PDA

View Full Version : SD BLM land cleanup 2/16/13

musick
02-04-2013, 5:28 PM
It will be on the 16th. Since I am unable to confirm a spot for certain (I dont want to waste anyones time) so we may move this to somewhere near Dulzura. A member has said they know of many spots that need to be cleaned.

If you're in, post in this thread. I would like to meet between 9 and 11 am. Post if you have a truck (pending on exact details, 4x4 might not be necessary). Might be a good idea to get at least 2 people per truck so fuels costs can be split between the occupants.

1. musick
2. AdamSD
3. diverwcw
4. eightmd
5. ImYourSalt +1
6. Jay D
7. BenHa
8. askrobert

AdamSD
02-04-2013, 6:16 PM
It will be on the 16th. Since I am unable to confirm a spot for certain (I dont want to waste anyones time) so we may move this to somewhere near Delzura. A member has said they know of many spots that need to be cleaned.

If youre in, post in this thread. I dont care about times, but would like to shoot between meeting between 9 and 11 am. Post if you have a truck (pending on exact details, 4x4 might not be necessary). Might be a good idea to get at least 2 people per truck so fuels costs can be split between the occupants.

I will be there. I have a rake, shovel, and some 5 gallon buckets.

diverwcw
02-04-2013, 6:19 PM
The 16th works for me.

mq9reaper
02-05-2013, 7:08 AM
I can make the 16th, please sign me up. I have a Chevy Tahoe, I can take out the seats to make more room.

eightmd
02-05-2013, 3:37 PM
I can make it on the 16th. If we can get to this place in a truck without 4WD, I am in with one other person. Please let me know.

musick
02-05-2013, 9:56 PM
THE 16th IS ON!!

candrews0480 has contacted me and says he knows of a location(s?) near South Bay Rod and Gun. If this works out, great. If not we will go to my location, about 40 minutes from Downtown. I cannot guarantee it will be a dirty location but hoss_hk has implied that likely it will be dirty. Either way we can meet one another and work on putting a name and a face to our screen names.

I will likely have calguns shirts for sale ($20 - all proceeds go back to calguns) plus some stickers and paraphernalia to give away for free if anyone is interested. If you want a shirt, let me know your size and I will see what I can procure.

AdamSD
02-05-2013, 10:56 PM
Looking for a ride.

Adam

eightmd
02-06-2013, 2:55 PM
I am also in, but I need to hear what the terrain is. I might be able to get a truck but it won't have 4WD, so we we need 4WD to get there I will probably have to park and bum a ride from someone. That's OK I can still make it that way.

I don't see the list on the first post being updated. Will it be? Is the op going to PM us with the directions to the place? If we need to meet up to ride in we will need to figure that out also.

ImYourSalt
02-06-2013, 4:42 PM
That sounds fun. I am down. I drive a 2WD pickup, and may bring a friend. I am coming from Clairemont.

I can bring trash bags, and haul them back out.

I don't have a lot of ammo though. Anybody know where I can pick up some 5.56? or 22LR? Or have extra they can sell me?

musick
02-06-2013, 5:47 PM
Quick update.

Hopefully this can become a regular thing. Also i need to know what kind of terrain we will be facing.

As soon as i find out which vehicle is appropriate, i'll set up a pickup schedule for any tag alongs.

Adam

According to gmaps, the terrain looks manageable for a standard pickup. 4wd should not be needed.

Jay D
02-06-2013, 6:29 PM
I'm in for the 16th. Me and a friend. I have my 2wd grocery-getter jeep. If we're going out near South Bay Rod & Gun 2wd is all you need. I was out there a couple weeks ago and we had a great cleanup. I'm ready for more!

Glad we're doing this. Hope we can make it a regular thing. Thanks for putting it together!

musick
02-06-2013, 6:31 PM
I am also in, but I need to hear what the terrain is. I might be able to get a truck but it won't have 4WD, so we we need 4WD to get there I will probably have to park and bum a ride from someone. That's OK I can still make it that way.

I don't see the list on the first post being updated. Will it be? Is the op going to PM us with the directions to the place? If we need to meet up to ride in we will need to figure that out also.

