is boss!

The arracheras are marinating as we speak!

sierratangofoxtrotunion
11-22-2007, 8:22 AM
I'm planning on being there. I may or may not have one or two friends coming along too, depending on people's work schedules.

NoTime2Shoot
11-22-2007, 8:53 AM
Can somebody bring a knife (kitchen type for cutting meat--pocket knives get messy) and a cutting board?

Sounds like someone is bringing one, I'll bring my board and knife too, as usual.

Anyone wanna get fancy and bring a chaffing dish? :p

As for as inviting the staff, they usually just need to be told the stuffs ready.

The kids usually start to attack me as they see the Q pull up. :D

sierratangofoxtrotunion
11-22-2007, 10:28 AM
Anybody bringing eggnog or hot chocolate?

Gshock
11-22-2007, 10:29 AM
I'll bring a knife and a good cutting board, I think I've got a cooler to bring also.

WokMaster1
11-22-2007, 10:50 AM
I'm really bummed I can't make this one. Have to get ready to feed 900+ people at the store.:p

DedEye
11-22-2007, 11:04 AM
I'll probably just end up bringing desserts from the grocery store (sorry for my lack of culinary abilities).

blacklisted
11-22-2007, 2:46 PM
We're going to need tortilla chips!

sierratangofoxtrotunion
11-22-2007, 6:03 PM
Ok well then I'm going to TRY to bring eggnog or hot choc or both.

hoffmang
11-22-2007, 7:41 PM
I'm bringing smoked ribs for reheating. I'll see what else I have kicking around on the cups or non leafy salads front.

-Gene

DedEye
11-22-2007, 9:36 PM
I'll do my best to bring tortilla chips.

McMadCow
11-22-2007, 9:48 PM
I'll be there in the morning and I'll be bringing my hot SO. Not sure what I can bring yet but I'll try to at least bring along some snacks and drinks. :)

Santa Cruz Armory
11-22-2007, 11:31 PM
blfd1, are you from Chicago? My step dad was and he was a huge advocate of celery salt on hot dogs.

He was right about that.

Nope, I'm a Santa Cruz Local. My dad was from the east coast and he's the one who turned me on to it years ago... I've been turning people on to it ever since.

CalGunZ
11-23-2007, 12:13 AM
Last minute notices- but i'll be there, and i'll bring some donuts, how about it.... coffee with donuts.

Santa Cruz Armory
11-23-2007, 12:18 AM
I think it's gonna be a bit chilly up there in the morning, coffee may be a nice touch.

I'll see you guys in the morning.

ivanimal
11-23-2007, 12:29 AM
I have venison and elk steaks, the range guys usually get them early so be on your toes!;)

Santa Cruz Armory
11-23-2007, 7:01 AM
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY EXTRA .40 CAL??

I'll take $20 worth... I need to reload .40 cal BAD! I thought I had a few boxes loaded, but all I have is half a box of Blazer... H E L P !

I'll be the guy in the Ben Lomond Fire sweatshirt, with the Ruger .40 standing at the pistol line going CLICK, CLICK, CLICK...

DedEye
11-23-2007, 7:04 AM

I'll take $20 worth... I need to reload .40 cal BAD! I thought I had a few boxes loaded, but all I have is half a box of Blazer... H E L P !

My friend is bringing his .40 Beretta, I'll see if I can get him to grab an extra box.

Toolbox: beer while shooting :eek:?

Tell me you're bringing your AR22! I ordered mine but really want to see one in person now.

Ratters
11-23-2007, 8:38 AM

I'll be the guy in the Ben Lomond Fire sweatshirt, with the Ruger .40 standing at the pistol line going CLICK, CLICK, CLICK...

I'll bring a 100rd box of wwb for ya.

