PDA

View Full Version : AB 1471 reached the Governor's Desk 9/21 - Call and write again!

hoffmang
09-23-2007, 1:34 PM
It's time to turn up the pressure on the Governor to Veto AB-1471. Here is the update from Anthonysmanifesto:

THE GOVERNOR JUST RECEIVED THE MEASURE!!!

LAST HIST. ACT. DATE: 09/21/2007
LAST HIST. ACTION : Enrolled and to the Governor at 3:45 p.m.

TITLE : An act to amend Section 12126 of the Penal Code,
relating to firearms.

so the governor has until Oct 14th to act on this and all measures according to the Constitution (http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/waisgate?waisdocid=5814182212+0+0+0&waisaction=retrieve). Art. 4 sec.10 (b) (1)

"(b) (1) Any bill, other than a bill which would establish or
change boundaries of any legislative, congressional, or other
election district, passed by the Legislature on or before the date
the Legislature adjourns for a joint recess to reconvene in the
second calendar year of the biennium of the legislative session, and
in the possession of the Governor after that date, that is not
returned within 30 days after that date becomes a statute"

CALL Gov's Sac number (916-445-2841)

Press 1 - for English
Press 2 - for Voice your opinion on Assembly Bills
Press 1 - for Micro Stamping Bill (AB1471)
Press 2 to OPPOSE the gun control bill.

District Offices:

Fresno Office
2550 Mariposa Mall #3013
Fresno, CA 93721
Phone: 559-445-5295
Fax: 559-445-5328

Los Angeles Office
300 South Spring Street
Suite 16701
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Phone: 213-897-0322
Fax: 213-897-0319

Riverside Office
3737 Main Street #201
Riverside, CA 92501
Phone: 951-680-6860
Fax: 951-680-6863

San Diego Office
1350 Front Street
Suite 6054
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone: 619-525-4641
Fax: 619-525-4640

San Francisco Office
455 Golden Gate Avenue
Suite 14000
San Francisco, CA 94102
Phone: 415-703-2218
Fax: 415-703-2803

Washington D.C. Office
134 Hall of the States
444 North Capitol Street NW
Washington D.C. 20001
Phone: 202-624-5270
Fax: 202-624-5280

And don't forget about the Saiga contest: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=68788

-Gene

Can'thavenuthingood
09-25-2007, 12:44 PM
I just opposed it again.

Sacramento Office
Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
State Capitol Building
Sacramento, CA 95814

Phone: 916-445-2841

Fax: 916-445-4633

Vick

G17GUY
09-30-2007, 3:57 PM
VETO SB 777 and AB 394

SB777 is on the desk as we speak..
http://www.savecalifornia.com/getpluggedin/news_details.php?newsid=79

If you could please voice a "vote no on SB777" when you call, that would be greatly appreciated as well. I don't wan't my children to have to deal with this crap at such a young age.

KenpoProfessor
09-30-2007, 4:18 PM
VETO SB 777 and AB 394

If you could please voice a "vote no on SB777" when you call, that would be greatly appreciated as well. I don't wan't my children to have to deal with this crap at such a young age.

I can't say that SB777 is a bad thing, it is REALITY. These people exist, and rather than get into why, how, where, whatever, at least your children will be informed about life. Most parents don't have the courage to inform their children of alternative lifestyles, hell, you can barely get them to talk about a hetero lifestlye.

If you feel their lives are abominations, you're really not better than any anti-gunner with different moral convictions.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

TheMan
09-30-2007, 4:45 PM
I can't say that SB777 is a bad thing, it is REALITY. These people exist, and rather than get into why, how, where, whatever, at least your children will be informed about life. Most parents don't have the courage to inform their children of alternative lifestyles, hell, you can barely get them to talk about a hetero lifestlye.

I'd just as soon not have my tax money spent on teaching them things like crossdressing, and gay history. Nothing against homos, sex doesn't need to be taught or promoted in schools, either hetero, or homo. From a health perspective, maybe I can understand teaching potential risks of STDs, etc. But certainly not history.

I also wouldn't want money spent teaching them to learn the history of guns. But I could see teaching how to safely handle them, which would be similar to teaching safety when it comes to the STDs, etc.

If you feel their lives are abominations, you're really not better than any anti-gunner with different moral convictions.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

I don't care what they stick in where. Education levels of people graduating high school are bad enough without taking time from traditional subjects to teach these subjects. I'd much rather pay for someone to learn how to speak and write proper English, than pay for them to learn the proper way to request a BJ in an airport bathroom.

