PDA

View Full Version : Del-Ton Or CWS For AR15?

SBDave
09-14-2007, 1:06 PM
Del-ton sells complete AR15 kits for $465 minus the lower receiver (however, the kits come with the lower parts kit). So, with a $110 stag lower, a person could own a new AR from Del-Ton for $575.

CWS sells complete lowers (including b/s) and complete uppers, but they don't sell kits. The least-expensive complete lower receiver & b/s I've found on their site is $255. And, the least-expensive complete upper appears to be $435. Therefore, the total would be approx $690 - a $115 difference.

However, I know that CWS has a very good reputation.

Who should I go with?

Socal858
09-14-2007, 1:08 PM
CWS has always done me right, and has a reputation for using all execellent quality brand name parts

Tweak338
09-14-2007, 2:17 PM
This should have been posted in the riflemans forum..
ETA: I would go with CWS or Ten Percent before Del-ton..

Sig226
09-14-2007, 2:41 PM
Both have been great to me....

The POF/DPMS AR-10 I got from CWS is a FREAKIN tack driver.....and just runs.

While at the same time the CAR that DelTon built for my has sucked down 9-10k rounds with *maybe* one or two hiccups. MAX. I also have no problem hitting a 8" steel plate at 650yrds with it....

I say Delton if cash is tight, or if they have parts CWS doesn't have available. Otherwise CWS since they are a good bunch of people doing numbers of CA residents well.

FWIW--- I think it's unfair to lump Delton in with Model1 as some on this forum have done.....But I also have a 9mm upper from Model1 they built using RRA/Stag parts. Runs like a champ.... So ymmv.

Roo
09-14-2007, 3:19 PM
Here is my issue with CWS... I sent them an email 4 days ago for an order and I still have not heard back. I brought it to their attention and I still have no heard back. I placed an order with another supplier for a different product the same day and I have already received the order and I am still waiting to hear back from CWS... I now placed that order with another company who wanted my money and my order was about $1k.

smokycuh
09-14-2007, 3:51 PM
i would recommend CWS.

SBDave
09-14-2007, 9:29 PM
Thanks for your feedback! I think I'm going to go with CWS.

I'm leaning toward purchasing the CMMG complete lower with 6 position b/s for $255 and the Stag 2H complete upper for $499.

A little pricey, but hey, you only live once, right?

PIRATE14
09-14-2007, 9:31 PM
Here is my issue with CWS... I sent them an email 4 days ago for an order and I still have not heard back. I brought it to their attention and I still have no heard back. I placed an order with another supplier for a different product the same day and I have already received the order and I am still waiting to hear back from CWS... I now placed that order with another company who wanted my money and my order was about $1k.

Sorry, but we never rcv'd any "EMAIL ORDER" sometimes the emails bounce out cause of our high filter settings and key words/phrases....

Believe me if someone wants to give us money....we take it...gladly:D

PIRATE14
09-14-2007, 9:33 PM
Thanks for your feedback! I think I'm going to go with CWS.

I'm leaning toward purchasing the CMMG complete lower with 6 position b/s for $255 and the Stag 2H complete upper for $499.

A little pricey, but hey, you only live once, right?

Dave.....if you think that is pricey....come check out the Novesek uppers at the Ont show this wkend.....it's pretty easy to spend over 2K on a AR.......;)

Roo
09-14-2007, 9:41 PM
Sorry, but we never rcv'd any "EMAIL ORDER" sometimes the emails bounce out cause of our high filter settings and key words/phrases....

Believe me if someone wants to give us money....we take it...gladly:D

Sucky! I asked you in this thread:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=68920

and I never heard anything back... I have such a busy schedule during the week I couldn't get around to calling. I'll be seeing you guys at the gun show tomorrow though to pick up stuff. Will you guys have any lowers? Can I pay then and you can ship to my FFL?

SBDave
09-14-2007, 9:52 PM
True, true - $750 is not a high price to pay for an AR. I'll give you that.
Let me refrase..I'm on a student budget and have never spent over $500 for a rifle. I'm stoked for it though!!

PIRATE14
09-14-2007, 9:52 PM
Sucky! I asked you in this thread:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=68920

and I never heard anything back... I have such a busy schedule during the week I couldn't get around to calling. I'll be seeing you guys at the gun show tomorrow though to pick up stuff. Will you guys have any lowers? Can I pay then and you can ship to my FFL?

Tons o lowers......we have the BEST SELECTION in the USA...bar none...:43:

PAy and ship......std modus operendi.....;)

PIRATE14
09-14-2007, 9:53 PM
True, true - $750 is not a high price to pay for an AR. I'll give you that.
Let me refrase..I'm on a student budget and have never spent over $500 for a rifle. I'm stoked for it though!!

ME TOO!!!!:43:

TonyM
09-14-2007, 10:15 PM

Does anyone actually order via EMAIL?

I hope you don't send your Credit Card number over email, you do know it's basically plain text and can be intercepted 100 ways to Sunday.

Next time, pick up the phone and call them. I called them at 7pm CA time for an order once, and they answered the phone and took the order. 2 minutes tops.

Roo
09-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Does anyone actually order via EMAIL?

I hope you don't send your Credit Card number over email, you do know it's basically plain text and can be intercepted 100 ways to Sunday.

Next time, pick up the phone and call them. I called them at 7pm CA time for an order once, and they answered the phone and took the order. 2 minutes tops.

I was ordering a couple lowers and I wanted to know if they had Ades on file or if they needed a copy of their FFL. plain text can be intercepted? No wai! I never learned that while getting my computer science degree!! :cool2:

I am very busy during the week and never had time to call.

I still raised the question of if they got the email or not 2 days ago. A simple 'no' would have told me to call them.

ivanimal
09-14-2007, 11:04 PM
I have spent thousands with CWS and could not be happier. You made a good decision to go with them. They remeber your name and really care about the business. I am impressed and a customer for life.

jkasandiego
09-14-2007, 11:37 PM
CWS = great customer service.