Skillsaw
11-23-2007, 9:06 AM
I've been a Chabot gun club member for 7 years but have never done any thing with Calguns can I still get in on the pot luck? I can bring chips donuts or what ever. Also I can bring a bunch of .45 Colt if anyone want to try a .45 single action.

rivviepop
11-23-2007, 4:33 PM
thanks everyone for letting me shoot your toys, and yes Virginia - those samosas are little bundles of crack cocaine. so, so good - thanks Parag! :) (I was the guy in the black EFF cap if I didn't get to meet someone properly, I'm bad at that part)

Ratters
11-23-2007, 5:48 PM
You suck Ted. :43:

Great time today. Great people, great food, can't ask for more. And the samosas are worth the trip alone. Glad I ate light yesterday. ;) Looking forward to March already when I'll be walking and shooting. :)

Centurion_D
11-23-2007, 6:16 PM
I had a good time at the range. As always the food was excellent!!! especially the tri-tip steak!!!:D I would have to say that just about every shooting bench had a EBR!

sierratangofoxtrotunion
11-23-2007, 6:18 PM
Rivviepop: I was the guy wandering around for a little bit with no shooting glasses. Thanks Skillsaw for the shooting glasses! Nice to meet you guys, as well as NoTimeToShoot and Toolbox X. Also, hi to a few shoot-n-q regulars like Soup, Hoffmang and Ivanimal.

rivviepop
11-23-2007, 6:46 PM
Rivviepop: I was the guy wandering around for a little bit with no shooting glasses. Thanks Skillsaw for the shooting glasses! Nice to meet you guys, as well as NoTimeToShoot and Toolbox X. Also, hi to a few shoot-n-q regulars like Soup, Hoffmang and Ivanimal.

Chabot is kinda funny sometimes - you can walk around (or shoot, if you're a masochist) without any eyes & ears but if you uncase that weapon on the bench they rain down hellfire and brimstone (like the guy on bench #47/#48 or whatever it was :) ).

Parag
11-23-2007, 8:56 PM
Glad everyone enjoyed the samosas! They are addictive - I've gotten a lot people to try Indian food with these little pot-pies. It took longer this time, but once again, all the samosas were wiped out. Better than last time when they were all gone by lunchtime!

If you're in or near Sunnyvale, pop in to "Rajjot's" at Wolfe and El Camino just behind the gas station, and order a few for yourself. They also have a bunch of other Indian snacks and dishes and make a lot of of the fresh foods available at local Indian grocery stores. Everything is vegetarian, just FYI. If it looks good to you, give it a try! (They are packed around lunchtime.)

-- Parag

Tweak338
11-23-2007, 10:07 PM
If you're in or near Sunnyvale, pop in to "Rajjot's" at Wolfe and El Camino just behind the gas station, and order a few for yourself.

-- Parag

Thanks for informing me of where you get them Parag. Definitely have to go there when I return from Boot.

Santa Cruz Armory
11-23-2007, 10:26 PM

I'll bring a 100rd box of wwb for ya.

You my friend, ROCK!! Thank you! You renewed my faith in the holiday spirit.

Thanks everyone, I enjoyed meeting a few new people and seeing some regulars. The food was AWESOME as always.

I had a great time, I met a few guys down on positions 2&3. One of the guys sons was headed off to Marine bootcamp. I let them shoot the ARs, the AK and the SKS. They were "like kids in a candy store". Heck, I think I had more fun watching them shoot than I did shooting myself.

I told them about OLL and told them to check out CG.NET. Hopefully they'll make it here and read up.

I talked to a couple people about a Panoche shoot around St. Patricks Day... Is there anyone interested?

DedEye
11-23-2007, 11:06 PM
Chabot is kinda funny sometimes - you can walk around (or shoot, if you're a masochist) without any eyes & ears but if you uncase that weapon on the bench they rain down hellfire and brimstone (like the guy on bench #47/#48 or whatever it was :) ).

"The young man at bench #47!" Wow :eek:.

