PDA

View Full Version : Places to shoot near Fairfield/Vacaville

Zimz
01-28-2013, 9:03 AM
Nor-Calgunners, I am looking for the best place to shoot near Fairfield/Vacaville area. I'm kinda tired of Yolo Sportsmans rules, and want someplace I can draw from a holster and shoot as fast as I'm comfortable with. This also eliminates the two indoor ranges in town (Guns, Fishing, and Ripoff, and Center mass). Are there any BLM or public lands within decent driving distance or a good range I don't know about? Thanks!

dlquinn71
01-28-2013, 9:13 AM
You might want to check out Twin Sisters Gun Club....don't know much about them but might be what your looking for. Google search has pulled up their contact info. in the past.

Zimz
01-28-2013, 6:11 PM
You might want to check out Twin Sisters Gun Club....don't know much about them but might be what your looking for. Google search has pulled up their contact info. in the past.

Thanks! I'll check them out

Does anyone know good BLM spots in this area?

union thug
01-30-2013, 10:48 PM
No. Lake Berryessa has a little BLM land but there is no place to shoot in public here.

reefer_bob
02-06-2013, 10:51 PM
Berryessa is a heck of a drive for the BLM area.

A friend just told me about Twin Sisters today... I must research them. They have some videos on Youtube which look rather promising!

1990GT50
02-11-2013, 7:42 AM
Berryessa is a heck of a drive for the BLM area.

A friend just told me about Twin Sisters today... I must research them. They have some videos on Youtube which look rather promising!

haha- welcome to the bay area- everything is a drive. I believe you used to be able to shoot at knoxville rec area, but are no longer able to. Can anybody confirm? As far as I know, the closest area to just drive out and shoot would be tahoe area or up towards lake county. Sucks bad...

Bsandoc40
02-11-2013, 8:10 AM
haha- welcome to the bay area- everything is a drive. I believe you used to be able to shoot at knoxville rec area, but are no longer able to. Can anybody confirm? As far as I know, the closest area to just drive out and shoot would be tahoe area or up towards lake county. Sucks bad...

I believe Knoxville area prohibits shooting. Eldorado near Tahoe stills allows shooting.

Steyrlp10
02-12-2013, 7:54 AM
SacValley has Cowboy Action and Action Pistol, but as others have mentioned, that's a drive from Solano County. USI/Diablo has Action Pistol, so a little closer for those of us in Solano County.

There's always Richmond Rod & Gun...

union thug
02-18-2013, 9:58 PM
Berryessa is 40 minutes from Vacaville. It beats driving to Nevada.

Combo
02-18-2013, 10:38 PM
the closet BLM land would have to be Cow Mountain, here is the link to the rifle range but you can shoot most anywhere in there

http://goo.gl/maps/gj0gM

chiselchst
03-19-2013, 6:19 AM
I believe Knoxville area prohibits shooting...

Knoville Rec area (BLM) changed to only "hunting" after the closure that resulted from the fire, many years ago. No more "target" shooting...

Never been to Cow Mountain.

1990GT50
03-21-2013, 3:54 PM
Berryessa is 40 minutes from Vacaville. It beats driving to Nevada.

.... but doesn't allow shooting anywhere that Im aware of.... Knoxville was the shooting spot...