PDA

View Full Version : CDT charging way too much for 5.56

310Rak1187
02-02-2013, 6:07 PM
I was about to have a heart attack when I saw the price that CheaperThanDirt was charging for 20 rounds box of PMC XTAC 556, $39.59 :eek: Hope that none of you guys and gals are buying it.

Clownpuncher
02-02-2013, 6:28 PM
I'm never buying anything from CTD, even when the panic stops and if the prices were CTD. Ef them.

Dutch3
02-02-2013, 6:32 PM
I don't buy anything from CTD, as they offer horrible customer service to California residents. Screw CTD.

ke6guj
02-02-2013, 6:43 PM
I was about to have a heart attack when I saw the price that CheaperThanDirt was charging for 20 rounds box of PMC XTAC 556, $39.59 :eek: Hope that none of you guys and gals are buying it.guess what, if you really need some, you can buy it from CTD. You'll pay a premium, but if you REALLY need it, it is available.

Otherwise, you can put that same ammo on BO at Macks for $8/box, but you'll probably be waiting 3-4 months for it. Last I heard, they have 7000 boxes on B/on and they are getting 50-100 boxes a day in from suppliers. So, my 100 boxes will show up sometime maybe before June. But, if I had a training class scheduled for March, I'd probably be holding my nose and buying from CTD if they were the only thing I could find.

CSACANNONEER
02-02-2013, 6:52 PM
I wouldn't buy from them if they paid me to. However, who do you think you are for questioning their right to run their business and set their prices any way they want to?

310Rak1187
02-02-2013, 7:03 PM
I stop doing business with CTD when I moved back to Cali. @csacannoneer, i dont mean to question their ways of doing business,set prices and what not..im just saying that's ridiculous for the prices that they charging.

johnny1290
02-02-2013, 10:00 PM
It's ridic, but if their prices were fixed like in communist russia, there would be no ammo you could buy above board period and we'd have to purchase all ammo from secondary market aka gun broker which is debatably even worse.

Of course if they sold you ammo for $15 a box you'd buy it all and put it for sale here in the classifieds for full market value.

Seriously people on here are unbelievable.

FMFdevildoc
02-02-2013, 10:18 PM
^ THIS

As Johnny stated so succinctly!!

Don't like? Don't buy.

ChrisToad
02-02-2013, 10:21 PM
I'm never buying anything from CTD, even when the panic stops and if the prices were CTD. Ef them.

+1

$100 PMAGS? F those guys.

speeder
02-03-2013, 2:20 AM
I guess I must have enough ammo for my AR(s) because I haven't looked for it in some time now. BUT, WTF, $40 FOR A BOX OF PMC! I don't know what "XTAC" is but it must be some sort of realy bad ***** ammo!

I think the OP is just pointing out the retailers who want to take advantage of us during crazy times. I have no doubt that they are paying much more on their "whole sale big bulk purchases." But can they be paying that much to have to charge so much to make a "normal" profit?

At that price it would seem as if they just want to be greedy and squeeze every dime out of a desperate buyer. Isn't it that the kind of thing that makes people want to trash a rip off WTS post.

If that's the case, F-them, and never give them businees after the dust settles and things are back to the "new" normal. Or, maybe I'm totaly wrong and 5.56 ammo is worth that much now? I guess for entertainment I'll have to look and see. If it is, I'll never second guess thoes guys that want to get into ammo manufactoring. Allmost seems like making diamonds. No wonder 5.56 dies can't be found.

Besides, there are places that are making a little more profit in resent days, but are still not "scalping!" I'll never forget them either. I understand supply and demand but no need to be a greedy, insulting pig about it if your trying to keep a reputaion of prices that are, CTD.... Well, if that's what it's realy worth these days, I'll STFU, and crawl back under my rock.

The only training class I would attend that would encourage me to pay $50 (shipped?) to fill a 30 round magazine of 5.56 would be one in wich death row imates were my targets!

Corbin Dallas
02-03-2013, 5:05 AM
CTD can suck it.

Ill never buy from them again.

shadowofnight
02-03-2013, 5:29 AM
Let em know how disgusted you are in them, I know I have...

" We welcome your questions, ideas and suggestions. Please drop us a line below to comment on our products, services, web site or anything else. We'll get back to you right away. "

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/shopcustcontact.aspx

jonny13sb
04-12-2013, 8:19 AM
I don't know who Cheaper Than Dirt buys wholesale from but Walmart hasn't raised their prices so they must have a better distributor than CTD. My local gun shop, Centerfire Firearms recently sold me a box of .22 / 500 rds for their normal price, no gouging. I will remember their good business ethics and I will also not forget those who price gouged during this time of shortage.

JagerDog
04-12-2013, 8:35 AM
It's ridic, but if their prices were fixed like in communist russia, there would be no ammo you could buy above board period and we'd have to purchase all ammo from secondary market aka gun broker which is debatably even worse.

Of course if they sold you ammo for $15 a box you'd buy it all and put it for sale here in the classifieds for full market value.

Seriously people on here are unbelievable.

Yep! "So-n-so is charging too much." Who the F cares? If you come across a good deal, pass it on. If you find some uber high price, just say "pass".

Willwork4ammo
04-12-2013, 9:57 AM
I was about to have a heart attack when I saw the price that CheaperThanDirt was charging for 20 rounds box of PMC XTAC 556, $39.59 :eek: Hope that none of you guys and gals are buying it.

Eh....that's not that bad. Lemme know when it looks like this:

9mm (http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM-4261) :eek: