PDA

View Full Version : What is Nightforce's Warranty?

Flux Capacitor
09-19-2007, 8:00 PM
Couldn't find it on their website. Do they have a lifetime warranty like Leupold?

Technical Ted
09-19-2007, 8:04 PM
From the user's manual:
http://www.riflebarrels.com/products/user_manual.pdf
Your Nightforce Riflescope is unquestionably warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship. Exclusions to this warranty include/but are not limited to: abuse, mishandling or improper mounting. In the event of a defect in materials or workmanship we will repair or replace the instrument at our option, provided you return the scope postage pre-paid along with a description of the defect with your shipping address and phone number to the address below.

bwiese
09-23-2007, 12:35 PM
"As long as we stay in business."

Flux Capacitor
09-23-2007, 12:59 PM
"As long as we stay in business."

Thats too much to trust for me for that kind of cash

DJDace
09-23-2007, 1:08 PM
From the user's manual:
http://www.riflebarrels.com/products/user_manual.pdf

Sounds just like IOR's warranty.

rksimple
09-23-2007, 4:17 PM
Thats too much to trust for me for that kind of cash

Are you kidding? Nightforce isn't going out of business any time soon.

Flux Capacitor
09-23-2007, 8:00 PM
Are you kidding? Nightforce isn't going out of business any time soon.

No I am not. I feel much more comfortable with Leupold. I am skeptical since Enron

rksimple
09-23-2007, 8:37 PM
No I am not. I feel much more comfortable with Leupold. I am skeptical since Enron

Good luck. You will be a lot more likely to "try out" the warranty with loopy than Nightforce.

Thats like saying, "I'm a lot more comfortable with Ford, so I'm not going to buy a Porshe...because I'm skeptical."

Flux Capacitor
09-23-2007, 8:52 PM
If you have a Nightforce how do you like it? I don't think your analogy is correct. Certainly Leupold isn't the "Ford" of scopes. Nightforce is more of the handmade high performance sports car made by a old Italian man who could be on his deathbed anytime soon (IMO). But thats just me. I might bite in couple years, when I can afford to take that risk.

bwiese
09-23-2007, 8:58 PM
What the heck does the behavior of Enron, a publicly-traded company, have to do at all with small dime-a-dozen firms like Leupold or Nightforce that couldn't be NASDAQ listed even if they tried?

In the grand scale of things these are all 'boutique' companies - including major gun mfgrs.

Drive up & down 101 in Silly Valley and you'll see more new companies with higher valuations than the top-5 combined gun-related cos. in US.

Never rely on 'lifetime' warranties from any company that may have a short lifetime (no matter how much you like them).

Commonality of replacement parts and other similar devices to cannibalize from is probably more important than actual promise of warranty.

Flux Capacitor
09-23-2007, 9:01 PM
What the heck does the behavior of Enron, a publicly-traded company, have to do at all with small dime-a-dozen firms like Leupold or Nightforce that couldn't be NASDAQ listed even if they tried?

In the grand scale of things these are all 'boutique' companies - including major gun mfgrs.

Drive up & down 101 in Silly Valley and you'll see more new companies with higher valuations than the top-5 combined gun-related cos. in US.

I am saying big or small, public or private ....any business can go belly up. Maybe my analogies aren't very good as well. Bottom line is I feel more comfortable with Leupold's warranty than Nightforce's. Thats my opinion. Your entitled to yours.

Pthfndr
09-23-2007, 9:17 PM
If that's the way you feel then why the f*** did you even bother asking what their warranty is?

:rolleyes:

The VERY few people who have had a problem with their Nightforce scope have had 100% good experience with the customer service / warranty.

Flux Capacitor
09-23-2007, 9:23 PM
If that's the way you feel then why the f*** did you even bother asking what their warranty is?

:rolleyes:

The VERY few people who have had a problem with their Nightforce scope have had 100% good experience with the customer service / warranty.

Why are you being di$#s? I am just asking and stating my opinion. Thats what its for ...right?

And Pathfinder....I asked because I was curious, and my opinion was my conclusion even with their warranty. Happy? I want to stay on the subject and not start a flame war

rksimple
09-23-2007, 9:27 PM
If you have a Nightforce how do you like it? I don't think your analogy is correct. Certainly Leupold isn't the "Ford" of scopes. Nightforce is more of the handmade high performance sports car made by a old Italian man who could be on his deathbed anytime soon (IMO). But thats just me. I might bite in couple years, when I can afford to take that risk.

Compared to a NF, yes, loopy is the Ford. If you're used to low-end junk, then maybe loopy is top of the line.

I don't own a Nightforce, but have used them quite a bit. I'm more of a FFP guy. One of my buddies had one on a 7.82 warbird that blew apart a VXIII in maybe 50 rounds. The NF held up perfectly. He has since replaced the NF with an S&B, relegating the NF to a 300WM. He won't put the VXIII on anything that kicks harder than a 223 now.

If your relative inexperience and lack of knowledge in high end optics makes you trust loopy more, so be it. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but you should listen to the advice of the people that have BTDT. Would you balk at buying a USO or S&B because they may go out of business? NF has lots of scopes out there. They have a huge BR following, as well as 50 guys. Thats not to mention the tac guys that love 'em.

If you have the money, and don't mind SFP scopes, by all means buy the NF. Like Bill said, Enron has nothing to do with the overall equation. NF isn't that old custom Italian car maker. Do some more research, it will make you feel better buying the NF.

Given your responses, however, your money may be better spent on a middle of the road loopy and the rest of the money invested in ammo and training. After you're behind a rifle and glass for a bit and put a few K rounds downrange, you may change your mind.

Flux Capacitor
09-23-2007, 9:32 PM
Compared to a NF, yes, loopy is the Ford. If you're used to low-end junk, then maybe loopy is top of the line.

I don't own a Nightforce, but have used them quite a bit. I'm more of a FFP guy. One of my buddies had one on a 7.82 warbird that blew apart a VXIII in maybe 50 rounds. The NF held up perfectly. He has since replaced the NF with an S&B, relegating the NF to a 300WM. He won't put the VXIII on anything that kicks harder than a 223 now.

If your relative inexperience and lack of knowledge in high end optics makes you trust loopy more, so be it. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but you should listen to the advice of the people that have BTDT. Would you balk at buying a USO or S&B because they may go out of business? NF has lots of scopes out there. They have a huge BR following, as well as 50 guys. Thats not to mention the tac guys that love 'em.

If you have the money, and don't mind SFP scopes, by all means buy the NF. Like Bill said, Enron has nothing to do with the overall equation. NF isn't that old custom Italian car maker. Do some more research, it will make you feel better buying the NF.

Given your responses, however, your money may be better spent on a middle of the road loopy and the rest of the money invested in ammo and training. After you're behind a rifle and glass for a bit and put a few K rounds downrange, you may change your mind.

Now thats a better on topic response. Thanks. I am quite new to optics and wanted some input, but I still think there are many lower end scopes than Leupold (I know..I've bought them). Although I don't agree with everything you've said, I do understand your point.

Which optics would you suggest? They offer about 8 different reticles.

rksimple
09-23-2007, 9:46 PM
Now thats a better on topic response. Thanks. I am quite new to optics and wanted some input. Although I don't agree with everything you've said, I do understand your point.

Which optics would you suggest? They offer about 3-4 different reticles.

Thats another thread in and of itself.:D What kind of shooting do you envision? What distance, under what conditions?

You need to figure out if you want an MOA or mil based reticle. Given your lack of experience in optics, and I would assume long range shooting, getting something cheaper to cut your teeth on might be best. I used a bushnell 3200 10x for a while before getting my IOR. After many thousands of rounds fired at distances out to 1000 yards, and many tac matches later, I knew what I wanted in a scope. What I want or recommend may not be what fits you best. I like FFP all metric scopes now...I didn't know that would be the best for me when I started.

If you're set on a NF, or other high end optic, I'd go for a mil reticle, like the MLR, with mil adjustments. You want the turrets and reticle to match, which ever way you go.

Anyway, a little more info on what you want out of the scope/gun would help in recommending an optic.

mike452
09-23-2007, 9:51 PM
Nightforce scopes are great! You can't compare this to Enron. You will get a great product, not hype.
If you are worry about risk, then stay with Leupold. When you get to the high end Leupolds, then you should look at Nightforce. You will likely switch over.

"As long as we stay in business” warranty is the best you can get in life. Anything more will be Enron.

Flux Capacitor
09-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Thats another thread in and of itself.:D What kind of shooting do you envision? What distance, under what conditions?

You need to figure out if you want an MOA or mil based reticle. Given your lack of experience in optics, and I would assume long range shooting, getting something cheaper to cut your teeth on might be best. I used a bushnell 3200 10x for a while before getting my IOR. After many thousands of rounds fired at distances out to 1000 yards, and many tac matches later, I knew what I wanted in a scope. What I want or recommend may not be what fits you best. I like FFP all metric scopes now...I didn't know that would be the best for me when I started.

If you're set on a NF, or other high end optic, I'd go for a mil reticle, like the MLR, with mil adjustments. You want the turrets and reticle to match, which ever way you go.

Anyway, a little more info on what you want out of the scope/gun would help in recommending an optic.

Well, I plan on shooting a DTC for fun. No competition. I'd like to shoot maybe 600-1000 yards. I was thinking about the Nightforce 5.5-22x50 with NP-2 reticle.

rksimple
09-23-2007, 10:03 PM
Well, I plan on shooting a DTC for fun. No competition. I'd like to shoot maybe 600-1000 yards. I was thinking about the Nightforce 5.5-22x50 with NP-2 reticle.

Good choice, given the criteria. It will stand up to the recoil quite well.

Flux Capacitor
09-23-2007, 10:16 PM
Thanks Rk. I'll get in on the Longrangesupply deal after my billing cycle ends. lol