PDA

View Full Version : Group buy on Storm Tac Data Books update and poll

Timberwolf
09-21-2007, 10:36 AM
Previously I posted a thread regarding the possibility of getting a group buy together on the rifle data books offered by Storm Tactical and even possibly getting a custom cover done. I have quite a few responses and as a result, I have had several email conversations with Mark @ Storm Tactical trying to put this together.

After several emails, here is what we have come up with: First of all the custom cover will be at no additional charge. The cover I proposed was a mil-dot reticle in the middle (like the cover that Storm Tactical already offers) with SoCal Prec Rifle Club above the mildot and “One shot, One hit below it with the term “Data Book” being on either side like their present cover.

As to the amounts - on the plain and 90lb books he can give a 10% discount on the regular price, maybe more, depending the amount of books we order. On the Rite in Rain books, he can offer a 5% discount on the regular price. Now remember this is with the custom cover. Personally, I prefer Rite in Rain for a data book due to the abuse it receives. In addition, if you choose Rite in Rain we will need to choose green or tan. The books will all need to be of the same type of paper and cover. If we go Rite in Rain I may be able to work out where you can get either tan or green.

At present, the following people have indicated their interest in this buy:

Name: No of Books
Cypriss32 3-5
Prc329 1
Fjold 1
Roo 2
ar15barrels 2
uclaplinker 1
PistolPete75 1
Japedo 1
Ravenslair 1
Elarski 1

Total 14 - 16

I am posting a poll needing to know what kind of paper you want and yes or no on the custom cover. When voting vote once the either of the four types of paper and either yes or no for the custom cover.

I am graphically challenged so I do not have a way of putting my idea re the cover on a picture form so I hope my description helps.

Prc329
09-21-2007, 10:48 AM
I want 2 90lb one.

Also, I got the one I ordered and it is a really nice book. I like it a lot, very well made. The CD is also a nice touch. You can print out the targets that match the data book.

Any idea about what size cover to use? You know the zip up kind that rite in rain carries?

Timberwolf
09-21-2007, 10:49 AM
I want 2 90lb one.

Also, I got the one I ordered and it is a really nice book. I like it a lot, very well made. The CD is also a nice touch. You can print out the targets that match the data book.

Any idea about what size cover to use? You know the zip up kind that rite in rain carries?

That works.

Did you vote on the Custom Cover?

Prc329
09-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Shoot, no i did not :) forgot you could choose more then one. Add 1 to the yes votes from me.

Japedo
09-21-2007, 10:57 AM
I'll probably buy at leaest 2. I'm not picky, I'm happy with what ever everyone decides. Now I'll have an excuse to get more rifles to go with the new books.

proraptor
09-21-2007, 2:43 PM
I also received my storm tactical log book and its awesome! very well made and the cd that comes with it is a nice touch.

Timberwolf
09-21-2007, 4:47 PM
Here's an idea what the cover will look like. I think we'll the first one is the best

Prc329
09-21-2007, 4:48 PM
I like the old english.

PistolPete75
09-21-2007, 4:49 PM
i like the old english script better.

Fjold
09-21-2007, 7:55 PM
i like the old english script better.

Me three!

and I voted.

Timberwolf
09-21-2007, 10:15 PM
OK guys this is getting even better. I have an even better price on the 90lb paper books if our order is in excess of 10 books. PM me for details re the price as the owner has asked me not to publically display it.

Also it appears that everyone so far wants the custom cover in old english/

Prc329
09-21-2007, 10:27 PM
O.K., put me down for 3. i'll be good for a while that way.

tango-52
09-21-2007, 10:29 PM
I'm in for five with custom covers, 90 pound paper and green, although a mix of green and tan would be ok too.