PDA

View Full Version : Off the wall question.

PanzerAce
09-25-2007, 10:19 AM
So I know that parts kits for AKs have to have the receiver cut up before importation into the US. I also remember reading on a couple of sites that the ATF was starting to demand that the barrels be cut as well.

Does this effect parts kits that were never built up in the first place? I ask because I want to get a bulgie AK-74 kit, but can't afford it right now, and I noticed that k-var has never built kits. If these aren't going to dry up, great, I can wait; otherwise, I need to figure out how to make some more money.

Q
09-25-2007, 1:50 PM
From what I gathered,

Any kit, here with the barrels intact are ok. Anything imported after a certain date will have to have a cut or missing barrel.
So, buy your bulgarian kit now. No, more will be coming in with the barrel.
The reason you see a few kits pop up in small numbers is because they were in customs, backed up or getting checked before they were released for sale.
So don't delay, those babies are drying up quick and will increase in value! :D

adamsreeftank
09-25-2007, 2:26 PM
If you want to get a certain kit, I'd say get it while you can. Also, get a good receiver while you can too. The kits are a here-today gone-tomorrow kind of thing. There are a lot of people hoping Nodak decides to make more Yugo .223 receivers because they didn't get any from the last batch.

Work some overtime if you have to but get what you want ASAP.

rkt88edmo
09-25-2007, 2:43 PM
yeah, kit availability, barrel or no, can be haphazard. Buy now or forever hold your peace.

PanzerAce
09-26-2007, 1:16 AM
ok, thanks :)