PDA

View Full Version : Call Arnold, RIGHT NOW, it takes 20 seconds and you don't have to talk to anyone

Pages : [1] 2

Rivers
09-07-2007, 4:43 PM
Just heard from a friend in Sacramento. AB 1471 passed both the Senate and Assembly and now goes to the Governor for approval / veto.

Contact Governor Schwarzenegger and urge him to VETO AB 1471.

Do not procrastinate. Do have your friends, family, and any others contact him to veto this bill.

http://gov.ca.gov/interact

odesskiy
09-07-2007, 4:48 PM
I sent an e-mail to the governator. I am shocked and outraged!

Redchevyman
09-07-2007, 4:54 PM
Email sent

CalNRA
09-07-2007, 4:59 PM
email sent as well as sent alert to all my gun-friendly friends.

I'm outraged, but not shocked.

EastBayRidge
09-07-2007, 5:01 PM
Done on both this and lead-free. Ridiculous.

WolfMansDad
09-07-2007, 5:02 PM
Surely he will veto it, right?

But then again, I thought there was no way it would pass. Maybe they just passed it to force him to veto it.

RRangel
09-07-2007, 5:26 PM
Everyone needs to email, fax and or call the governor in a timely manner. This is a big one and we can't let it by. I'm not only going to email him I will call or fax too. Get the word out.

moulton
09-07-2007, 5:29 PM
Surely he will veto it, right?

But then again, I thought there was no way it would pass. Maybe they just passed it to force him to veto it.

[year 2004]
Surely he will veto the .50 cal ban
[/year 2004]
:sleeping:

odesskiy
09-07-2007, 5:40 PM
I am contemplating moving out of Kalifornia next year. Every day I am more and more convinced that it is the right decision.

Japsican
09-07-2007, 5:44 PM
That is so rediculous!...My email has been sent...

mike100
09-07-2007, 5:45 PM
He vetoed the ammunition serialization bill, there may be a chance on this if it suits his political goals...is he still eligible for another term?

Rivers
09-07-2007, 5:46 PM
I am contemplating moving out of Kalifornia next year. Every day I am more and more convinced that it is the right decision.

Make no mistake about this, MICROSTAMPING will follow you like a bad rash.

I'd urge any US citizen, not just Californians, to flood the Governor's office with calls, faxes and emails to get AB 1471 stopped NOW.

Think how I feel, I was born here. It pains me to say that I completely agree with your sentiment that CA has become a very sour place to live.

berto
09-07-2007, 5:56 PM
Emailed and called. Hope Arnold does the right thing.

Centurion_D
09-07-2007, 6:02 PM
Just sent a message to the Gov. I'm really praying the gov. does the right thing and pulls the chain on this stupid bill.

easy
09-07-2007, 6:04 PM
Done. Also sent one for lead ammo.

mecam
09-07-2007, 6:11 PM
This freaking blows... I just sent him an email. If this ***** passes, you better buy as much handguns you can in the next two years because they may no longer be available by then.

Patriot
09-07-2007, 6:12 PM
Done. Also sent one for lead ammo.

Ditto

Make no mistake about this, MICROSTAMPING will follow you like a bad rash.

:iagree:

mecam
09-07-2007, 6:13 PM
BTW, which manufacturers have been testing this new stupid ****.

newtothis
09-07-2007, 6:13 PM
Done. First time sending an email to the govnah.

mecam
09-07-2007, 6:19 PM
i dont understand how something like this could pass. i mean really now; do those of us with standard firing pins have to go and get a replacement microstamped ones now?

No, only new handguns sold in 2010.

Centurion_D
09-07-2007, 6:21 PM
No, only new handguns sold in 2010.

What about the handguns already on the certified list?

Wulf
09-07-2007, 6:24 PM
The point to make with the governor is that this is a complete and total ban on pistols. Not explicitly, but defacto none the less.

Microstamping is not currently included in any gun manufactured anywhere in the world. Nobody anywhere any time has employed this technology outside of a laboratory.

mecam
09-07-2007, 6:25 PM
What about the handguns already on the certified list?

:shrug:

I can just see the CA legis. introducing a new law to ban sales of all revolvers if this **** passes. :no:

4 Brigada
09-07-2007, 6:27 PM
Can we have our names microstamped or does it have to be a number or how about a happy face and have a nice day. Cause I think were hosed on this one too. So does this mean the end of reloading and surplus in PRK? Did get the lead part

We should have never surrendered on the large capacity mags issue, the 50 cal issue, and the this gun makes me scare cause its black and therefore its evil issue. Assault is a verb or a noun, not a adjective.

Cheers,

4 brigada

Hide your guns cause thats next.

Josh3239
Sent email & will send another through USPS.

Centurion_D
The point to make with the governor is that this is a complete and total ban on pistols. Not explicitly, but defacto none the less.

Microstamping is not currently included in any gun manufactured anywhere in the world. Nobody anywhere any time has employed this technology outside of a laboratory.

Bingo! I pointed out that little fact in my message.

cr500man
09-07-2007, 6:29 PM
I have never sent an email to a government official before. Dose anyone have an example or guidelines as far as length and format are concerned?

glockman19
09-07-2007, 6:29 PM
I have been e-mailing, and calling his office and others on THR urging them to do the same.

