View Full Version : PPT with party from another State possible?

09-28-2007, 11:09 PM
Can a private party transfer be done here in CA with a person driving in from another State to do this PPT face to face with a handgun not shown on the CADOJ roster? I mean, would this be any different than doing the same thing locally with a local CA resident?

09-29-2007, 9:43 AM
Your best best is to send the firearm to an FFL in his state and let them xfer it.

09-29-2007, 11:41 AM
Nope, PPT is for CA residents only.

Usually it's face-to-face except in case of consignment guns or gun show sales (where a split-FFL transaction is possible).

If the gun is a handgun it must be on the approved list, or an exempt handgun (dimensionally compliant single-actions or single shots, or old antiques).