I cant figure out how to attach a file in PMs. PM an email addy I can reach you at and will send you a general image of the area.

musick
02-06-2013, 6:35 PM
I'm in for the 16th. Me and a friend. I have my 2wd grocery-getter jeep. If we're going out near South Bay Rod & Gun 2wd is all you need. I was out there a couple weeks ago and we had a great cleanup. I'm ready for more!

Glad we're doing this. Hope we can make it a regular thing. Thanks for putting it together!

Its more North than SBRG, but in the general area. I hope to make a cleanup happen every other month at least. It depends a lot on how this one goes.

Hope to see you out there!

musick
02-06-2013, 6:36 PM

The first and last post has a link to this thread since I could not alter the title.

AdamSD
02-06-2013, 10:31 PM
edit: rode with another member. Thanks guys.

BenHa
02-06-2013, 10:37 PM
I can make it on the 16th :]. I can probably drive people in my rav4 if 4wd isn't required.

candrews0480
02-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Please count me in. The location by SBRG does not require 4x4 but a truck or SUV is recommended. I drive a Dodge Journey (crappy SUV/crossover) and it can make the trip but barley. Parking in both locations is limited so carpooling would be a good idea. I have sent the locations I know of to Musick. I would be willing to pick up one or two people along the way from Escondido as long as it's not too far off the 15 frwy and your willing to chip in on fuel cost.

eightmd
02-07-2013, 2:26 PM
I cant figure out how to attach a file in PMs. PM an email addy I can reach you at and will send you a general image of the area.

OK please PM me directions. Should we try and meet up at some easy to find place?

eightmd
02-07-2013, 2:27 PM
OK please PM me directions. Should we try and meet up at some easy to find place?
OK I just got it. I'll PM you my email.

musick
02-07-2013, 4:47 PM
Quick update everyone - the access rd entry might be locked. That means we might have to park on the side of the rd, hike ourselves (and our gear) a few hundred yrds to the site. With this in mind - PACK LIGHT!

Additionally, sd_fire is working on finding a spot that might be another 15-20 min. drive but we could drive right to the clean up spot. He will be getting back to me early next week.

I will post updates when I get 'em and will put together a list of essential gear to bring.

EDIT: I have 3 locations passed on to me (Thanks candrews0480) but it is a bit further South. Good news is the areas are in desperate need of a clean up. Its going to happen either way.

musick
02-08-2013, 6:07 PM
The 3 locations passed on to me is 35 minutes from the 125/94 freeways and we can drive directly to the site.

Sound good?

sdfire
02-08-2013, 11:28 PM
Can you send me the three locations? I will be scouting on Monday.

askrobert
02-09-2013, 3:02 PM
I would like to help on the 16th I'm in Spring valley have a f150. also bring my son along he needs some exercise. send me a pm where to meet I have shovels rakes .

musick
02-09-2013, 4:35 PM
... send me a pm where to meet I have shovels rakes .

Thanks for your help. Details will follow early next week.

randver
02-10-2013, 3:44 PM
Im in and drive a 4x4 suv

rmatt
02-10-2013, 5:00 PM
i have a 4wd tacoma, shovel and rake. i will be bringing a friend along to help as well. please keep me up to date. i want to help.

sdnative13
02-11-2013, 1:35 PM
Count me in. I will be more than will to take home any brass that no one wants.

sdfire
02-11-2013, 4:51 PM
we just had another great cleanup/ shoot today. Look here for more info and pics
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=10501436#post10501436

Good luck on your cleanup this weekend!

rmatt
02-11-2013, 5:25 PM
size small or medium tshirt i will buy for the cause. still waiting for the final word on where to be when on saturday the 16th.

diverwcw
02-11-2013, 5:30 PM
Still lookin forward to it

musick
02-11-2013, 5:48 PM
we just had another great cleanup/ shoot today. Look here for more info and pics
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=10501436#post10501436

Good luck on your cleanup this weekend!

Thanks!

musick
02-11-2013, 5:55 PM
Roll call confirmation!

Who is still able to make it? I think we should meet at the Target parking lot on 5500 Grossmont Center Drive #1. We arrive at 0900 and leave at 0915. Exact spot will be determined soon. We will be heading South from there - I dont want anyone to have to backtrack, so if you are South of the mall, let me know and we can meet up somewhere along the way. The 'Spot' is about 35 min. from Target.

If you have room in your vehicle for another set of helping hands, let it be known. I think it would be really cool and fair that if you do carpool with someone with an open seat, you chip in for gas. I know I am willing to do so.

1. musick
2. rmatt (possible room for 2 from Target)
3. randver (possible room for 2 el cajon residents)
3. candrews0480 (possible room for 1 san marcos, escondido, vista resident)
4. askrobert (possible room for 3+ from Target meet spot)
5. diverwcw
6. AdamSD (looking for a possible ride from Target or South Bay Rod and Gun)
7. mq9reaper
8. eightmd

sdnative13
02-11-2013, 6:12 PM
I'm in for sure. I live in Chula Vista so if you are planning on going east by the sbrg somewhere I think it would be better if I meet you somewhere east instead of driving north just to turn around and go back south. I have a civic and will take it as far as the road goes however depending on where I might need to just in the back of someone's truck at some point. Keep me informed. Please

musick
02-11-2013, 6:18 PM
I'm in for sure. I live in Chula Vista so if you are planning on going east by the sbrg somewhere I think it would be better if I meet you somewhere east instead of driving north just to turn around and go back south. I have a civic and will take it as far as the road goes however depending on where I might need to just in the back of someone's truck at some point. Keep me informed. Please

Thanks for the response. Again, I dont want anyone backtracking so we will work something out for everyone South of Target.

I look forward to meeting you....and everyone else.

FYI - a 2WD truck will be adequate for this location. sdnative13 might need a lift from the rd. to the site. Speak up if you have room.

diverwcw
02-11-2013, 6:26 PM
I'm in! Fantastic idea! Thanks Musick for setting it up!

randver
02-11-2013, 6:30 PM
im in. if we are shooting too i can take 2 people with me. if we are not shooting i can take 3 with me. i have a 4x4 4runner with a roof rack. will bring a pop-up for shade.

candrews0480
02-11-2013, 6:34 PM
Count me in for sure. I'll be coming down from Escondido. Anyone in north county (san marcos, escondido, vista) that wants a ride PM me. I could also pick someone up if they are off the 15 between the 52 and 78. If you can't chip in for gas I will more than happily except 9mm ammo for gas :)

musick
02-11-2013, 6:39 PM
im in. if we are shooting too i can take 2 people with me. if we are not shooting i can take 3 with me. i have a 4x4 4runner with a roof rack. will bring a pop-up for shade.

Just to be clear, I have planned this as a clean/shoot/clean event. No one is obligated to stay for the shoot/clean portion.

Bonus points for offering shade. Prelim. weather indicates low 70's for the area.

musick
02-11-2013, 6:49 PM
Some recs. for those who are participating. Not mandatory - just want all to be comfortable:

Recommended Bare Minimum For Clean:
Water (if needed, I can bring 4 or 5 gal.)
Hat (wide brim to protect neck and face is a plus)
Sunscreen
Gloves (economy grade welders gloves are cheap and offer good protection. Ill have some latex gloves to give away but they only realistically offer protection from dirt)
Garbage bags/cardboard boxes/5 gal. plastic buckets (bags wont hold much weight - plan accordingly)
Shovels/Rakes (not everyone needs these, but too many is better than not enough)

Optional:
Snacks (if wanted...nothing that requires cooking)

Plan To Shoot:
Eyes and Ears
Safety mindset

sdnative13
02-11-2013, 7:47 PM
I'm sorry guys I cannot do the 16th. I feel like a complete idiot. For some reason I thought the 16th was Friday not Saturday. My kids have games on Saturday which is why I cannot go. I will however be out on Friday picking up brass and cleaning up at least one area I know of. Man I'm bummed. Once again sorry for having a brain fart. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

AdamSD
02-11-2013, 8:10 PM
Just got your Pm Musick. I am 100% dedicated to being there. I will pick you up.

edit: you got a ride, no worries! Good to meet you!

rmatt
02-11-2013, 8:40 PM
I am in with a guest. I can meet at that target mentioned at 9am saturday. i will have room for two more if they want to hitch a ride from there.

i will bring one shovel, one rake, plastic bags and my own personal stuff like water and such.

rmatt
02-11-2013, 8:41 PM
I am in with a guest. I can meet at that target mentioned at 9am saturday. i will have room for two more if they want to hitch a ride from there. white, four door tacoma, 4wd.

i will bring one shovel, one rake, plastic bags and my own personal stuff like water and such.

mq9reaper
02-12-2013, 7:28 AM
Roll call confirmation!

Who is still able to make it? I think we should meet at the Target parking lot on 5500 Grossmont Center Drive #1. We arrive at 0900 and leave at 0915. Exact spot will be determined soon. We will be heading South from there - I dont want anyone to have to backtrack, so if you are South of the mall, let me know and we can meet up somewhere along the way. The 'Spot' is about 35 min. from Target.

If you have room in your vehicle for another set of helping hands, let it be known. I think it would be really cool and fair that if you do carpool with someone with an open seat, you chip in for gas. I know I am willing to do so.

1. musick
2. sdnative13
3. randver (possible room for 2 el cajon residents)
3. candrews0480 (possible room for 1 san marcos, escondido, vista resident)

I'm still in for Sat. I can bring a canopy for shade if needed. So far I have some trash bags, a rake and trying to get my hands on some trash pickers. Will also bring my camera to document our clean up. Looking forward to this.

eightmd
02-12-2013, 3:08 PM
I'm still up for Sat. This is in La Mesa where we are meeting, right? How are we going to recognize the crowd?

askrobert
02-12-2013, 4:50 PM
I'm still in I was going to bring 1 person not sure if he will make it. But I have a f150 so room for 5 if persons in back dont mind limited leg room. also have shovel/rake/trash bags. I'm only a couple minutes away from target off 94 and 125. be there at 9am

musick
02-12-2013, 5:59 PM
I'm still up for Sat. This is in La Mesa where we are meeting, right? How are we going to recognize the crowd?

Yes, La Mesa is the spot. 5500 Grossmont Center Drive #1.

I still need to take a look on Google Earth to find the exact area in the parking lot we will all meet, but it will be by the outskirts away from the mall itself and near an entrance to the lots.

Ill keep updating this thread when I have more details.

Not sure of a way to recognize everyone, but I will have on a straw hat and be arriving in a gold suburban.

musick
02-12-2013, 6:01 PM
Glad to see so many enthusiastic individuals! I look forward to meeting you all!

musick
02-12-2013, 6:09 PM
I'm sorry guys I cannot do the 16th. I feel like a complete idiot. For some reason I thought the 16th was Friday not Saturday. My kids have games on Saturday which is why I cannot go. I will however be out on Friday picking up brass and cleaning up at least one area I know of. Man I'm bummed. Once again sorry for having a brain fart. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

No worries man, no one is obligated. Future events WILL follow - this is a guarantee! Keep an eye out on the SD section.

musick
02-12-2013, 6:18 PM
Looking to carpool from Target or specific areas?

Look on post #32 on page 1 and PM those I have listed that have space available.

AdamSD
02-12-2013, 7:15 PM
Looking to carpool from Target or specific areas?

Look on post #32 on page 1 and PM those I have listed that have space available.

Did this. Asking Rmatt and Askrobert. Awaiting replies. Feel free to contact me by phone or text asap so that I can cancel with the person who doesn't get back to me before the other.

Either way, I'll wing it and jump in the back of a bed of something. I pay in cash and 9mm bullets.

Hope to hear from someone soon!

musick
02-12-2013, 8:24 PM
Did this. Asking Rmatt and Askrobert. Awaiting replies.

Awesome! I hope we can all make it!

AdamSD
02-12-2013, 8:40 PM
Will be riding with another member from target. He may be leaving early (brief shooting), so once we get out there and someone wishes to stay longer and has room for me on a return run to target, i'd be glad to ride back with them. If not, I'll do a round trip with him.

Things will run smoothly once we all get there and can chat and organize in real time. I in no way want to inconvenience anyone in anyway. So I will do what works the best for the truck drivers.

I'll pay in cash or ammo. Prefer cash.

Thanks for all the quick responses and ride offers. You guys rock.

Thanks again guys!

mq9reaper
02-13-2013, 7:09 AM
Not sure of a way to recognize everyone, but I will have on a straw hat and be arriving in a gold suburban.

I'll be wearing my Calguns shirt.

Mickeytnova
02-13-2013, 7:27 AM
Hi, i'm new to the forum and I would like to help out and meet some fellow gun enthusiasts.

A friend, some shovels, rakes, trash bags and buckets are coming with me in a capable Toyota 4x4.

Count us in @ 0900.