5150-417
10-01-2007, 4:40 PM
VETO SB 777 and AB 394

Okay I have nothing against homos and trans or whatever is out there, but to educate children and promote it is just wrong. If i had kids and that passed i would be ****en pissed, well hey you got my vote i'm calling after i finish this comment.

bwiese
10-01-2007, 5:57 PM
PLEASE IGNORE G17GUY'S POOR ADVICE ABOVE: IT IS A VERY POOR IDEA TO MIX MESSAGES IN A CALL TO GOV'S OFFICE ABOUT UNRELATED ITEMS.

This is a firearms-related website and political effort!

Our efforts against AB1471 and AB821 should be dissociated from any pro- or veto sentiments regarding SB777 or other non-gun bills.

There is a very real chance that your call about a gun bill - with side commentary about SB777 or other unrelated matter - could somehow be regarded by a tired phone staffer as a call about SB777 with a tangential and ignored reference to the gun matters. Your action would thus likely not be recorded as having any gun-issue relevance, especially as there is substantial incoming phone activity supporting SB777.

Heck, it's probably even best to call separately about each of the various gun bills.

Besides that, I think it also serves us better to not have our pro-gun sentiment being pigeonholed as being for or against other issues, as our gun votes may be taken less seriously. If pro-gun sentiment is perceived as being across the board it's better for us; associating our concerns with an anti-SB777 sentiment just reinforces stereotypes of gunowners.

swhatb
10-02-2007, 8:58 PM
It's best to call separately about each of the various gun bills. Ties up there phone line longer and you'll get to speak with a different person :p

Time to dial again!

RRangel
10-03-2007, 6:03 PM
No time to rest folks if you haven't called please do so. Tell everyone you know. If this becomes law we're all going to be sorry. You think you have limited gun choices now?

Librarian
10-04-2007, 2:17 PM
Not that this should be a surprise, but just got DeSaulnier's quarterly brag sheet.
DeSaulnier Receives Brady Campaign Award
A long-time advocate of gun regulation and firearm education, Assemblymember Mark DeSaulnier was recently presented with the California Brady Campaign Excellence in Leadership Award for his commitment to gun control and as a co-author of Assembly Bill 1471.
The Brady Campaign Against Gun Violence honored legislators who carried bills to give law enforcement the tools and resources they need to fight violent crimes. “I am proud to continue this go good work with the California Brady Campaign,” said DeSaulnier. “Leaders in my district are working hard to stem the tide of youth violence and gun crime in our communities. This honor from the Brady Campaign is an indication that we are moving in a positive direction.”
I'm ashamed he's from my district.

Call and fax and email Arnold, please.

Ghugly
10-06-2007, 2:04 PM
VETO SB 777 and AB 394

Take the time and read the bill. SB777 says nothing about promoting homosexuality, cross dressing, etc.. It only says that those institutions affected by the bill are not to discriminate against them anymore than they are allowed to discriminate against someone because of race. There is an enormous difference between promoting something and not allowing the promotion of hatred toward something. If you want to teach your children to hate people of different races, religions, sexual orientations, etc. you will just have to do it at home and not rely on the schools to do it for you.

Librarian
10-06-2007, 2:49 PM
Here's the web page to watch, unless one of the news (http://news.yahoo.com/localnews/2486340/Sacramento+CA) sites is quicker to post things:
All Bills Acted On (http://gov.ca.gov/bills/#all)

No action yet.

kermit315
10-09-2007, 10:13 AM
man, this sucks. I get this gut wrenching feeling that he is going to let that sit at the bottom of the pile and 'oops, I didnt get to it in time' is gonna come out.

ETA: called again.

DrjonesUSA
10-09-2007, 5:46 PM
This Governor has never let a bill become law with out acting on it.

It is very rare and is mostly from actual accidents and not delibarelty sidestepping a decision

the governor just kicked out another 9 bills ( all veteran related) so subtract that fromt he above total....

Well, that's great to know. I too became very worried when I was reminded that he could just let it become law by not taking any action on it.
Thanks for the reassurance that probably won't happen.

Just a reminder guys: You can call the automated system at ANY time of the day or NIGHT - like right before you go to bed, when you get up in the AM, etc!!! I know there are many people who post here until late at night or early in the AM, so take a sec and dial the automated system to register your OPPOSITION to AB 1471 like I just did at 6:46PM.

SemiAutoSam
10-10-2007, 4:35 PM
Does this mean the Bill vanishes or it becomes law ?

BTW I did it 10 times yesterday and 15 times today.

I only stopped because my fingers got tired.

If I can talk my wife into it we will do it again tonight until we hit the hay.

Hows that for devotion.

