PDA

View Full Version : what happen in burro canyon 3 weeks ago?

savageevo
09-24-2007, 7:59 PM
Okay, I stopped at Ade's gun shop and was talking witha fellow there about BB, He said when he was at burro canyon shooting they had a sting operation there. A couple of guys got busted there for removing there mags to reload. I don't know if it was atf or sheriff that was scoping out the shooters. The guy said they (sheriff or atf) was on top of the hill with high powered scopes watching the shooters if they were dropping mags. they saw a couple doing mag dumps and got busted. does anybody know what was that about. :(

JHC
09-24-2007, 8:10 PM
I bet it was Iggy. http://www.spiegel.de/img/0,1020,435771,00.jpg

Roo
09-24-2007, 8:13 PM
another reason why I don't go on the weekends :p

-aK-
09-24-2007, 8:14 PM
If they used a tool and need to use a tool to remove the mag then it wouldn't matter.

Roo
09-24-2007, 8:16 PM
If they used a tool and need to use a tool to remove the mag then it wouldn't matter.

Since the DOJ doesn't know whats going on I wouldn't be surprised that some officers don't know. You may be right but how much money and time is it going to take you to prove it?

peepshowal
09-24-2007, 8:17 PM
I bet it was Iggy. http://www.spiegel.de/img/0,1020,435771,00.jpg

LOL I knew I'd seen him before

CALI-gula
09-24-2007, 8:23 PM
what happen in burro canyon 3 weeks ago?

What happens in Burro Canyon stays in Burro Canyon. :shifty:

MrLogan
09-24-2007, 8:52 PM
Anyone know if there's any truth to this rumor?

pnkssbtz
09-24-2007, 8:53 PM
This is the 3rd time I've heard this rumor, all about burro canyon.

3 different times, months apart...

want_ar
09-24-2007, 9:04 PM
3 different times, months apart...

Happened 2 weeks ago :p

shark92651
09-24-2007, 9:06 PM
I call BS on this. If it were true we would have heard about it here and not from "some guy" at Ade's (who probably heard it from somebody he knows...)

MrLogan
09-24-2007, 9:13 PM
Yeah, this rumor came up before a few months ago. :confused:

hoozaru
09-24-2007, 9:29 PM
go MMG or gripless

eta34
09-24-2007, 9:36 PM
No really, it's true. My brother's wife's cousin's best friend's ex-boyfriend is the one who got arrested.

Roo
09-24-2007, 9:38 PM
Well I can't speak for this time but a good friend of mine was at Burro when they did a raid and made everyone step away fromt heir guns and they checked the legality and ran serials.

EastBayRidge
09-24-2007, 9:44 PM
Why would ATF care ? They're Feds and detachable mags are a CA issue.

hoozaru
09-24-2007, 9:49 PM
ran serials?

tell them to go F*** themselves.

ask a group of heavily armed marksman to step away from their guns?

well, this guy must got some serious backup or supersized balls. Cause there are people at Burro whom you don't wanna talk to unless really have to.

Roo
09-24-2007, 9:56 PM
ran serials?

tell them to go F*** themselves.

ask a group of heavily armed marksman to step away from their guns?

well, this guy must got some serious backup or supersized balls. Cause there are people at Burro whom you don't wanna talk to unless really have to.

According to him they came up in vans fully armed ordering people to put their firearms down and step away.

pnkssbtz
09-24-2007, 9:58 PM
According to him they came up in vans fully armed ordering people to put their firearms down and step away.

Can you say violation of 4th amendment rights?

On what pretext did they have probable cause that each and every single person had illegal firearms? And by what justification did they seize the weapons as evidence?

Might as well go door to door inspecting houses for contraband and criminals, right?

hoozaru
09-24-2007, 10:10 PM
ok it usually takes two vans of SWAT + K9 unit + helicopter to arrest one single law-obeying citizen who is only suspected to have a pistol. Now on a regular weekend, there are at least 20 armed strong on Burro's public line at any given time. By theory, you gonna need at least 50 swat and 200 more regular LEOs to make sure all armed civilians will cooperate step back and absolutely nothing will go wrong. Don't forget the media vans either. well haven't seen such a force mobilized since north hollywood, and it wasn't on TV?

Roo
09-24-2007, 10:25 PM
Can you say violation of 4th amendment rights?