This is outrageous.I even called Glock and left a message for Gaston to urge his friend and former countryman NOT to sign the bill.

DedEye
09-07-2007, 6:30 PM
Emailed him.

Not surprised either, but annoyed.

G17GUY
09-07-2007, 6:33 PM
All they are doing is driving the price of production up; in return driving the end consumer price up. If I was a gun manufacturer I would ship the gun with a micro stamp firing pin installed in the gun and a spare firing pin with no micro stamp in the case just to get my point across.

dfletcher
09-07-2007, 6:33 PM
If it helps get the thought process going on folks who want to write, here's my copy:

Dear Governor,

I am a registered Republican who voted for you in your initial run for office and in last year's re - election campaign. It is my hope to support you in future elections. That support is dependent on your veto of AB 1471 and other anti - gun legislation which now sits at your desk.

I urge you to demostrate common sense leadership and veto this bill as an unfair burden on the millions of gun owners who live and vote in California. The clearly unproven and easily defeated technology on which this bill is based will neither prevent nor solve crime; passage will have a negative effect on revenue brought into the state via sales and fees and will decrease funds available to the state.

Further, unlike previous legislation regarding magazine safeties and loaded chamber indicators, AB 1471 does not address a safety issue. Microstamping in no way improves the safety characteristics of a single gun.

The action you take on AB 1471 and other anti - gun legislation which now sits on your desk is an opportunity to garner the support of those who have voted for you in the past and will determine our future support. I urge you to veto these bills.

If borrowing a line or two of my wonderful prose generates more mail, feel free. But I don't do any wholesale "cut & paste" as that could diminish the impact of our response.

FYI - the Governer's "In Box" has a "pro" and "con" box - if all you want to do is click on & vote "con" on AB 1471 that takes about 10 seconds & requires a simple "Please vote no on AB 1471".

G17GUY
09-07-2007, 6:35 PM
FYI - the Governer's "In Box" has a "pro" and "con" box - if all you want to do is click on & vote "con" on AB 1471 that takes about 10 seconds & requires a simple "Please vote no on AB 1471".

Link?

Patriot
09-07-2007, 6:36 PM

Scroll down the list to Gun Control

09-07-2007, 6:37 PM
If this passes, I'll have to spend every free cent I have for the next year purchasing semi-auto handguns. I'm a college student, I can't afford this ****.

WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?

Centurion_D
09-07-2007, 6:40 PM
If this passes, I'll have to spend every free cent I have for the next year purchasing semi-auto handguns. I'm a college student, I can't afford this ****.

Dude..you and me both!:mad:

glockman19
09-07-2007, 6:41 PM
If this passes, I'll have to spend every free cent I have for the next year purchasing semi-auto handguns.

If you buy one a month from now until Dec 31, 2009 you can get 27.

I'm already making a list.

Bad Voodoo
09-07-2007, 6:50 PM
Done.

-voodoo

mecam
09-07-2007, 6:50 PM

Christmas Bonus check and next years tax return will have to go Handguns. Sorry wife, but our planned Hawaii vacation will have to hold till summer of 2010.

Let see, gotta get some HKs, Glicks (Glock with a lick ;)), Springfield 1911s.

Centurion_D
09-07-2007, 6:51 PM

I think I'm gonna go ahead and start collecting hi end 1911..Les baers...Ed Brown..stuff like that.

Scotty
09-07-2007, 6:53 PM
We should start writing to Winchester, Speer, Federal, etc. to urge them to stop supplying ammo to California if this bill passes, start by cutting off supply to all CA LE agencies.

foureyes
09-07-2007, 6:54 PM
Sent my e-mail. Be courteous, keep it simple. Don't let this pass !

Centurion_D
09-07-2007, 6:58 PM
I know most of us (including myself) are pressing the panic button but it still has to get the govs sig. If enough of us keep sending messages and calling then I'm willing to believe that he will veto this microstupid bill like he did the last. Lets keep them emails and phone calls coming.

mecam
09-07-2007, 7:00 PM
What was his reason for vetoing the last?

Centurion_D
09-07-2007, 7:02 PM
What was his reason for vetoing the last?

I guess a combo of the progun community urging him to veto the bill and his partial love for guns..at least that's my guess.

09-07-2007, 7:27 PM
Sent. Feel free to use my text for ideas, but I wouldn't recommend copy-pasting the whole thing.

Dear Governor Schwarzenegger,

Last year, I voted for you in your re-election campaign, and would have done the same during your initial run had I been old enough at the time. I believe your efforts up to this point to have been more than satisfactory, and would be inclined to give you my vote again in the future should you continue to provide excellent service. This is directly affected by whether or not you veto AB 1471, which should be sitting on your desk at the moment.

I urge you to demonstrate superior common sense and veto this bill. It is an unfair burden on the millions of law-abiding gun-owners within California. Microstamping technology is unproven and can be easily defeated by anyone. It will never prevent the use of guns in violent crime, and is too easily bypassed to be considered reliable. What would stop a criminal from filing the tip of or replacing the firing pin on a microstamp-enabled pistol? Further, what would stop him or her from picking up my microstamped casings at the range and replacing his or hers at the scene with mine?

Furthermore, passage of this bill will have a negative effect on revenue brought into the state via sales and fees and will decrease funds available to the state. Unlike previous legislation which sought to regulate the sale of pistols with safety features, pistol manufacturers will have to modify portions of their assembly line and develop separate models just to sell to California. Not every manufacturer will be willing to do so, further impacting state revenue.

Vetoing AB 1471 would demonstrate a firm grasp of common sense, as well as earn you the continued support of those who have voted for you in the past.

double_action
09-07-2007, 7:29 PM
ARRGGHHH! :mad: Email sent.

Satex
09-07-2007, 7:30 PM
Fax sent.

mth
09-07-2007, 7:31 PM
Well, this just ruined an otherwise nice Friday.

CA legislature... :banghead:

Oh well, time to call/e-mail/fax and tell friends/relatives to. Again.

4 Brigada
09-07-2007, 7:40 PM
I have a question, is the PRK the only one that has presented and passed legislation requiring this, and here comes the scariest question, how will it be enforced it if you can get replacement pins in another state or even if you damage the area no external markings on the gun will be valid indicator and Im sure that the micromarking is not visible to the human eye, does that mean that they can confiscate your gun for a technical inspection by DOJ? and when theyre done you get it back? and will the local mounties have that authority.

some thoughts that scare the wanting to pays tribute to the PRK

4 brigada

Librarian
09-07-2007, 8:12 PM
I have a question, is the PRK the only one that has presented and passed legislation requiring this
So far, and here comes the scariest question, how will it be enforced it if you can get replacement pins in another state or even if you damage the area no external markings on the gun will be valid indicator and Im sure that the micromarking is not visible to the human eye, does that mean that they can confiscate your gun for a technical inspection by DOJ? and when theyre done you get it back? and will the local mounties have that authority.
4 brigada
Nothing in the bill speaks to that.

There -is- language already in the PC regarding obliterating markings. 12090. Any person who changes, alters, removes or obliterates the
name of the maker, model, manufacturer's number, or other mark of
identification, including any distinguishing number or mark assigned
by the Department of Justice on any pistol, revolver, or any other
firearm, without first having secured written permission from the
department to make such change, alteration or removal shall be
punished by imprisonment in the state prison.
Does that apply to replacing normally worn parts? Can't tell yet. Does that apply to 'microstamping'? Just using the gun will wear off those markings eventually.

Your questions are not paranoid, by any means.

VegasND
09-07-2007, 8:12 PM
Okay all, I don't live in CA but I do travel there and spend money. I emailed him my concerns and hope it helps. Please folks, remember to be polite. It is okay to stress your feelings strongly but don't do anything offensive. It reflects badly on all who share your position.

This legislative evil just makes me even more determined to do my best to not move back if I can possibly avoid it.

But, thanks to you people here, I am more informed about what I'd be moving back to. Had I moved back last year without reading this forum, I would have lost several weapons and perhaps faced felony charges for items available at flea markets here--crazy!

Diablo
09-07-2007, 8:17 PM
Done...:mad:

otteray
09-07-2007, 8:26 PM
Sent mine to the Guv

Hope it helps even a tiny bit...

bulgron
09-07-2007, 8:28 PM
I just sent my email too. Hopefully it will do some good.

Now, who is the jerk that introduced this legislation, and what do we have to do to make that person fight for their political life come election time? I for one am personally ready to start writing checks to his or her political opponent. And I'll volunteer for the political campaign, too, if the district is anywhere near where I live.

Bushwacker
09-07-2007, 8:41 PM
Polite letter sent..

glockk9mm
09-07-2007, 8:50 PM
e-mail sent

markymark
09-07-2007, 8:58 PM
Sent my email.

TheNate
09-07-2007, 8:59 PM
Sent

Sampachi
09-07-2007, 9:10 PM
Are you guys 100% sure it passed the Assembly? Is it possible that they haven't updated their website?

http://www.assembly.ca.gov/acs/acsframeset2text.htm

ArmedBear
09-07-2007, 9:13 PM
Message sent.

09-07-2007, 9:29 PM
Are you guys 100% sure it passed the Assembly? Is it possible that they haven't updated their website?

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/postquery?bill_number=ab_1471&sess=CUR&house=B&author=feuer

RRangel
09-07-2007, 9:41 PM
I just sent my email too. Hopefully it will do some good.

Now, who is the jerk that introduced this legislation, and what do we have to do to make that person fight for their political life come election time? I for one am personally ready to start writing checks to his or her political opponent. And I'll volunteer for the political campaign, too, if the district is anywhere near where I live.

That's assemblyman Mike Feuer formerly of the Los Angeles City council where he tried the same sort of anti-gun schemes. He's graduated to the bigger leagues and is trying to foist his plans on everyone.

http://democrats.assembly.ca.gov/members/a42/

jjperl
09-07-2007, 9:47 PM
Email Sent!!!

caduckgunner
09-07-2007, 9:52 PM
sent.

