PDA

View Full Version : Should teachers be allowed to pack a gun? Askland Oregon case

Steyr_223
09-18-2007, 12:11 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20070918/ts_csm/aselfdefense

Q
09-18-2007, 12:18 PM
No, Some teachers are crazy! Some have a few problems..I had a teacher flip out in class, he was a vietnam vet and had a bad flash back during a class. He was later fired because of it. I saw him at a bus stop a couple years later. :(
He was a cool guy and a good teacher.

Kinda reminds me of el rojo.:p

-aK-
09-18-2007, 12:19 PM
I support her.

Require the teachers to take an additional training course if it makes you feel better...

tango-52
09-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Duplicate post:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=69493&highlight=Oregon+teacher

Citadelgrad87
09-18-2007, 12:23 PM
I just read that story and came here looking for this topic.

Re the comments of "more guns will make the situation worse/more dangersous."

Exactly how, specifically, could the Va tech, or ANY school shooting, have been worse with "more guns."

Talk about nonsense kool aid thought. What, are the people who are armed just going to flip out because they are carrying evil guns and start shooting with the shooter?

Same crap came up after 9-11, the "debate" over arming pilots. Idiots said "guns will just make it worse."

Really? Worse than 4 airplanes successfuly hijacked, intentionally crashed into buildings, and killing all on board.

Man, I'd love to hear how that could have been worse.

N6ATF
09-18-2007, 9:59 PM
There is a slight potential for a Mexican standoff if you have multiple people drawing guns who can't see each other, nor the hostile, and are only hearing gunshots. I say slight because colleges are big and unless you're in the admin of justice building, the number of CCW'ers per acre would probably be low.

What would YOU do if you heard shots and peeked around cover to see two or more people engaged in a firefight with lots of cover keeping the fight alive? Who would you shoot? The maniac isn't wearing a straightjacket for easy ID. If he has more than one gun though and no badge... there's your man.

I definitely don't oppose CCW on campuses, nor am I playing devil's advocate, but these are things you gotta be careful about if the SHTF.

M. Sage
09-19-2007, 6:12 AM
I just read that story and came here looking for this topic.

Re the comments of "more guns will make the situation worse/more dangersous."

Exactly how, specifically, could the Va tech, or ANY school shooting, have been worse with "more guns."

The school reaction to things, going into "lock-down", makes things far worse than additional guns ever could. In the case of a shooter coming into the school and attacking students, they should instruct the kids to scatter to the four winds, not pack them on top of each other in classrooms....

savageevo
09-19-2007, 6:41 AM
the other scenario would be if the teacher was packing and there was a lock down, all the kids would stay in one corner with the teacher and hopefully take the desks around them and create some sort of barrier, If the crazy gunman comes in and starts shooting the teacher would know who to shoot. It would be safer for the teacher to be in the defensive than offensive. when everything calms down and the police arrive, there should be a special horn that alerts everybody that the gunman is down and safe to get out. I know when I was in school we had earthquake drills. We as a nation should have some sort training/drills that prepairs us for such a disaster.

pepsi2451
09-19-2007, 9:53 AM
I know when I was in school we had earthquake drills. We as a nation should have some sort training/drills that prepairs us for such a disaster.

When I was in 3rd or 4th grade right after a school shooting they started making us do that. If we were on the play ground and we heard that pattern of bells we were supposed to lay down and I guess wait to get shot.:rolleyes: