PDA

View Full Version : Placerville Gun Show

Gutter
02-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Anyone know what the Placerville gun show this weekend is like? Thought I might go early tomorrow and check it out.

walterwhite
02-01-2013, 11:28 PM
I believe it's the same people who ran the Auburn show last weekend. I attended on Saturday, was there an hour after open, there was a 45 minute wait to get in the door, it was very crowded once inside, heard just about everyone complaining about prices.

However on the way back toward Sac, I stopped for the first time at Sportsman's Gun Room in Penyrn, it was packed with others returning from the gun show. The prices were competitive, the crew there was friendly, and they had some handguns that I know other local stores are out of.

Jet Setter
02-02-2013, 11:50 AM
Here, here, walterwhite. Auburn show sucked. Overpriced rifles, no ammo, small venue. Not worth the drive - unless you already live closeby. Still, I would not waste the time.

Gutter
02-02-2013, 3:33 PM
It was worth the drive, but I agree that the prices were insane. $15 a box for 7.62x39 Tulammo sums it up (bought $8 boxes at Ammo Depot four days ago). Still was nice to look though.

natficon
02-09-2013, 4:22 PM
There were no ammo vendors at the Placerville show (just a few individuals with small selections)

natficon
02-09-2013, 4:23 PM
Did anyone go to the Vallejo show today? Were there ammo vendors similar to that of a Crossroads gun show?