Sampachi
09-07-2007, 10:03 PM
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/postquery?bill_number=ab_1471&sess=CUR&house=B&author=feuer

Under current status it says:
LAST HIST. ACT. DATE: 09/06/2007
LAST HIST. ACTION : Read third time, passed, and to Assembly. (Ayes 21.
Noes 17.)

Librarian
09-07-2007, 10:14 PM

1471 is in the Assembly Daily File (http://www.assembly.ca.gov/defaulttext.asp) for Monday, Sept 10.
A.B. No. 1471—Feuer et al.
An act relating to firearms.
Vote required: 41
Sep. 6—Read third time, passed, and to Assembly. (Ayes 21. Noes 17.)
Sep. 7—In Assembly. Concurrence in Senate amendments pending.
May be considered on or after September 9 pursuant to Assembly Rule 77.
Legislative Counsel’s Digest
(Digest not available at time of publication.)

chico.cm
09-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Did I just spam the governator? (I used a form letter!)
Fingers crossed, holding breath...:(

spgk380
09-07-2007, 10:32 PM

My understanding is that for new guns to be added to the list of "not unsafe" guns, they must have the microstamping feature after 2009. Thus, you will still be able to buy most semiautomatic guns for many years past 2010. However, they will slowly drop off the list and won't be replaced with compliant guns. It could take 25 years I imagine for there to be no more guns available without all this crap.

StraightShooter
09-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Email sent

I have a feeling that gun makers are going to say to heck with California. I dont think it is worth it to them to have to microstamp handguns only for one state. It will creat much more labor and paperwork for them. I sure hope this gets vetoed.

tombinghamthegreat
09-07-2007, 10:54 PM
I sent it and i will make a few posts on other forums and myspace. The government will not disarm us...

signdude
09-07-2007, 10:56 PM
I just lurk around here every nite, but my message to Arnie is on it's merry way.

Charliegone
09-07-2007, 11:24 PM
Emailed Arnie already...damn hippes!:mad:

Scope
09-08-2007, 12:01 AM
I just sent my email. Boy, Cali is getting bad. This is just another reason to get out of here.

kevykev707
09-08-2007, 12:06 AM
i've sent an e-mail to the Governator. I will be passing the word along to my buddies urging them to do the same.

jumbopanda
09-08-2007, 12:27 AM
Sigh...email sent, planning on calling tomorrow.

CalNRA
09-08-2007, 12:37 AM
I sent it and i will make a few posts on other forums and myspace. The government will not disarm us...

just make us safer...from ourselves, one model of gun at a time.:sleeping:

stealthmode
09-08-2007, 12:45 AM
Email sent I wish I would of copied it I thought it was a pretty good letter.

cr500man
09-08-2007, 1:30 AM
email sent

lazyman
09-08-2007, 1:36 AM
well, I used to work for Sargent shriver's accountant ( I can't disclose the firm because he was confidential client). and him and maria are all antis, big time. I wouldn't be surprised if he sighned the bill.

cr500man
09-08-2007, 1:41 AM
Of course Maria is anti-gun, runs in the family. Arnold could go either way. If he dose veto ab1471, I bet she'll make him sleep on the couch for a few nights.

montan
09-08-2007, 2:12 AM
Prayers...
He did veto AB2714 last year.

I have a friend who is an assemblyman. I'm quite disappointed seeing his vote.

Here are some considerations:
NanoMark is a private company not specifically expert in firearm.
This company is the only source of this technology.
This technology has never been tested outside the lab.
It will make firearms expensive and unaffordable to people for sporting and personal home protection also to law enforcement officers. Thereby affecting taxpayers.
Ammunition will greatly increase in price making training for ordinary citizens and law enforcement officers extremely costly due to the fact that spent cartridge casings may not be reused and reloaded. This will also affect taxpayers.
Criminals can easily defeat it by simple tools.
Spent cartridge case can be picked up by criminals and defeat the system.
Criminals can use revolvers that does not eject the fired case.

BaronW
09-08-2007, 2:24 AM

I am a new voter, attending classes at UC Irvine. I am 19 years old and currently unsure of where I will spend my future. If you sign AB 1471 (microstamping) into law, my decision will be made far easier - I will take my UC bachelor's degree and leave the state.
Microstamping, unlike previous limitations on handgun sales, has no safety benefit to citizens. No firearms are currently available that comply with the regulations, and it would add considerable expense to an already-expensive means of self-protection. Furthermore, it is very prone to abuse - any gun owner who loses track of one ejected casing could find themselves framed for a crime. Lastly, while the average citizen will be restricted by purchasing guns with microstamping, criminals will continue to buy, sell, and trade older stolen weapons. Or they may simply disfigure "post-2010" handguns, removing the ability to stamp. I also imagine firing pins from out-of-state will be imported by those not concerned with the law.
I implore you to consider these arguments when AB 1471 is on your desk and veto it.

Sincerely,
BaronW'sRealName

So guns already on the "safe" list will stay on it, right?

The SoCal Gunner
09-08-2007, 4:06 AM
I wonder if PPTs of non-stamped guns will still be allowed. If so, all semi-automatic pistols in this state will artificially become a collectible.