Miguel.

sdnative13
02-13-2013, 2:18 PM
Just fyi for everyone I reload, trade, barter used brass and although I am not asking anyone to pick it up for me if you finds spots with brass on the ground and no one else has use for it would be much appreciated if that info was passed onto me. Brass caliber does not matter. Thank you in advance and truly wish that the 16th was a Friday not Saturday so I could join you guys.

ImYourSalt
02-13-2013, 4:59 PM
this is gonna be fun. I've got gloves, etc for myself... Bunt don't really have any rakes or anything like that.

Probably just gonna shoot some 12ga, and .22.... .223 is too expensive these days. Here's my question:

Are there any rules as to what kind of targets we can shoot (Steel, Paper, Clay Pigeons, etc..) ?

thanks~!

candrews0480
02-13-2013, 5:37 PM
Most targets are ok on BLM land... with that in mind just remember what ever you shoot you have to clean up. Paper and steel are usually not an issue but clays are too messy to clean up. The rangers in the area ask we don't shoot clays out there because it's to painstaking to clean and most people just leave them. Even the "bio-degradable" clays take years and years to break down so you are left with bright orange pieces all over that don't go any until it's picked up.

Jay D
02-13-2013, 6:08 PM
I'm in for Saturday the 16th. Me and a friend. I have a small suv. We live in Chula Vista so can we meet somewhere closer to the cleanup spot? Thanks!

musick
02-13-2013, 6:35 PM
Most targets are ok on BLM land... with that in mind just remember what ever you shoot you have to clean up. Paper and steel are usually not an issue but clays are too messy to clean up. The rangers in the area ask we don't shoot clays out there because it's to painstaking to clean and most people just leave them. Even the "bio-degradable" clays take years and years to break down so you are left with bright orange pieces all over that don't go any until it's picked up.

This sums it up well. I hope its obvious, but no electronic waste, appliances or anything flammable and/or explosive. It may not be specifically forbidden, but it is simply irresponsible IMO.

To emphasize, what ever you shoot, pack it out.

BadKitty
02-13-2013, 7:36 PM
I hope its obvious, but no electronic waste, appliances or anything flammable and/or explosive. It may not be specifically forbidden, but it is simply irresponsible IMO.

+1

Yes.....please no tannerite!!!

BK

musick
02-13-2013, 7:44 PM
NO tannerite!!!

BK

Thanks BK. Hope you dont mind my revision. :D

musick
02-13-2013, 8:10 PM
Thanks to all for your interest/commitment to the event. We will be rolling out to the location with more than 12 individuals and as a first time organizer, that is the max. I feel comfortable guiding. Pre/post cleanup pics will follow and stay tuned for another event in March.

BadKitty
02-13-2013, 8:22 PM
Thanks BK. Hope you dont mind my revision. :D

LOL!! No problem. I don't need a wildfire, thanks.

:p

BK

randver
02-14-2013, 8:10 AM
Does that mean I cant bring a MN M44 do to the fireball it makes? Lol

AdamSD
02-14-2013, 12:53 PM

Lol, i had to look this up. What fun!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrgtm8x2yuI

candrews0480
02-14-2013, 4:35 PM
Looking for a little help here! Does anyone that is coming to the clean up have 100 or 200 rounds of .22lr they would be willing to sell me the day of the clean up? I am bringing my 8 year old son out to shoot for the first time and have NO ammo. I have looked every place in a 15 mile radius of my house and can't find ANY! If there anyone can help me out please PM me and let me know. I will have cash in hand just let me know what you want for it. He is really excited to come out shooting with his Dad for the first time and I really don't want to disappoint him.

Thanks in advance if anyone is able or willing to help!!!

sdfire
02-14-2013, 5:40 PM
I have some 22 ammo, but I won't be going to this clean up.

BenHa
02-14-2013, 6:01 PM
Coming but not sure how late I can stay.

NoNOS67
02-14-2013, 6:11 PM
Thanks to all for your interest/commitment to the event. We will be rolling out to the location with more than 12 individuals and as a first time organizer, that is the max. I feel comfortable guiding. Pre/post cleanup pics will follow and stay tuned for another event in March.

More than twelve, or up to twelve? Still not 100% on plans for the weekend. How many people do you have confirmed?

musick
02-14-2013, 6:27 PM
More than twelve, or up to twelve? Still not 100% on plans for the weekend. How many people do you have confirmed?

