PDA

View Full Version : Anybody order TAC through midway that's drop shipped?!?

johnny1290
01-29-2013, 8:43 PM
I'm a bit hacked, I paid $157/8# as it is "in stock" at Midway, only to find out it was being drop shipped and there was an additional $10 drop ship fee in addition to the haz mat.

I did it , thinking a bird in the hand, then got a 4+ week delay shipping notice, which is now on the website unlike when I ordered.

Just wondered if anybody had any experience as to how long it actually takes to see this stuff?

I ordered bullets that were supposed to ship the beginning of Jan, and they keep getting pushed back too, dangit.

:)

firemanjoe
01-29-2013, 9:06 PM
i ordered 8lbs of tac back on jan 5th. according to midway, it hasnt shipped yet, but i have placed 2 seperate orders with midway since and have received both orders already

Full Clip
01-29-2013, 9:08 PM
I'm in the same boat. It was still cheaper than buying locally (if you can find it).

3006mv
01-30-2013, 7:06 PM
it ships directly from factory or distributor, not midwayusa; it may take at least 3 weeks.

gregr266
01-31-2013, 2:01 PM
Yes it took my order 5 weeks for it to ship through Fed ex. It should be at my place tomorrow. Be Patient it will get to you.

firemanjoe
01-31-2013, 2:14 PM
Yes it took my order 5 weeks for it to ship through Fed ex. It should be at my place tomorrow. Be Patient it will get to you.

When did you order and what did you order?

johnny1290
02-01-2013, 12:09 AM
Thank good ness I have enough supplies that 5 weeks really isn't any big deal, but like a lot of people I sleep better knowing I have enough loaded ammo to supply a regiment in case N. Korea invades :)

My bullets that were supposed to ship today got pushed, but only to feb 4 and 7th, so who knows?!?

SURVIVOR619
02-01-2013, 8:42 AM
Your situation OP is odd compared to mine: order placed Saturday, shipping notice issued, tracking already shows delivery sched for Feb 8th.. Three 8lb kegs...

Sorry your experience was different.

johnny1290
02-01-2013, 12:04 PM
wow nice! I ordered some other parts that shipped, but I just double checked and no other info on the powder. Who knows, maybe I'll get it the first part of Feb. also!

Now I'm envious as I only bought 16#!!! Mine mine mine, all mine, I want all the components!!! :D

I've just spent so dang much on bullets and powder and whatnot lately...it's never enough though ... hehe !

SURVIVOR619
02-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Yeah I wish all three kegs were mine! Me and my dad and one bud each got one keg and ordered together to minimize hazmat.. Oh well, still happy! :43:

3006mv
02-02-2013, 6:00 AM
I'm still burning through my 24 from over 8 years ago. I fill the empties w/ loaded ammo. just don't toss them in the back of a pickup truck and drive off road.

Mesa Defense
02-02-2013, 9:28 AM
Was going to order TAC from midway the other day when it showed in stock for a short period of time. Then I noticed the small print that said it would be drop shipped and takes up to 12 weeks....

NorCalNative
02-04-2013, 8:30 PM
i ordered 8lbs of tac back on jan 5th. according to midway, it hasnt shipped yet, but i have placed 2 seperate orders with midway since and have received both orders already

^^^Similar experience. I place my TAC order on Jan17th and got the four week drop shipment notice. The order had other non-hazmat items that were delivered in just over a week. I'm planning for delivery by end of Feburary.

Wrangler John
02-05-2013, 3:25 AM
The reason for the drop shipping is that the requirements for maintaining a large commercial powder magazine are costly. One jobber I worked with had to maintain a secure explosive magazine in a rural area, making weekly trips to distribute powder to various retailers. This also requires Haz Mat placards on the delivery truck and other safety requirements. It's cost prohibitive for a large distributor such as MidwayUSA to maintain a warehouse full of powder and primers, so it's drop shipped from a single source.

Same thing with some rifle scopes I have purchased, where the scope was ordered one day from the online dealer in Michigan and had it on my porch the following day from a fulfillment center in California. Many Internet retailers don't even have a warehouse, everything is drop shipped. Tiger Direct comes to mind.