View Full Version : BLM at Hollister / Panoche Hills Cleanup Oct 6th 9AM

09-19-2007, 5:43 AM
I got a call yesterday from Leslie at the BLM station. She left me a message that the cleanup day this year will be October 6th at 9:00am.
I know they could use our help. If you guys want to keep this place open I would try to show up. Last year there was talk of closing the place down to the public due to the garbage left behind everywhere. Last year we had some of us calgunners show up and cleaned up a bit. I recieved a couple emails thanking us as a whole and it showed them that us target shooters do care about doing our part and they know that we want to prevent the place from being closed. Lets show them that again guys. Last time we had 8-10 guys show up. It would be cool to get at least that again. Hopefully more. I am in no way organizing this. I am just trying to get the word out that BLM is having a cleanup day and all of us are invited.
It would also be a good day to go scope out a place to shoot further distances like 600yrds plus for the future shoots. Thats if we could get back in there. I am not sure if the gates are closed until the 15th for us on that day.
If you have any questions for Leslie you can reach her at 831-630-5015. We can meet at the first shooting area again like last year. Cant miss it.
I will bring myself and three to four others.

Mods. Can you sticky this for a couple weeks.

09-19-2007, 11:22 AM
I'll be there to assist with the clean-up. I value Panoche and would like to help keep the area open. Thank You for organising this!

09-24-2007, 9:30 AM
Wow, Only 1 person has replied. :eek:

09-24-2007, 4:48 PM
Wow, Only 1 person has replied. :eek:

I didn't want to commit until I know if I have to be at work. We have a release scheduled for the 5th, and another on the 8th. I'm trying to make sure the one on the 5th happens on time, and the one for the 8th happens on the 5th.

If I'm free I will be there and will have at least 1 other person with me. But I won't know until the 2nd or so.

09-25-2007, 12:01 AM
Too far out to know for sure if I can make it. Anybody want to carpool from the peninsula or SJ?

09-29-2007, 9:22 AM
Looks like I may be able to make it, I'm going to gather up some friends and make a showing. Difficult to get there super early, but I'll plan on being there at some point.

10-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Cant make it... I have to work at the shop.

10-01-2007, 1:02 PM
Went out there Saturday to shoot with the kids. The gate was closed so we parked outside the gate and walked in. Yeah it's a mess but nothing a good days work wouldn't clean up. Not sure about other shooting spots inside though.

10-01-2007, 4:41 PM
I'm new so maybe I'll roll out and help y'all. I'll bring a bunch of work gloves and trash bags if I go.

BTW where is this? lol

10-01-2007, 11:33 PM
Do you guys know if we will be allowed to shot after cleaning, since Panoche does not open till the 15th? If we are allowed to go shooting after cleaning is anyone going to stick around and shot?

10-01-2007, 11:43 PM
Is there an address? I'm about 90 minutes from Hollister, but don't mind pitching a hand.

10-02-2007, 7:15 AM
I have a co worker who had a death in the family and I have to cover the oncall support this weekend. So I cant make it. I have to be able to get back to my work within 1 hour and I cant do it from hollister. I hope a good bunch of you can make it. Have fun

10-04-2007, 11:11 AM
looks like i made other commitments..oh well maybe next time :)

10-05-2007, 11:06 AM

10-15-2007, 10:15 AM
Anybody make it to this?

10-19-2007, 10:24 PM
I didn't make it to that. I will be taking a couple extra trash bags with me though and a rake this weekend.