PDA

View Full Version : OLL build

4 Brigada
09-26-2007, 10:03 AM
This has probably been posted before, if so redirect me to the thread. Need the CA legal information for AR build, such as what magazine button duhickey, chingus to use, FH or MB and the magazine itself, I saw a CA legal ar type with a PG and what looked like a 30 round magazine but its limited to 10. All of this legal? Getting the parts together and I might not be able to use the barrel so wpuld like to get a knowledgable clue.

rod
09-26-2007, 12:41 PM
I would point you to some threads that cover your questions but it would require me to do a search and I don't feel like going through all the results. So, I'll tell you a little of what I know

You can build a CA legal AR in two basic styles 1)Fixed Mag w/ evil features or 2) detachable mag without evil features.

You asked about mag locks so I'll address that style of build. You can choose a magazine lock to install on your lower receiver and render your rifle incapable of receiving a detachable magazine. That in turn makes SB23 not applicable and you can add features such as collapsable stock, pistle grip, and flash hider. You are limited to 10 round magazines. PERIOD. It doesn't matter how many hundreds of 30 round mags you owned before the ban, the law is, you can't use them in a fixed magazine build. Now, if you're worried about impressing the ladies, you can buy 10 round mags that look like 30 rnd mags. Those are legal all day long.

I'm not too sure what you're asking about the barrel. Whatever you decide to get, make sure it's 16 inches or longer when it's all said and done. That includes the 14 inch barrels with a flash hider PERMENANTLY attached.

Back to the magazine locks, you have several types to choose from. The most popular are the Prince 50 or the Bullet Button. SemiAuto Sam also makes one but I don't have any experience with his locks. Anyway, the Bullet Button allows a shooter to remove a magazine by use of a tool inserted into a little hole in the mag release button. When a magazine is inserted into the magwell, it is locked in automatically. The Prince 50 uses a set screw to lock the magazine in place. You'll have to load your rifle from the top if you use the Prince 50 but if you shoot out of state, you can convert to normal function with a few turns of the set screw. Again, you are limited to 10 round magazines when you use a magazine lock and add SB23 features to your rifle.

Hope this answers your questions.

4 Brigada
09-26-2007, 1:50 PM
I would point you to some threads that cover your questions but it would require me to do a search and I don't feel like going through all the results. So, I'll tell you a little of what I know

Thanks rod you answered all my questions, the barrel question is that the barrel that I have has a pinned on FH, if you cant have one then I would have to get a diffrent barrel but Its ok as long as its a non removable 10 rnd magazine.\