Everyone. All the rides will have multiple individuals.

musick
02-14-2013, 6:42 PM
Looking for a little help here! Does anyone that is coming to the clean up have 100 or 200 rounds of .22lr they would be willing to sell me the day of the clean up? I am bringing my 8 year old son out to shoot for the first time and have NO ammo. I have looked every place in a 15 mile radius of my house and can't find ANY! If there anyone can help me out please PM me and let me know. I will have cash in hand just let me know what you want for it. He is really excited to come out shooting with his Dad for the first time and I really don't want to disappoint him.

Thats something Im looking to promote with my cleans - diversity. Men and women, old and young, fathers and sons...

I cant offer the # of rds. you are looking for, but will bring enough to fill up a mag or 2. No charge. I can also bring my Beeman R1 and plenty of pellets if you want to start with that since I will be cutting out early. May not be the real thing, but it is an awesome piece.

Let me know.

musick
02-14-2013, 7:27 PM

Nagants are GTG....but only if you let me fire off a rd. or two :D

Looking to pick up my first after the hysteria subsides.

ImYourSalt
02-14-2013, 7:35 PM
Most targets are ok on BLM land... with that in mind just remember what ever you shoot you have to clean up. Paper and steel are usually not an issue but clays are too messy to clean up. The rangers in the area ask we don't shoot clays out there....

Thanks so much. That's pretty much what I was thinking. Better to stay on the Ranger's good side anyway.

Looking for a little help here! Does anyone that is coming to the clean up have 100 or 200 rounds of .22lr they would be willing to sell me the day of the clean up? ...

I can spare 100 or so. PM me your name so I know who to ask for ;)

NoNOS67
02-14-2013, 7:41 PM
I can spare 100 or so. PM me your name so I know who to ask for ;)

Should be easy enough to spot. He'll be the one with the REALLY excited 8 year old. :D

candrews0480
02-14-2013, 9:21 PM
yes my boy will be very excited. He has been asking to go with me for a while now.

ImYourSalt
02-14-2013, 9:26 PM
sounds good. this'll be fun ;)

gun505
02-14-2013, 9:37 PM
I am in !!! Can bring some 22lr as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

AdamSD
02-15-2013, 12:14 AM

This is really awesome. Wish i had some 22lr. by the wheelbarrow full to support. All i have is 9, 5.56, and 7.62. Really excited to have the yougsters join us. Really special. Someone get this guy some rounds!

BenHa
02-15-2013, 12:57 AM
This is really awesome. Wish i had some 22lr. by the wheelbarrow full to support. All i have is 9, 5.56, and 7.62. Really excited to have the yougsters join us. Really special. Someone get this guy some rounds!

Sadly all I have is 40 and 556 :(

randver
02-15-2013, 5:33 AM
Guess I should bring my 7 y/o daugher and her little 22. Rifle. She was mad at me since I was going to shoot with out her. And im sure she will share some ammo

candrews0480
02-15-2013, 7:38 AM
Thank you everyone that offered to help!!! I was able to get some .22 ammo this morning. I got to Walmart at 7am and waited until 8am when they started selling ammo. See everyone tomorrow!

ShotShell-207
02-15-2013, 10:19 AM
Sign me up! Don't have a truck or tools but will bring what I can find in my garage and provide labor. PM me the details. Thanks.

diverwcw
02-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Sorry guys, I have to beg off. Been fighting a stomach ailment and I thought it would be OK, but I'm still under the weather. I hope to make the next one. Many thanks to Musick for organizing this!

musick
02-15-2013, 11:11 AM
Sorry guys, I have to beg off. Been fighting a stomach ailment and I thought it would be OK, but I'm still under the weather. I hope to make the next one. Many thanks to Musick for organizing this!

diver was my ride so I am in a bit of a tight spot.

Is there any room left in any of the vehicles departing from the meeting spot?

candrews0480
02-15-2013, 11:38 AM
You Can ride with me from the meet up lactation but I will have to leave the clean up area at 3pm. Let me know if that works for you.

musick
02-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Works fine for me. Thanks a lot!

MB3
02-15-2013, 2:09 PM
Im really trying to make this. If I can wrap up my truck repairs by end of day, Im there.

SoCal326
02-15-2013, 2:23 PM

Looks like you guys have a full house. I'll keep an eye out for the next one. I'm curious, what do you plan on doing with the trash you collect? Will folks simply take it home and toss it in the garbage on trash day?

MB3
02-15-2013, 2:28 PM
P.S. Bring a secure anchoring method for all targets... High wind warning till tomorrow afternoon

AdamSD
02-15-2013, 3:11 PM
P.S. Bring a secure anchoring method for all targets... High wind warning till tomorrow afternoon

Running to dgm for some targets and anchors. I'll pick up some extras.

BenHa
02-15-2013, 3:12 PM
Uh I have sight and see target I can bring :]. Don't feel like driving to my friends place ot grab my ar500 plates xD

ImYourSalt
02-15-2013, 3:37 PM
I bought one of these today from Big five for about $25 OTD.

http://www.nativeoutdoors.com/images/DoAllOutdoors/dobouncetarget.jpg

seems like fun.

musick
02-15-2013, 4:32 PM
I'll keep an eye out for the next one.
I have to fly to St Louis for work, but next one should be March. Still prelim right now.

I'm curious, what do you plan on doing with the trash you collect? Will folks simply take it home and toss it in the garbage on trash day?
Trash goes in trash cans - on the way home, at home or at work. Metals/glass goes in the recycling bins. If people want to sort/keep the brass, more power to 'em.

musick
02-15-2013, 4:34 PM
Ok...im offline until the event. See you all tomorrow.

MB3
02-15-2013, 6:45 PM
Its a go... C yall en la manana...

BenHa
02-16-2013, 1:50 AM
2:50am I should sleep soon :eek:

Jay D
02-16-2013, 9:40 AM
So, nobody met up? I live in Chula Vista so I went ahead to the blm spot where I thought people were headed. Nobody's here. I guess my friend and I will just do our own cleanup and head home.

Jay D
02-16-2013, 10:00 AM
I saw some calgunners out here and apparently the big group broke apart to go clean up & shoot in separate areas. We're all doing our own mini-cleanups.

Jay D
02-16-2013, 12:25 PM
Had a good clean/shoot/clean session today. Officer Funk paid us a visit and thanked us for doing our part. He drew me a map of a couple other places that need cleaning next. He left me his business card so we can let him know when/where we're going.

Real nice guy and a definite supporter of our efforts. He mentioned he's noticed that the areas are cleaner. Let's keep at it!

BenHa
02-16-2013, 1:11 PM
:mad: I left my phone on silent last night and over slept UGH!!!

AdamSD
02-16-2013, 2:15 PM
With the exception of a certain member's behavior, the meet and shoot was great. A lot of the areas that were in need of cleaning were currently being used by others, so we scouted ahead for other opportunities. A few members (not sure about the bulk) went on their own "mini" groups to cleanup a certain area and shoot. We, the truck I was in, were able to cleanup a good bit of the left over shotgun rounds and packings, plastic trash, and large pieces of skeet, as well as our own brass of course.

My ride and his buddy were really great people who I wish to have an opportunity to meet-up with again. I had a really great time.

Thanks Musick for organizing this. After a few rounds squeezed off and a couple bags full of trash, it was a wonderful experience.

Thanks again to all who came!

sdfire
02-16-2013, 2:51 PM
I'm glad to hear the clean up went well. Some people need to realize the logistics of getting a large group organized to meet and head to an unknown location can be taxing. Also phones tend to be picky out there so checking messages and email can be difficult. Musick and I are volunteering our time and best effort to keep our spots clean for all of us.

Thanks to everybody that has taken the time to help us out.

NoNOS67
02-16-2013, 3:40 PM
Ok guys, I'm missing exactly ONE piece of .40 brass. Which one of you took it? Hmmm? :p

Great day of shooting and even though we broke up into smaller groups, I think we got a lot accomplished. The group I was with managed to remove a full trash can of debris and the remains of an old (and very large) television. Kudos to the others who have done cleanups out there recently...I don't think I've ever seen that area so clean! Great meeting you all!!

musick
02-16-2013, 4:24 PM
Thanks to all who came out and participated today. With only the one issue aside, all things went pretty well.

In the future, with my events, I would like to ask that no one posts contact info on the open forum - PM's only. Also anyone interested in the clean should contact the me directly for meet spot info.

With that out of the way, myself, candrews0480 and son and randver and daughter did our mini clean. Our area was clean when we arrived and we left it the same way. All 5 participants were outstanding, safe individuals that I look forward to seeing at events in the future. I had a great time and enjoed the Mosins tremendously.

Sorry we all got split up but maybe that was for the best as we were able to do multiple mini cleans. Bear with me all - this was my first event and hope to do better in the future.

musick
02-16-2013, 4:26 PM
One more thing - white pickup guy (sorry forgot your name) you have a rake of mine and a large metal mesh strainer. Please PM me so we can arrange a transfer of the items.

Thanks again all!

askrobert
02-16-2013, 4:49 PM
Musick, Thanks you did a great job of orginizing this event. Thanks again. I think it's really great that places were already clean. Gives me hope that most people are being responsible. Thanks Again great clean up

ImYourSalt
02-16-2013, 5:06 PM
Musick - You should have a PM from me already. Thanks again for your efforts.

I had a good time and am looking forward to our next get together.

musick
02-16-2013, 7:34 PM
A quick pic:

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv169/mytravelpage/IMG_2695_zps77928015.jpg

We even had a makeshift firing line in the foreground (thanks randver). Targets stands courtesy of candrews0480.

There was quite a bit of interest in this event and for those that missed it, more will follow.

AdamSD
02-16-2013, 7:47 PM
There was quite a bit of interest in this event and for those that missed it, more will follow.

I shot and broke my homemade target stand. :(

mq9reaper
02-16-2013, 8:17 PM
Had a great time out there today. Couldn't ask for better weather. Great job everyone.

NoNOS67
02-16-2013, 9:13 PM
I shot and broke my homemade target stand. :(

Try shooting the target next time! :p

newbreeze
02-17-2013, 10:36 AM
I'm new to this site so I missed the opportunity. I'll try to join and help next cleaning up event.

AdamSD
02-17-2013, 11:06 AM
Try shooting the target next time! :p

Lmao. I am the suck.

eightmd
02-18-2013, 10:09 AM
Hey musick and everyone else it was good seeing everyone coming out. It is a nice area out there but it did seem quite full on the weekend.

Thanks for organizing and I'm up for future cleanups.

sdfire
02-19-2013, 8:25 AM
Between Musick and my clean ups, we should be able to keep enough calgunners going out there to keep the mess at bay. I have already taken 3 groups out , and they have gone great. Each time we clean at least 2 different spots if possible. I'm happy to hear that the spots are still clean when you guys got out there. That's a good sign. My groups usually go out during the week when it is not so busy out there.

NoNOS67
02-19-2013, 8:54 AM
Between Musick and my clean ups, we should be able to keep enough calgunners going out there to keep the mess at bay. I have already taken 3 groups out , and they have gone great. Each time we clean at least 2 different spots if possible. I'm happy to hear that the spots are still clean when you guys got out there. That's a good sign. My groups usually go out during the week when it is not so busy out there.

I can usually get out there by 4pm during the week. More than enough time with the days getting longer.

Zymergist
02-24-2013, 6:16 PM
Hi guys!

I am a bit late to the party on this one but would love to be involved in the future runs! I am recovering from C-spine fusion so cant do any heavy lifting for a while and no shooting till December, but I have a Nissan titan 2wd with a soft shell along with plenty of field tools and assorted gear that could be useful...

Look forward to meeting up for a bit of hard work and good times!
(and for after clean up debrief purposes I am also a homebrewer... :cheers2: )

musick
02-28-2013, 5:45 PM
... but would love to be involved in the future runs...also a homebrewer... :cheers2: )

Stay tuned. Im planning a clean in March. Details will follow.

I brew as well. Even took a few ribbons at the Del Mar competitions. Would love to talk brewing.

Alpha Male
03-07-2013, 9:57 PM
just checking in. me and my cousin did our own mini cleanup two weeks ago when we shot. we literally packed 95% more than we brought in which was just brass on our end. we ended up picking up peoples clays, milk/water containers, soda cans, and other crap. Please let me know when the next one happens.

Deviance
04-26-2013, 9:01 AM
Hey Guys,

I am new to BLM area's and live in Vista area. I am willing to meet up for a clean up on Sundays. If anyone needs help just PM me. I would love to shoot outside for a change.