PDA

View Full Version : Remember: You CAN call, email, fax, MULTIPLE TIMES!!!

DrjonesUSA
09-13-2007, 10:19 AM
The several times so far that I have called the governor's office, neither the automated system nor the live staffers asked for ANY of my personal information - they were simply logging opposed or support.

Even if they DID log personal info, YOU STILL CAN CALL, EMAIL, FAX, AND SEND LETTERS MULTIPLE TIMES..

There is no law against this........YET. (Give the commies time)

KEEP BLOWING UP THEIR PHONES ON AB 1471 AND ASKING THE GOVERNOR TO REMOVE THE FISH & GAME COMMISSIONER WHO IS CHAMPIONING THE LEAD AMMO BAN.

Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!

bruss01
09-13-2007, 12:15 PM
The several times so far that I have called the governor's office, neither the automated system nor the live staffers asked for ANY of my personal information - they were simply logging opposed or support.

Even if they DID log personal info, YOU STILL CAN CALL, EMAIL, FAX, AND SEND LETTERS MULTIPLE TIMES..

There is no law against this........YET. (Give the commies time)

KEEP BLOWING UP THEIR PHONES ON AB 1471 AND ASKING THE GOVERNOR TO REMOVE THE FISH & GAME COMMISSIONER WHO IS CHAMPIONING THE LEAD AMMO BAN.

Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!

So what is to keep some advocate of anti-gun bills from constructing a "spam-bot" (i.e. a computer with a modem) to repeatedly dial and re-dial this number 24/7 and punch in the tones in favor of the anti-gun bills? Or faxing a list of letters one after the other (all slightly different). IMHO either there is a screening process or the touch-tone and call-in systems have just become invalid methods of gauging public opinon. Do you really think that Scott or Perata are incapable of finding someone technically saavy enough to cobble something like this together? I certainly don't, and I don't think the Governor's office is that naieve.

I have called once from every phone I own. I have e-mailed once from home and once from work. I have faxed once and written a snail-mail once. Even that, I feel, is bending the rules, but they would have no way to screen it. Vote early, vote often, heck even come back from the grave to vote, Chicago-style!

hoffmang
09-13-2007, 4:16 PM
For now, none of our officials in California have the spare cycles/funds to have systems sophisticated enough to screen for duplicates - beyond the easy human ways (same fax again and again...)

-Gene

sammy
09-13-2007, 4:29 PM
I have wondered about this. I have called the Governor's number about the bill from at least 12 different numbers in the last 2 days. Am I waisting my time?

bwiese
09-13-2007, 4:30 PM
I have wondered about this. I have called the Governor's number about the bill from at least 12 different numbers in the last 2 days. Am I waisting my time?

NO.

KEEP GOING.

" , [6], [7]" sequence blocks caller ID if your default is callerID=On.

Anthonysmanifesto
09-13-2007, 4:34 PM

send a snail mail too!!

The SoCal Gunner
09-13-2007, 5:11 PM
Sent multiple emails already and will continue to call.