PDA

View Full Version : de la Fuente CCW

jdberger
09-16-2007, 3:23 PM
I seem to remember that Ignacio de la Fuente had a CCW. His excuse was that he had sponsored gun legislation or something and he was thus afraid of gun owners.

I KNOW that Don Perata has a CCW for the same reason.

Anyway, does anyone have a copy of de la Fuente's CCW application?

Dont Tread on Me
09-16-2007, 3:33 PM
I love that logic. I tried to ban guns so I need a gun.

Maybe I can apply as I joined the Brady Campaign's e-mail list and a bunch of gun nuts (AKA Calgunners) found out?

M. Sage
09-16-2007, 4:32 PM
You bastige! You joined the Bradys! I'm not gonna hang out with you anymore!!! Anger, anger. Whine, whine.

There, now you can get a CCW.

Knauga
09-16-2007, 7:45 PM
Maybe he needs a CCW because of this? (http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4176/is_20070425/ai_n19035123)

thedrickel
09-16-2007, 7:52 PM
Maybe he needs a CCW because of this? (http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4176/is_20070425/ai_n19035123)

Yeah, he needs to protect himself from the vengeful families of his son's rape victims.

boogak
09-16-2007, 9:10 PM
scum runs in the family

Steyr_223
09-16-2007, 11:40 PM
Council leader says officers pumped up son's case to try to destroy his career...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/09/16/BAVDS6GU8.DTL

The son, 34-year-old Ignacio De La Fuente Jr., pleaded guilty in May to five felony sex assault charges involving attacks on three prostitutes and a 15-year-old girl he may have mistaken for a prostitute.

Police and prosecutors say he picked up all four from 2003 to 2005 on Fruitvale Avenue, a street in the heart of De La Fuente's district known for prostitution activity, took them to the waterfront and raped and beat them.

The younger De La Fuente initially denied he had done anything wrong, so his guilty plea came as a surprise to his family. Had he gone to trial and been convicted of all charges, he could have been sentenced to 75 years.

De La Fuente Sr. now says his son committed no sexual assaults, and pleaded guilty largely to spare his family the pain and embarrassment of a trial.

"Don't misunderstand me," the councilman said. "Don't think I'm saying this guy is innocent. ... Yes, he picked them up, yes they had sex or whatever they did, and there is no question he didn't pay them.

"But," De La Fuente added, "there are no signs of rape or forced entry."

De La Fuente says the more serious assault charges were pumped up by a group of overeager cops in order to wreck his career.

"This was during the heart of the (mayoral) campaign," De La Fuente told us. "I definitely think some elements of the department went out of their way to make this case more important than any other case.

"The way some people saw it, the bigger the better," he said.

One posting on the Web site, which went online last week, says that "Ignacio was openly disliked by more than a handful of Oakland's high-ranking police officers who they felt he had 'too much power for a Mexican.