PDA

View Full Version : Teenager shot in my hometown

jarios
09-22-2007, 8:07 PM
A 17-year-old boy was hospitalized in critical condition after he was shot multiple times at a McDonald's restaurant in Oxnard Friday night.

The shooting occurred at 8:20 p.m. as the youth was sitting next to a window eating, according to David Keith, public information officer for the Oxnard Police Department. A small group of people approached the restaurant from outside and someone fired through the glass at close range, about two feet away, Keith said.

Hours after the shooting, Deshawn Johnson Sr. said the victim was his son Deshawn Johnson Jr. As he waited outside the restaurant to get more information, Johnson said his son had gone to the restaurant at 401 S. Ventura Road with his 5-year-old brother, who was not injured in the gunfire.

Johnson said his son was shot five times and was undergoing surgery at St. John's Regional Medical Center. He said the youth had transferred to Oxnard High School from Hueneme High School this year.

Keith said that the assailants ran away after the shooting and police have no description of the attackers. The type of gun used was not known.

Late Friday night, the restaurant was closed and the parking lot was taped off. Police were talking with several customers and employees who were present during the shooting.

This is the third shooting in Oxnard this month. On Sept. 12, a 10-year-old girl narrowly escaped serious injury when she was shot in the face during an apparent road rage incident near Camino del Sol and Kohala Street. The girl was treated and released for her injury,

Thursday evening, an 18-year-old man standing on the sidewalk on the 1100 block of South J Street was shot once in the back after an altercation with four people in a car. One of the people in the car got out and shot the man, Oxnard police said. The victim was in stable condition at St. John's Regional Medical Center on Friday.

Ventura County Star article (http://venturacountystar.com/news/2007/sep/22/teenager-shot-at-a-mcdonalds-in-oxnard/)

My dad's coworker was around the area and happened to see around 9 bullet holes in the glass and casings that looked to be .25 acp. Pretty scary considering I stop by to eat there sometimes when I visit home. I can't believe they had the nerve to do that with a five year old child sitting near the victim. I hope they are caught and serve a stiff sentence.

RideIcon
09-22-2007, 9:23 PM
im sure they will get caught, with that many shootings and that many survivors, they sure don't do things right at least.....

metalhead357
09-22-2007, 9:57 PM
Hope the kid pulls through...and Amen & thank God to BG's being relative bad shots..........

56Chevy
09-22-2007, 10:13 PM
I hope they are caught and serve a stiff sentence.
Somebody should superglue some guns to their hands right before the police come to get them. That would be more economical. :rolleyes: