PDA

View Full Version : In need of a pro builder for ptr

Charliegone
09-20-2007, 12:22 PM
So I have this ptr-91 receiver and parts kit. Complete with US made parts and even a 24" heavy barrel from jld that I've been just itching to build. Anyone know of someone who can do a decent job on this? I have barrel to be pressed in trunion, thread barrel 15/3 (or whatever the regular hk threads are, I forget), add new front sight to barrel as well (align it), and weld the cocking tube and trunion to the receiver. There's no trigger pack needed to be done and probably also need a nice hk black park or duracoat job (BTW no demilling required all has been demilled). If anyone is up to it, preferably someone licensed and willing to do it, PM me please (looking for local)(with details and pricing if you can)! I would do it myself, but...ehh don't have much time and equipment to...not to mention I don't really want to mess up the 24" heavy barrel...had a hard enough time finding one...BTW I'm in Southern Occupied California.:D

-hanko
09-20-2007, 3:50 PM
So I have this ptr-91 receiver and parts kit. Complete with US made parts and even a 24" heavy barrel from jld that I've been just itching to build. Anyone know of someone who can do a decent job on this? I have barrel to be pressed in trunion, thread barrel 15/3 (or whatever the regular hk threads are, I forget), add new front sight to barrel as well (align it), and weld the cocking tube and trunion to the receiver. There's no trigger pack needed to be done and probably also need a nice hk black park or duracoat job (BTW no demilling required all has been demilled). If anyone is up to it, preferably someone licensed and willing to do it, PM me please (looking for local)(with details and pricing if you can)! I would do it myself, but...ehh don't have much time and equipment to...not to mention I don't really want to mess up the 24" heavy barrel...had a hard enough time finding one...BTW I'm in Southern Occupied California.:D
NOT local, but I can't think of a competent builder in socal. Try http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com take a look at finished work on the website & you'll see why I suggest ARS. I own a couple of guns built by ARS & I've handled and shot a few more. You will not be disappointed.

-hanko

4 Brigada
09-20-2007, 4:24 PM
Sorry to break into your thread, How do you make a PTR-91 or a cemte CA legal?

Thanks

I will delete the post, -hanko thank you for your unwelcome help and next time try being a little more condescending. People really enjoy when you treat them as dumbasses just in case you dont know what condescending means. Youll probably delete yours CKS

NSR500
09-20-2007, 10:48 PM
I do not know if any HK builder exists in California anymore. However, from your location in SoCal you can drive over to AZ and have your rifle built by Great builders. Arizona Response Systems (Mark Graham), or Arizona Precision Arms (Mark Galla) both build Great guns and are Excellent Individuals to deal with. There is a 3rd builder in Arizona but he does not get my vote because of his attitude towards Californians.
IMO... If you are Patient you can go with Mark Graham and I do not mean that as a negative. He does not rush, he just has a tremendous workload because of his FAL, AK, and HK builds. If you are Impatient, you can go with Mark Galla. He does Great work as well and takes his time, but his workload is still ramping up. He had things to take care of and had taken a break for a while. Hes making a return to the business now and I do not think the word that hes back is fully out there.
Choice is yours, but either way you will have a Great Gun. Good Luck!

rorschach
09-21-2007, 12:09 AM
+1 for Big 50 and ARS. Both top notch.

Jayson at IGF did some good work for me last year on my PTR, he gets pretty good reviews on HKpro for his builds.

Ralph at RDTS does excellent HK builds as well, but can take forever. They say his HK21 and MSG builds are some of the best outside the HK factory, expect a 2 year wait though.

Charliegone
09-21-2007, 5:20 PM
Thanks everyone for your info. I think I'll contact Mark Galla (Big 50) and see what he can do.

maurice05
09-21-2007, 7:39 PM
so i see what im going to have to do to get mines built i just got my PTR reciever and was also hopeing to cfind someone local