Has anyone spoken to his office about his stance on this bill?

stevie
09-08-2007, 4:18 AM
Email sent

DedEye
09-08-2007, 4:56 AM
I wonder if PPTs of non-stamped guns will still be allowed. If so, all semi-automatic pistols in this state will artificially become a collectible.

Has anyone spoken to his office about his stance on this bill?

I was thinking the same thing.

Additionally, would this finally be enough to get some other gun manufacturers to follow Ronnie Barrett's lead and stop sales to California? Would that be enough to make this bill go away somehow?

hitnrun
09-08-2007, 6:46 AM
Forwarded and done.

I can't believe how much stupidity prevails in such a "civilized" society.:rolleyes:

.50DE
09-08-2007, 6:52 AM
I was thinking the same thing.

Additionally, would this finally be enough to get some other gun manufacturers to follow Ronnie Barrett's lead and stop sales to California? Would that be enough to make this bill go away somehow?

Naw, I'm sure some will jump in bed with this, *caugh S&W caugh*
Mostly this will just put us further out of touch from the rest of our free America

mecam
09-08-2007, 7:08 AM
So does this stupid technology stamp both the primer and the casing?

rg_1111@yahoo.com
09-08-2007, 7:56 AM
stamp's the primer By the firing pen.

fairfaxjim
09-08-2007, 8:07 AM

Until the ceramic firing pin breaks - which is reported to be pretty quickly. How do you get a new firing pin?? I guess since it is a serialized part of the firearm you have to DROS a new pin?? Will they include an extra replacement pin so you can continue to use your gun?? Only one company makes (or actually is ATEMPTING to make) this goofy stuff. Guess they can charge what they want for replacements.

Guess Iggy and crew will be crawling around ranges on their hands and knees collecting brass to check your microstamping. If you see Iggy under your range bench, say Hi for me!:mad:

Here is my email:

I strongly urge you to veto AB 1471, requiring handgun microstamping of fired casings. This legislation mandates the use of an unproven and unavailable technology in new handguns. Microstamping is not currently included in any gun manufactured anywhere in the world. Nobody anywhere, at any time has employed this technology outside of a laboratory. This technology has proven to be problematic even in laboratory conditions, with many malfunctions and durability issues.

While this bill purports to be in the interest of safety, the use of flawed technology in firearms is UNSAFE. This legislation will not improve safety or the ability of law enforcement to solve crimes.

Again, I urge you to veto AB1471.

Thank you,

Signed by ME

Satex
09-08-2007, 9:27 AM
Here is my email:

While this bill purports to be in the interest of safety, the use of flawed technology in firearms is UNSAFE.

How is this technology UNSAFE?
It is useless, but I haven't seen anything to suggest it REDUCES the safety of a firearm. Have you seen otherwise?

gmcal
09-08-2007, 9:38 AM
Where are you guys seeing this bill passed. This is the only info I can find:

LAST HIST. ACT. DATE: 09/07/2007
LAST HIST. ACTION : In Assembly. Concurrence in Senate amendments pending.
May be considered on or after September 9 pursuant to
Assembly Rule 77.

Centurion_D
09-08-2007, 9:49 AM
Where are you guys seeing this bill passed. This is the only info I can find:

Hmmm..Well that's what the fella who started this thread said it passed the assembly. You mean it's still in assembly?

Shane916
09-08-2007, 10:01 AM
http://www.californiaprogressreport.com/2007/09/california_sena_15.html

AB 1471 (Feuer) Gun Microstamping- Requires semiautomatic pistols to be equipped with microscopic identifying markings which are transferred to each cartridge case when the firearm is fired. The bill's sponsor is the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. It passed with the bare minimum 21 votes, all from Democratic Senators to 17 against. All 15 Republican Senators opposed the bill and were joined by 2 Democratic Senators, Lou Correa and Denise Ducheny. The bill heads back to the Assembly where it passed previously by a 44 to 31 vote.

If I understand this correctly it goes back to the Assembly rather then the Governator?

SemiAutoSam
09-08-2007, 10:02 AM
They are talking about this on the east coast board as well.

Maybe we can get them to send the e mails to Arnold also.

He doesn't need to know they aren't voters right ?

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24179

Shane916
09-08-2007, 10:04 AM
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24179

Some serious CA haters in there :(

SemiAutoSam
09-08-2007, 10:06 AM
This is true but from my past experience on that board a lot of them are sympathetic to our plight as they have similar problems themselves.

Some serious CA haters in there! :eek:

Shane916
09-08-2007, 10:08 AM
This is true but from my past experience on that board a lot of them are sympathetic to our plight as they have similar problems themselves.

True, some did seem concerned rather then just showing pure hatred as others forums do :)

Centurion_D
09-08-2007, 10:13 AM
True, some did seem concerned rather then just showing pure hatred as others forums do :)

They know that if it can happen here in commiefornia than it can happen anywhere. That's why some of them are concerned. Hell I believe there is even a effort in congress right now to introduce microstamping on a national level.

TonyM
09-08-2007, 10:13 AM

Yes, in that thread up to now, I didn't see one post that said "They should Move! (but not here)".

