PDA

View Full Version : New from SD and potentially selling S&W 629

vplaza96
02-05-2013, 10:13 AM
New poster here from North County. I have a number of handguns but have found that I have not fired my S&W model 629 in a while.

Rather than continue to hold on to it, I am considering selling it. I wasn't sure about the best way to go about it, so I was hoping to get information from the folks here on how to go about selling it.

If you've sold a handgun in the area before and have some tips or suggestions on where to start, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

SDBlaster
02-05-2013, 10:16 AM
List said gun in private firearm sales section on calguns, find buyer for said gun, agree on price, meet at local ffl to get payment and do the private party transfer. Leave and consider what next gun purchase will be.

vplaza96
02-05-2013, 10:17 AM
List said gun in private firearm sales section on calguns, find buyer for said gun, agree on price, meet at local ffl to get payment and do the private party transfer. Leave and consider what next gun purchase will be.

Thanks for the quick response. I'll take it out of the safe tonight to take pics and post the ad later.

Are you familiar with any of the local dealers that could do the transfer in North County?

OldBlueMan
02-05-2013, 10:26 AM
Iron Sights in Oceanside, if you're near the coast. $35 covers PPT fee and DROS for the buyer.

vplaza96
02-05-2013, 10:29 AM
Iron Sights in Oceanside, if you're near the coast. $35 covers PPT fee and DROS for the buyer.

Awesome! Yes, I'm near the coast. I guess I need to get this thing posted.

Thanks for the help!