This was the best part of my Thanksgiving break (the shoot and 'Q). It was awesome meeting all of you, thanks to everyone who let me try out their guns. I got to bruise my shoulder with a couple heavy hitting calibers I'd never shot before (.50 Beowulf, .45-70) and got a sneak preview of the .22 upper I ordered when Toolbox let me play with his :43:. I don't think I ever expected being so excited for a .22, but that may have been the coolest gun I shot all day. It was also great trying out new optics that I can't afford yet, as well as which grip to get for a featureless build (so torn now between the MMG and U15; hadn't expected that). Plus I got to find out the exciting upcoming possibilities for CA gun owners ;). Overall, a phenomenal day.

Wes, you really need to start selling those 27 round Black Dog mags; 10 rounds goes by way too fast.

mcubed4130
11-23-2007, 11:53 PM
Well, gee Brainiac, that would be a felony. It would also be a felony for one to somehow bring one into California today since they were manufactured after the magazine ban went into effect some 7 years ago.

Last I checked - Wes was inside CA... therefore buying from Wes - would not be importing; and therefore it not a felony.

However; what Wes - as the seller - would be charged with; since he is a FFL01 - with a large capacity mag permit; is already a topic in the 2ndAmend forum.

:D

-M3

E. Fudd
11-23-2007, 11:55 PM

To paraphase the Don, "Nothing personal. It's only business..." :D

Actually, eye and ear protection is mandatory at the shooting bench, whether or not you are shooting. We'll 'remind' you nicely the first time we spot anyone without... :o True, you can walk around behind the red safety line without eyes and ears, although it's not recommended.... Eh? What?

Yeah, and we try to minimize folks sweeping the rest of the line with their muzzles by requiring they case or uncase only at the shooting bench w/ the muzzle pointed downrange. Most of the customers don't seem to like looking down someone else's muzzle...

On behalf of the staff, thanks for all the tasty eats....

We'll try to scream more softly on the PA system next time.. :D

mcubed4130
11-24-2007, 12:06 AM
Egads pwned by a tactifool with a sniper 12 gauge Mossberg. What's this board coming to?

A tactifool? Gee... that's it then... you aren't allowed to fire my 12g sniper slug gun then... neener neener :p

I'll only let you shoot it - with the HD barrel attached! :D Assuming both you and my family are well next time; and we both go to the meet-up. :)

-M3

NoTime2Shoot
11-24-2007, 8:42 AM
Glad everyone enjoyed the samosas! They are addictive - I've gotten a lot people to try Indian food with these little pot-pies. It took longer this time, but once again, all the samosas were wiped out. Better than last time when they were all gone by lunchtime!

I "liberated" some to snack on last night. :D

rivviepop
11-24-2007, 11:42 AM
True, you can walk around behind the red safety line without eyes and ears, although it's not recommended.... Eh? What?

...and we just let them, it's Darwinian evolution meets the range firing line. :)

M. Sage
11-24-2007, 3:50 PM
"The young man at bench #47!" Wow :eek:.

Yeah, I remember that. I was downrange, and started looking for cover.

IIRC, it was a teenager who walked up to a bench during ceasefire and not olnly stopped at the bench, but started handling a gun on it!

high_revs
11-24-2007, 4:51 PM
any pictures? bummer i missed it. i missed my hard to get but can't sell infineon day also due to a viral sore thoat. :mad::mad:

zefflyn
11-24-2007, 9:18 PM
Good times.

hoffmang
11-24-2007, 9:36 PM
So I had a hilarious moment.

We closed the range up. On the way back on 92 west just about 1 mile short of the toll plaza I start hearing buddaduddududuuduh on the driver's rear side. Of course I'm stuck in the area with sound walls on both sides (short of the end of that little stub road that heads out towards the bay.) With the tire in question being the driver's side I coasted on to find an area with a lot more shoulder room as it was clear I couldn't make it to the toll plaza employee lot. I pulled off so I was 50% on the grass and as I'm getting out think:

I'm about to stack 2 OLLs and 3 empty lowers in locked cases with handguns in them as well on 92 where my odds of meeting a CHP officer are quite high...