On what pretext did they have probable cause that each and every single person had illegal firearms? And by what justification did they seize the weapons as evidence?

Might as well go door to door inspecting houses for contraband and criminals, right?

The excuse they gave was automatic fire was reported and so were illegal arms. Even a few weeks ago some guy was bump firing and the RO told him not to because the Sheriff gets reports of automatic weapons and come check it out. There are a lot of people in power that want Burro shut down so this may be them trying to find reasons...

Smokeybehr
09-24-2007, 10:27 PM
Is it just me, or are your BS detectors redlining?

Roo
09-24-2007, 10:30 PM

My friend has never lied to me before nor would he have a reason to. People have spoke on here about how they were at the range during a raid. I will be at Burro later this week and I will ask some of the RO's.

metalhead357
09-24-2007, 11:41 PM

Nope. As eta said
No really, it's true. My brother's wife's cousin's best friend's ex-boyfriend is the one who got arrested.

I know its true- My wifes cousin's hairdresser who lives down the road from a lady went to the market and overheard the clerk boy telling his aunt that his neieces nephew's cat sitter was up there and saw the whole enchillda go down.

When something like THAT occurs it'd make the news....and or we'd have peeps Posting like Madd doggs on a scent looking for help from us.

If anything...some nonsense story outta control...probaly some lone guy up there on a tuesday got busted for meth while he had a single shot hi-wall in the trunk of his nova................

thedrickel
09-24-2007, 11:58 PM
God I love Chabot! Elmer the rangemaster don't seem so bad I guess . . .

Josh
09-25-2007, 12:58 AM
The excuse they gave was automatic fire was reported and so were illegal arms. Even a few weeks ago some guy was bump firing and the RO told him not to because the Sheriff gets reports of automatic weapons and come check it out. There are a lot of people in power that want Burro shut down so this may be them trying to find reasons...

There is almost always what sounds like automatic gunfire at burro, either someone bump firing or some agency/officer shooting something full auto.

mdhpper
09-25-2007, 6:48 AM
I call BS on this. If it were true we would have heard about it here and not from "some guy" at Ade's (who probably heard it from somebody he knows...)

x's 2

pnkssbtz
09-28-2007, 8:22 PM
Doesn't one of the burro canyon guys post here or Arfcom?

Solidmch
09-28-2007, 8:57 PM
I talked to my baby mamas brothers girlfriend next door neighbor and she said she dont know nuttn either.:90:

ghostwong
09-28-2007, 10:44 PM

Automatic fire - I know that was true. On 9-15-2007 the United States Coast Guards were training there with their .50 Cal Machine gun. That's a .50 caliber Machine GUN. I was there, I heard it, I saw it, and I felt it. Also I cried because I couldn't use it.

mr2.0
09-29-2007, 12:34 AM
Automatic fire - I know that was true. On 9-15-2007 the United States Coast Guards were training there with their .50 Cal Machine gun. That's a .50 caliber Machine GUN. I was there, I heard it, I saw it, and I felt it. Also I cried because I couldn't use it.

Why would the Coast Guard training up in the mountain? Running out of space in the water?

NeoWeird
09-29-2007, 1:02 AM
Why would the Coast Guard training up in the mountain? Running out of space in the water?

Probably because firing a weapon in open water is an international sign for distress and I believe is a felony when not done in an emergency situation.

Scarecrow Repair
09-29-2007, 4:42 AM
Probably because firing a weapon in open water is an international sign for distress and I believe is a felony when not done in an emergency situation.

*snort*

If that is true, at most it requires some kind of notice before training. Navies have been shooting guns at sea for training for years and certainly aren't going to stop just because of that.

ybz
09-29-2007, 7:39 AM

dont people shoot skeets of the back of boats??? they do in the movies anyway...

Bill_in_SD
09-29-2007, 8:05 AM
We (in the Navy) used to shoot skeet off the back of our ships. I am not sure when they stopped, but it seems about the time that they quit doing proper 'swim calls'.

My last swim call was in the Red Sea in 1994. Nothing like diving off the back of a destroyer.....

I stood the 25MM watch instead of the .50 cal. Kinda wish I was on the .50 cal since there is NO way I can own a 25MM, or have the space to shoot one!