The Governor has acted on OVER 100 bills today.

no calgunner stuff though... Sunday at Midnight is the drop dead date.

odesskiy
10-10-2007, 4:44 PM
I believe it becomes law :mad:

bwiese
10-10-2007, 7:45 PM
does this mean the Bill vanishes or it becomes law ?

We don't have a 'pocket veto' in CA.

If Gov does nothing (neither signs nor vetoes) it becomes law.

BTW I did it 10 times yesterday and 15 times today.

Ease off Sam, or you'll go blind ;)

kermit315
10-10-2007, 11:36 PM
Anybody know who Senator Wyland from the 38th district is? I just got an email from him in response to one I sent him in August over all this, and he was asking for my mailing address.

Weird?

Thank You for contacting me. I noticed you did not include your address.
As a courtesy to me, would you please e-mail your mailing address, so
that I may better serve you? Thank you again.

Mark Wyland
Senator, 38th District

SemiAutoSam
10-11-2007, 6:34 AM
You could always let him know that E-Mail is your preferred form of communication. If your not comfortable with giving out your USPS Mailing address.

That is what I would do at least. Not that he sells the addresses or anything, Maybe he is a older guy and more familiar with sending out mailings via snail mail.

Anybody know who Senator Wyland from the 38th district is? I just got an email from him in response to one I sent him in August over all this, and he was asking for my mailing address.

Weird?

slick_711
10-11-2007, 9:04 AM
He may just want to verify that you are one of his constituents.

Can'thavenuthingood
10-11-2007, 8:53 PM
I just called Gov's number and AB 1471 is still first on menu.

I keep thinking one of these times he's going to pick up the phone.

Maybe not.

Vick

chris
10-12-2007, 11:47 AM
i hope he veto's this one. if not it's not like we hammered them. i think they let it go last year only to pass it this year just to spite us and show us they are in charge. sickining. what arrogance these people have.

again i hope he veto's this bill. keep us updated Anthony.

chris
10-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Governor has signed about a half dozen more bills this morning solar power, power effiiciency etc...

looks like we wont need to hoard light off list light bulbs though...

the only thing even vaguely related is a bill about trapping that the governor vetoed (http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/07-08/bill/asm/ab_1451-1500/ab_1477_vt_20071010.html) and thats a stretch.

ok we need to see one that say he veto's 1471 and that will make everyones day here!

Charliegone
10-12-2007, 1:37 PM
I do not understand how he can be ignoring this...since I'm sure the phones have been ringing off the hook for this...

Liberty1
10-12-2007, 3:11 PM
I do not understand how he can be ignoring this...since I'm sure the phones have been ringing off the hook for this...

He wants to be a Senator right? So if he is going to veto it will be after business hours today (so little press is devoted to it and everyone is enjoying their weekend or some time latter this weekend for the same reasons). If he doesn't want to endorse it by signing it and doesn't want any issues because of a veto he will just let it become law for the obvious political reasons surrounding the upcoming Senate race.

dwtt
10-12-2007, 5:43 PM
I'm worried. When politicians do things on the weekends, it's often because they don't want it to make big news. If Ahrnold allows 1471 to pass by doing nothing, then we're in trouble.

Satex
10-12-2007, 5:58 PM
Keep on faxing and calling, the staff members keep on counting. So faxes and calls any time any day are good.

Kruzr
10-13-2007, 1:27 PM
Arnold SIGNED 1471 this morning!!!!!

Shane916
10-13-2007, 1:31 PM
ohh **** this state

http://bradycampaign.org/media/release.php?release=933

.22guy
10-13-2007, 1:33 PM
Thanks a lot Arnold. The slippery slope towards completely disarming us continues.

So does this mean there will be a mad rush on semi-auto pistols for the next 2 years?

SemiAutoSam
10-13-2007, 1:36 PM
Hell yes.

Now that Stainless steel Colt Officers ACP is looking very nice.

And Ill bet the price just went up as well.

Ramp up people another one of our rights was just snatched from our grasp.

Calling didn't do a damn bit of good just a waste of time.

Thanks a lot Arnold. The slippery slope towards completely disarming us continues.

So does this mean there will be a mad rush on semi-auto pistols for the next 2 years?

Charliegone
10-13-2007, 1:40 PM
Well if wants to be Senator now, he definitely won't get my vote. De facto gun ban coming your way!!...I guess that's what happens when you hire someone who used to work for someone else that banned unamed AW's...cough Kennedy cough...

bulgron
10-13-2007, 4:10 PM
Yep, as far as I'm concerned, Arnold just killed any political future he might have had in this state.