I threw them in the back seat and quickly change the tire without incident. It was just one of those funny moments.

-Gene

ghost
11-24-2007, 9:56 PM
it was a good shoot!
too bad we didnt have name tags like last time so we could put faces with the sn`s on here.special thanks to beatone for letting me shoot his bar and m96:D
it was good seeing everybody again as well as the new folks i met.

DedEye
11-24-2007, 9:59 PM
it was a good shoot!
too bad we didnt have name tags like last time so we could put faces with the sn`s on here.special thanks to beatone for letting me shoot his bar and m96:D

Nametags would have been a great plus, I still don't have a clue who I met (for the most part :p). Gene, I didn't even realize you were there.

mcubed4130
11-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Nametags would have been a great plus, I still don't have a clue who I met (for the most part :p). Gene, I didn't even realize you were there.

He was the guy with the OLL... :D

-M3

Beatone
11-24-2007, 10:59 PM
it was a good shoot!

Your welcome Ghost. I think name tags would have been good also. Met a few more of the members but I to missed Gene. Great day for shooting. I look forward to the next shoot & Q. Sure was packed!!

Santa Cruz Armory
11-24-2007, 11:12 PM
Well, this is the only pic I had for the day...

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/BLFD1/1123071144.jpg

Gshock
11-25-2007, 9:28 AM
It was a good shoot, first time at that range, nice place. It was nice to meet more members and try some new guns, thanks M.Sage, and I finally got to try those legendary samosas, the food was worth the drive alone, thanks everyone

Dr. Peter Venkman
11-25-2007, 11:00 AM
Definintely need nametags. The food was great but I only recognized a few people after bumping into them and that was that. My beandip got cold pretty fast...oh well.

wilit
11-25-2007, 2:06 PM
Awesome Shoot-n-que once again. It was nice the NRA guys came out so we could finally put a face to the term, "The Right People."

I believe we only had one fatality for the day too. I'd like everyone to say a prayer for Jakes BBQ. It has served us well, but unfortunately did not survive the day.

M. Sage
11-25-2007, 3:54 PM
I'd like everyone to say a prayer for Jakes BBQ. It has served us well, but unfortunately did not survive the day.

Are you joking? That's only the third time I've seen him break it... out of the three times I've seen him bring it to Chabot!

Guess I'll get to be the one who brings a grill from now on.

bwiese
11-25-2007, 4:43 PM
Jake & Ivan, thanks for the excellent cooking as usual

Parag, thanks for the massive samosas infusion.

Beatone, it was great to meet you.

It was good seeing NRA's Ed & Paul again too.

Thanks to the range folks (E. Fudd & crew) and RSO Curtis for putting up with us, I hope they went to bed well-fed.

I don't think any Calgunners were responsible for any of the PA denouncements, those were auslanders.

And Stupid Bill Here should learn to boresight his upper by ensuring he's looking at the same damned target thru the bbl as thru the optic. Man, that Elcan sure can correct for a lotta windage! :)

(Nevertheless I am pleased w/my Noveske N4 + Elcan SpecterDR, with another 200 rounds thru it I'll call it my go-to platform...)

Ratters
11-25-2007, 6:09 PM
Awesome Shoot-n-que once again. It was nice the NRA guys came out so we could finally put a face to the term, "The Right People."

I believe we only had one fatality for the day too. I'd like everyone to say a prayer for Jakes BBQ. It has served us well, but unfortunately did not survive the day.

I figured once he got the hose clamps on the cue would be good for another three years. :D

We should also say thanks to the woman at the range who baked us a cake fresh from the oven. That was awesome. :)

NoTime2Shoot
11-25-2007, 7:21 PM
Are you joking? That's only the third time I've seen him break it... out of the three times I've seen him bring it to Chabot!

Dagnabit! I've only broken it twice!

:p

hoffmang
11-25-2007, 7:24 PM

I came a bit late - just before 2. I was wondering around wearing a red jacket with reflective shoulders...