That woud've been posted 10 times on a couple other boards in as many posts. ;)

SemiAutoSam
09-08-2007, 10:21 AM
Here is my post on the thread on that board.

If anyone wants to suggest anything else that could help chime in.

Thanks
Sam

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=307250&postcount=44

elenius
09-08-2007, 10:52 AM

That's what I thought too. So at least we'd still be able to reload. This is bad enough anyway...

JesseXXX
09-08-2007, 10:55 AM
E-mail Sent

Pepper
09-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Email sent. Keep your fingers crossed...

VegasND
09-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Yes, in that thread up to now, I didn't see one post that said "They should Move! (but not here)".

That woud've been posted 10 times on a couple other boards in as many posts. ;)

I know I'm different, but I have no problem with you moving here. As long as you love freedom and want to maintain a lifestyle consistent with Constitutional values I feel you should be welcome anywhere in the US. It is the ones who leave a place because they can't stand the imposed limitations and then complain their new home should be more like the one they left.

Ran into a gun salesman from Chicago here in Vegas who extolled the virtues of gun control and outright lied about Nevada law. HE should be flushed right back to chi-town!

mecam
09-08-2007, 11:50 AM
The measure would require that, starting in 2010, every semiautomatic handgun sold in California would have to automatically ``microstamp'' each bullet cartridge in two locations as it is fired. The microscopic stamping would identify the gun's make, model and serial number.

Microstamping two locations... So that means the primer and the casing... What the hell can stamp the casing? This sucks!

hossb7
09-08-2007, 11:58 AM
email sent

MedSpec65
09-08-2007, 12:19 PM
Just sent it off with another request to veto the lead ammo ban.

Bad Voodoo
09-08-2007, 1:14 PM
I don't know how many members we have at Calguns, but I think this issue is important enough that 'The Management' may want to consider an emergency email broadcast to all members asking for their telephone and email support in contesting this gawd-awful legislation w/ the Governor.

If 'The Management' has relationships with other forum leadership-types, i.e., THR, etc., then perhaps it is also relaistic to ask for their support as well.

Thoughts?

-voodoo

Bad Voodoo
09-08-2007, 1:19 PM
If there is an infrastructure like that. Use it!

This is one of those times!

Spread it like fertilizer... deep and wide...

Sure there is. Pirate4x4 is using broadcast email to get the word out to their members re: CA trail closure legislation. I feel like I'm fighting these bastards on all fronts right now.

-voodoo

Liberty1
09-08-2007, 1:40 PM
sent

CavTrooper
09-08-2007, 1:56 PM
Ive emailed, and also passed this on to others so that they can email as well.

shark92651
09-08-2007, 2:18 PM
I've sent an email and will be calling his office on Monday. What a load of crap...

JMC760
09-08-2007, 2:32 PM
Emailed and will call first thing Monday morning.

virulosity
09-08-2007, 2:50 PM
Is it bad to send emails on behalf of your friends and neighbors? I sent around 10 :D

Racefiend
09-08-2007, 2:51 PM
Microstamping two locations... So that means the primer and the casing... What the hell can stamp the casing? This sucks!

I would assume the face of the ejector could imprint the info on the back of the case during ejection.

I'm going to hold back sending any emails until I know that the bill passed the assembly. Looks to be heresay at the moment.

Soundman
09-08-2007, 4:51 PM
Here is a link to the vote from the Assembly:

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/07-08/bill/asm/ab_1451-1500/ab_1471_vote_20070529_0356PM_asm_floor.html

Here is a link to the vote from the Senate
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/07-08/bill/asm/ab_1451-1500/ab_1471_vote_20070906_0419PM_sen_floor.html

I also intend on writing an email to everyone that voted yes and letting them know that they will not be getting my support on any upcoming elections

chris
09-08-2007, 4:53 PM
e-mail sent. keep working guys. I may send more this weekend just to fill up the e-mail que.

Soundman
09-08-2007, 5:15 PM
email sent

Now I am positive I am moving next year. My wife and I have been seriously debating it for a while now but when I mentioned this she just said "this state is F***ing crazy, we're moving"

Fjold
09-08-2007, 5:21 PM
Email sent and link forwarded to other gun owners that I know.

stangman86gt
09-08-2007, 5:25 PM
sent my email

Rivers
09-08-2007, 5:34 PM
email sent

Now I am positive I am moving next year. My wife and I have been seriously debating it for a while now but when I mentioned this she just said "this state is F***ing crazy, we're moving"

I can't argue the logic behind that decision! Unfortunately, don't kid yourself that other states won't follow CA's atrocious lead in passing their own microstamping laws. That's why we desperately need the Governor to veto this bill, before it becomes law.

And, we need to scream bloody murder to the legislators who voted for it, to the newspapers that pander to their stupidity, and to the gun industry and its consumers, to refuse to roll over. This is a "line in the sand" event.

Bizcuits
09-08-2007, 6:15 PM
I sent my email,

if you need help on ideas my copy of the email is below

Dear Governor,

I have sent this email in hopes you will consider a VETO of AB 1471 - Microstamping -

AB 1471 is an unfair burden on hundreds of thousands of gun owners who live and vote in California. The clearly unproven and easily defeated technology on which this bill is based will not prevent nor solve crime.

In actual reality, passage will have a negative effect on revenue brought into the state via sales, fees and will decrease funds available to the state departments.

Your action towards AB 1471 which now sits on your desk is an opportunity to garner the support of those who have voted for you in the past. As a strong supporter of your campaign I urge you to veto this Assembly Bill.

Thank you,
insert name

joe4702
09-08-2007, 7:09 PM
E-mail sent.
My prediction is Arnold vetos microstamping but signs the lead ammo ban.
It fits in with his recent emphasis on enviro issues. Its for the condors, of course :rolleyes:

69Mach1
09-08-2007, 7:39 PM
Here's my contribution.
Dear Governor Schwarzenegger. AB 1471 passed both the Senate and Assembly and now goes to your desk for approval / veto.This is the "bullet microstamping" legislation. I'd like to ask that you veto this ridiculously complicated and ineffectual piece of legislation. I can understand the need for law enforcement officials to have tools available to them to assist in solving crimes committed against Californians, but this technology is unproven and no safeguards exist to prevent mistakes and abuse. Furthermore, it only makes gun ownership for law abiding Californians that much more difficult and is in fact a way to ban more guns in this State. I hope that you once again veto another non common sense piece of gun legislation. Thank you.

GW
09-08-2007, 9:59 PM
Done as well.

arfan66
09-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Sent emails regarding both Bills.

Jeff

surprised
09-08-2007, 11:11 PM
I don't believe it is ready for the Governor.

Because the bill was amended in the Senate, it needs to be voted on again in the Assembly. Looks like it is scheduled for Monday, so calling your Assembly member early Monday (or fax/email now) might be useful.

It previously passed the Assembly with 44 votes, and they need 41. So we need to swing a few votes the other way.

surprised
09-08-2007, 11:31 PM
I just looked at the history of AB 352, from last year. In case you don't remember calling your representative about that bill, it was the microstamping bill introduced by Feuer's predecessor, Koretz.

That bill died after the Assembly refused to concur with the amendments from the Senate. So I hope to see a repeat. But don't assume it will happen again - let your Assembly member know your opinion.

milsurpshooter
09-09-2007, 2:15 AM
wolverines
numbers where are the numbers:willy_nilly:

eckerph
09-09-2007, 2:15 AM
E-mail sent.

milsurpshooter
09-09-2007, 2:17 AM
lets try to crash thier system with calls i got dibs on the name rusty shacklford. all humor aside if you could direct me to the numbers and i'll make me call. sorry if there right out in front of me and just to stupid to see them.

surprised
09-09-2007, 7:12 AM
if you could direct me to the numbers and i'll make me call.

While the http://leginfo.ca.gov site gives you all the info you need, the NRA has produced a nice summary of the phone info at the http://nramemberscouncils.com/legs/asm.shtml site.

Soundman
09-09-2007, 10:36 AM
I can't argue the logic behind that decision! Unfortunately, don't kid yourself that other states won't follow CA's atrocious lead in passing their own microstamping laws. That's why we desperately need the Governor to veto this bill, before it becomes law.

And, we need to scream bloody murder to the legislators who voted for it, to the newspapers that pander to their stupidity, and to the gun industry and its consumers, to refuse to roll over. This is a "line in the sand" event.

Oh don't worry I'm writing emails and making phone calls like the rest of you and I don't plan to stop after I move. I completely understand that laws like these will spread if not stopped. The passing of this law was just the straw that broke the camels back when it comes to us getting sick of Cali (Los Angeles in particular).

ShadowDeviant
09-09-2007, 12:08 PM
E-mail and Voted !
Added my .02 cents use the money for Health care reforms....

chunger
09-09-2007, 1:43 PM
wife sent a letter, working on another one from me. . . really need to put some pressure on.

38aht
09-09-2007, 4:03 PM
My Letter....

Sir, I ask you to please veto AB1741. Our country was founded on the principle that every man is free. Yet, everywhere I look today I see the erosion of personal freedom and the intrusion of government in every facet of our lives. AB1741 is an example of such intrusion. Law abiding citizens continually pay the price for those that will never care about laws. At some point when laws become so oppressive as to restrict the very liberty that we hold so dear then those laws are corrupt. I ask you not to sign this intrusive law. I ask you to consider the long term affects of such a law used to control the rights of citizens. I have family that served in the war for independence, Indian wars, the Civil War, My Great-Great grandfather was a Deputy U.S. Marshall in the Indian Territories, My Great Grand mother had 8 stars on her window during WW2. I learned to shoot from my Gunnery Sergeant Grand Father. The strength of this nation comes from those that are willing to serve it. We have long had an honorable tradition of self reliance often served by the firearms that we as Americans have been guaranteed the right to own since the beginning of this country. Our accounting on the battlefield has been served well by this fine tradition. I suspect any government which does not trust it's citizens to arm themselves legally. In California, my right to keep and bear arms is already seriously hampered by bad laws. Let's stop going down this road before it gets too late. Do your duty as a proud American and strike down this bad law. Vote no on AB1741

For your consideration,

Bad Voodoo
09-09-2007, 5:11 PM
My Letter....

