PDA

View Full Version : To show we're all in this TOGETHER...

mikehaas
09-17-2007, 3:35 PM
Before Ugly Gun Owners feel too persecuted being persecuted...

The National Rifle Association has come out in support of the muzzleloading hunter's right to choose the style of rifle, load and sight system used during the special muzzleloader seasons.

To read more on this issue, go to:

http://www.hpmuzzleloading.com/legislation.html

Where do you stand on this issue? Or, is it of such little importance to you and your company that it does not warrant taking a position?

Thanks,
Toby Bridges
NORTH AMERICAN MUZZLELOADER
HUNTING ASSOCIATION
I get this guy's emails all the time. He's always trying to notify others of the legislative dangers muzzleloading faces. And you might be surprised to learn of how many threats there are. (I kinda wish he didn't send out megabyte-plus PDF files and expose everyone's email address on the "To:" line, but have to give him A for effort.)

I don't think California is paying much attention to muzzleloading shooters. The sandboxes they like to play in out here are "Handguns" and "Assault Weapons" (at this time.)

Point is, each state has it's own issues and when you drill down into the details, EVERY TYPE OF GUN-OWNER IN AMERICA IS UNDER SOME KIND OF LEGISLATIVE ATTACK. From the very first shooting technologies to the latest, government is trying to supress our access.

TO ME, IT UNDERSCORES THIS FACT: We are in this together and only unity will sustain us to victory.

Gun-owners who do not involve themselves politically are the dead weight in the cart that the rest of us have to push. And even worse, Gun-owners who insult each other and argue among themselves and GUN GROUPS THAT ATTACK OTHER GUN GROUPS just fight progress and push us back.

Mike

bwiese
09-17-2007, 3:38 PM
Very good point, Mike.

Someone's muzzleloader is someone else's sniper rifle. And muzzleloader guys "have to accumulate vast stores of raw high explosive" to fuel their hobby - another black mark.

I wonder if SASS and CRPA realize what they did to us with their support of SB15 'safe handguns' now directly leading to microstamping?

Creeping Incrementalism
09-17-2007, 7:26 PM
So I guess this is about laws forcing those hunting in the black powder season to use 19th century technology, and not the modern muzzle loaders? Or is it something else?

I wonder if SASS and CRPA realize what they did to us with their support of SB15 'safe handguns' now directly leading to microstamping? Is SB15 the bill that requires handguns to be on the approved list? (That happened before I followed gun politics closely.)

MedSpec65
09-17-2007, 7:42 PM
Thanks for putting up this thread. It's an important reminder for all of us, especially in this State.

Rck'n'ROll
09-17-2007, 8:20 PM
Great post Mike:D

bwiese
09-17-2007, 10:00 PM
[QUOTE=Creeping Incrementalism;757457
Is SB15 the bill that requires handguns to be on the approved list? (That happened before I followed gun politics closely.)[/QUOTE]

Yes. It had support from CRPA(+CAFR(?)) because it was, in essence, a "large dealer/distributor protection bill" (cuz they can make deals to cycle in/out guns that fall off roster) - and had last-minute support from SASS because their precious single-actions were exempted.

It passed because fence sitters saw NRA being countered by two other groups that are (incorrectly) perceived as having significant weight and the fence sitters thought it was a 'safe' vote and not an antigun vote.

Our unity failed. I hope we're wiser now.

SB15 is the perfect example of how any CA gun law morphs, even a mildly antigun one. First it was just about 'safety' - who could argue about that, and testing is just a minor inconvenience. Then Alison's SB489 gets thru - mag discos and chamber-loaded indicators. Now, microstamping is looming - all of these are just 'glued on' to existing legal structure.

cactus
09-18-2007, 2:03 AM
Seems like a classic example of divide and conquer to me.