Good time. Next time I'll get there earlier.

-Gene

DedEye
11-25-2007, 11:32 PM
That was Susan, the range master's wife. She did that for us at the last Shoot-n-Q. Most everyone had left by that time though.

Dammit, I was there, SAW THE CAKE, and forgot to get a piece :eek: :mad:.

Venkman: that's what you get for not having a black rifle :p.

sierratangofoxtrotunion
11-26-2007, 9:33 AM
Funny moment: When Bill walked up and I said "Nice to see you again, Bill!" And he turned to somebody else and said "Oh hi!"

bwiese
11-26-2007, 9:41 AM
Funny moment: When Bill walked up and I said "Nice to see you again, Bill!" And he turned to somebody else and said "Oh hi!"

Sorry about the brain fade, and I'm half deaf to boot. Lotta faces and my brain is having a hard time btwn Calguns ID and names.

My apology rests in the form of the 6.5lbs of tritip I brought (and so diligently cooked by Jake)

edsel6502
11-26-2007, 12:38 PM
Here are some photos I took for that day. Sorry for the delay. I was sans puter for a few days. Anywho, I'm sorry if I can't assign names and I didn't get around taking enough photos of everyone.

You can get to the pics at this link.

http://server.thewok.net/tan/tday2007

hoffmang
11-26-2007, 1:20 PM
Wes has competition:
http://www.thewok.net/tan/tday2007/slides/IMG_0064.html

-Gene

DedEye
11-26-2007, 3:26 PM
Wes has competition:
http://www.thewok.net/tan/tday2007/slides/IMG_0064.html

-Gene

Who is that riding the scooter in the first pic?

M. Sage
11-26-2007, 6:26 PM
Who is that riding the scooter in the first pic?

Lol, you weren't paying close enough attention. :p

DedEye
11-26-2007, 8:11 PM
Lol, you weren't paying close enough attention. :p

Dangit Sage, there were so many new faces and names how was I supposed to keep them all straight?!

I was only about 2 benches down from him and he showed me his Saiga when I got there, but I don't think I ever caught his name or handle on here.

M. Sage
11-26-2007, 9:26 PM
I meant attention to this thread. :p

DedEye
11-26-2007, 9:51 PM
I meant attention to this thread. :p

EPIC FAIL.

Here are some photos I took for that day. Sorry for the delay. I was sans puter for a few days. Anywho, I'm sorry if I can't assign names and I didn't get around taking enough photos of everyone.

You can get to the pics at this link.

http://server.thewok.net/tan/tday2007

FALE!

http://www.lafferty.ca/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/fail-24.jpg

FALI!

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u59/wolfclown1/fail.jpg

FLAI

http://backdoorlife.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/epic-fail.jpg

FAIL

http://www.codysortore.com/images/epic.jpg

EPIC FAIL!

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/funny-pictures-bird-cat-cage.jpg

Soldier415
11-27-2007, 6:44 AM
Dang Dedeye, you are like a teacher at a public school in SF, handing out FAILs left and right today...

:D

M. Sage
11-27-2007, 6:47 AM
Ah, so you noticed who posted the pics, eh? And I take it you saw the caption under the scooter link? :p

ROFL!

donger
11-27-2007, 11:34 AM
Geez, you guys are ugly! :D

Just kidding. A little bit.

bwiese
11-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Geez, you guys are ugly! :D

Just kidding. A little bit.

I may indeed be, but my Noveske N4 + Elcan is beautiful ;)

donger
11-27-2007, 2:07 PM
I may indeed be, but my Noveske N4 + Elcan is beautiful ;)

It's nice to match a face to some of the names.

Wish we had something like this down here.

BTW I also think my Noveske is sexy.

DedEye
11-27-2007, 2:39 PM
It's nice to match a face to some of the names.

Wish we had something like this down here.

BTW I also think my Noveske is sexy.

You have to come up to Santa Barbara; we've had a meet and shoot like this (but nowhere near as big).