PDA

View Full Version : Ventura Gun Show Feb. 9&10

chango17
02-03-2013, 7:21 PM
Anyone know if there will be booths at the upcomming gunshow at the fairgrounds that will be selling reloading components, such as: powders, primers, projectiles?

I went to the last one, however there was only one booth, that i can remember, that had half empty tins of powder.

Any opinions on how the show will be? normal? packed? dead? just curious.

RitcheyRch
02-03-2013, 7:22 PM
I went to this show a few years ago and it is really small. I dont know the answer to your question.

TacticalPlinker
02-03-2013, 8:56 PM
I went to this show a few years ago and it is really small. I dont know the answer to your question.

A lot has changed. The Crossroads show is the now the larger of the two shows in Ventura. The Roadrunner show is now the smaller show.

Anyway, yes, I am sure there will be reloading booth(s), but as with everything else, expect to see lines, high prices and "we're sold out"...

chango17
02-03-2013, 9:48 PM
Yea I know it got a lot bigger. the last one i went to was 3 buildings! But they didnt have powders. I was quite disappointed, Im just hoping I dont have to drive 2 hours for the same thing. I do alot of reloading so that is my main interest when i head to gunshows. there is another one in Santa Barbara this coming weekend also i guess. I wonder how that one will be. Its 1 hour closer to home. Maybe ill stop by both who knows

Daryl Dixon
02-03-2013, 9:59 PM
Yeah, the last show was terrible for reloaders. I'm trying to decide if I even want to face the masses this coming weekend to see what I can get my hands on. Anyways, I have been checking the local shops (1 in Camarillo, 2 in Santa Barbara) whenever I am in their areas and have be able to scrap together 2lbs of HS-6, 1lb H335, and 1lb CFE223 so keep trying and good luck with the hunt!

chango17
02-03-2013, 10:03 PM
yea i use mostly IMR4064 IMR4831 and H110 but everywhere i go they are sold out. i was able to skim by with 1lb of Accurate 4064 that i came by.. pressures arent as high so velocity drops about 100fps. but no big deal when its just plinking. I might just check the one in santa barbara out because I just remembered last time I showed up at 10ish and the parking lot was packed! Im in thinking the same as you; dont know if i want to be a part of the mob.