(Now the Burro Canyon rumors can include the use of a 25MM and a swim call :) )

Bill in SD

proraptor
09-29-2007, 8:11 AM
All the burro canyon rumors are BS I bet....But I will say if that place got shutdown it would suck cause then all the bangers would go to angeles and make that place suck...

Id sure like to see the guy that rides the quad shutdown though as he is an ***

Black_Talon
09-29-2007, 4:27 PM

USCG is a regular at Burro. They normally don't bring the truck with the .50 cal though.

Subvertz
09-29-2007, 5:46 PM
I was on a destroyer 3 weeks ago that was returning to SD from deployment.
They were getting rid of 25mm and .50 the fun way in open water because it was either old, or they didn't want to offload it at Seal Beach.
I don't know if Coast Guard does it, but Navy does.

Fjold
09-29-2007, 9:10 PM

You can shoot on the ocean all you want as long as you are further than 12 miles from land.

Piper
09-30-2007, 9:09 AM
Where's Burro Canyon? Sounds interesting.

RAD-CDPII
09-30-2007, 10:07 AM
This link is in another post, "Are these legal in California".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD0RNY0D_w4

NIB
09-30-2007, 3:33 PM
Unless there is some official word about this then I would call it BS.

But who's to say that right now at this moment some poor sap isn't rotting away in jail for "Illegal Evil Assault Weapon" that we don't know about.

Cola King Martini
09-30-2007, 3:43 PM
I've fired my EBRs up at Burro many times. I'm talking AR-15s, FALs, .50 BMGs. No one has ever blinked or questioned me. Any LEO's who would have would be shown the registration paperwork I keep with me.

Also, there is often full auto fire up there. LEO's use the tac ranges often.

MrLogan
09-30-2007, 4:50 PM
Yeah, a lot of us go up to Burro. They're a pretty popular range. If this were real, this place would be flooded with actual information.

Sheldon
09-30-2007, 6:04 PM

That explains the huge pile of links for the 50 BMG I found up there!!!! I just wish they'de have left the brass instead of just the links. I need to get up there soon. I just renewed the membership this month.

hoozaru
09-30-2007, 10:10 PM
just got back from burro this afternoon, everything seems fine. I could hear the full auto sounds. Coast Guards are still there or just some guy bump firing?

smokycuh
09-30-2007, 10:23 PM
i heard this from my friend about 2 weeks ago but he said one of his friend's rifles were taken away.

metalhead357
10-01-2007, 5:48 AM
i heard this from my friend about 2 weeks ago but he said one of his friend's rifles were taken away.

talk to him again and get the FULL story' get the offices & officer's ranks etc. and post what you can here; if its legit-- then people need to know...and to know the specifics; what rifle, why, etc.

StukaJr
10-01-2007, 11:52 AM
Stop this BS - honestly, the same story about (insert law enforcement branch here) + high Powered Binoculars and a hill was first circulated at least a year ago...

The guy said they (sheriff or atf) was on top of the hill with high powered scopes watching the shooters if they were dropping mags. they saw a couple doing mag dumps and got busted. does anybody know what was that about. :(

All right, ask yourself - which hill? Have you been to "Burro"? Were "they" set up on the right or the left? Couldn't have been on the left of the firing lane as there is a steep drop off and the nearest "hill" is like a mile away... Couldn't have been on the right - you either sit in the plain view of those walking up to the handgun range/registration shack or, once again, a mile away - never mind the terrain/trees/sun shade breaking the line of view... Were they busting people on the private range? Or setting up their "observation view" from the foothills that act as a backstop (that would have been a real winner).

So, they've confiscated rifles and there is no Media line up of seized assault rifles for a photo opp? Such a great "win" on the war on guns and no write up in papers? I have "high powered binoculars" but I wish I could see if the person is dropping their magazine with a tool or finger...

All around BS... I stopped going to Burro due to relaxed and few range security, shady looking gents and my target frame getting destroyed before I can even line up (spraying bumpfire and shooting handgun/buckshot in rifle lanes) - but I won't give this sting opp thread any credibility until I see some proof.

supersonic
10-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Maybe it didn't make the news because the "mag-droppers" actually were using their OWN reg'd AW's & had their paperwork w/ them???????? Wouldn't have made a very good story- the DOJ/local L.E. looking like stooges 'n all. I'll put in my .02 for a big :icon_bs:!!!
SS:43: