PDA

View Full Version : PPT... any documentation for the seller???

8200rpm
09-29-2007, 10:15 AM
I've sold a handful of firearms (long guns and handguns) via PPT and most of the time, I leave the FFL without any documentation as the seller. I never ask for one. They're the FFL, and I have faith that they know what they're doing.

Turners was the only shop that offered to give me a copy of the transfer record with the permission of the buyer since it has the buyers personal info.

What's been your experience?

kantstudien
09-29-2007, 10:33 AM
At Ade's, if you ask he will give you (seller) a copy of the DROS with the buyer's info blocked out or if you are the buyer, a copy with the seller's info removed.

The SoCal Gunner
09-29-2007, 10:58 AM
When asked, FFLs are required to provide a copy of the 4473. They should also black out the buyer's personal information.

FortCourageArmory
09-29-2007, 12:57 PM
When asked, FFLs are required to provide a copy of the 4473. They should also black out the buyer's personal information

Do you have a code section on that one? I will provide a copy of the DROS upon request, but the 4473 has nothing on it that isn't already contained in the DROS.

The SoCal Gunner
09-29-2007, 3:13 PM
Do you have a code section on that one? I will provide a copy of the DROS upon request, but the 4473 has nothing on it that isn't already contained in the DROS.

I may be mistaken and the DROS might just be as acceptable. PC 12076 only states a "photocopy of the original [register]".

tenpercentfirearms
09-29-2007, 3:25 PM
I don't give anyone anything other than a receipt unless for some crazy reason they want it. If they want a copy of something, I make it for them.

cseabass
09-29-2007, 10:56 PM
where i work, the seller gets a copy of the invoice.