Sir, I ask you to please veto AB1741. Our country was founded on the principle that every man is free. Yet, everywhere I look today I see the erosion of personal freedom and the intrusion of government in every facet of our lives. AB1741 is an example of such intrusion. Law abiding citizens continually pay the price for those that will never care about laws. At some point when laws become so oppressive as to restrict the very liberty that we hold so dear then those laws are corrupt. I ask you not to sign this intrusive law. I ask you to consider the long term affects of such a law used to control the rights of citizens. I have family that served in the war for independence, Indian wars, the Civil War, My Great-Great grandfather was a Deputy U.S. Marshall in the Indian Territories, My Great Grand mother had 8 stars on her window during WW2. I learned to shoot from my Gunnery Sergeant Grand Father. The strength of this nation comes from those that are willing to serve it. We have long had an honorable tradition of self reliance often served by the firearms that we as Americans have been guaranteed the right to own since the beginning of this country. Our accounting on the battlefield has been served well by this fine tradition. I suspect any government which does not trust it's citizens to arm themselves legally. In California, my right to keep and bear arms is already seriously hampered by bad laws. Let's stop going down this road before it gets too late. Do your duty as a proud American and strike down this bad law. Vote no on AB1741.

For your consideration,

It's AB1471.

-voodoo

38aht
09-09-2007, 5:24 PM
It's AB1471.

-voodoo

DUH!:banghead::banghead:

SgtBulldog
09-10-2007, 8:40 AM
Emailed and BTT

Can we make this a sticky?

smogcity
09-10-2007, 9:00 AM
Sent!

bruss01
09-10-2007, 9:22 AM
e-mailed Friday.

Faxed Saturday.

Today it goes in the snail-mail.

I hope he will get the message and make the right call.

Both myself and my wife have responded to this. We talked and agreed that if this passes, we are definitely leaving the state in the next 2 years.

armspin
09-10-2007, 9:23 AM
I'd like to be a fly on the wall, to see how all of the phone calls, emails, faxes and letters are presented to the Governor. Do his aides just make a tally and tell him "you got 1,406 'against 1471' and you got 11 'for 1471'"... or do they choose for him a few choice messages to actually read...? Or do they just print everything out, bind it, and give it to him as something to read after he's out of office? Then he's sitting by the pool in 2011 with a Mojito, reading along and then "oh pooey, I guess I should have vetoed that one, dangit"...?

bruss01
09-10-2007, 9:34 AM
I'd like to be a fly on the wall, to see how all of the phone calls, emails, faxes and letters are presented to the Governor. Do his aides just make a tally and tell him "you got 1,406 'against 1471' and you got 11 'for 1471'"... or do they choose for him a few choice messages to actually read...? Or do they just print everything out, bind it, and give it to him as something to read after he's out of office? Then he's sitting by the pool in 2011 with a Mojito, reading along and then "oh pooey, I guess I should have vetoed that one, dangit"...?

I asked that once when calling about another matter. According to the aide I talked to, he simply receives a tally at the end of the week. Obviously there is no way he has bandwidth to read 1000 e-mails, 500 faxes, 200 letters and still have any time to attend to the business of running the Governor's office. Since then I have put a lot less effort into the content of my messages, simply made it plain what I was writing about, a few salient points, and close by once again making my point in a bottom-line kind of way. Anything more is simply venting your feelings, it isn't really going to be read by anyone. Oh, maybe if the tone is beligerent it'll go into a pile for security to read thru to see if there are any overt "threats" that need following up. But those guys really won't care how much you hate a given bill, just whether or not you're planning harm to the Guv or his family.

If we really wanted to get noticed then we would start a "nuts" campaign like the fans of the show "Jericho" did to resurrect the cancelled show. 10,000 pounds of peanuts surely did get noticed. And maybe our state legislators would realize they were nuts to pass such a goofy bill.

The Brit
09-10-2007, 9:42 AM
Done.

Jack_Bauer
09-10-2007, 9:58 AM
E-mail sent, will try to fax and call this afternoon

XDshooter
09-10-2007, 10:15 AM
E-mail sent, will try to fax and call this afternoon

Same here.

Come on everyone, contact the gov.

mcubed4130
09-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Email sent.

-M3

Silverback
09-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Did you guys read the last revision of AB 1471? I found this -

"The microscopic array of characters required by this section
shall not be considered the name of the maker, model, manufacturer's
number, or other mark of identification, including any distinguishing
number or mark assigned by the Department of Justice, within the
meaning of Sections 12090 and 12094."
:D

Lets see - A finger nail file for the firing pin? How about a little valve lapping compound and a brush for the chamber? In ten minutes the numbers/markings will be gone.:D Anyone who has had any machine shop or metal shop in high school can handle this job quite proficiently.

And yes - its back to the Assembly.

Kestryll
09-10-2007, 12:14 PM
Call your Assemblyperson!!!

Lateralus
09-10-2007, 12:36 PM

just did. Keep up the good work people!!!

peepshowal
09-10-2007, 12:45 PM

Done this morning. Just sent e-mail to Governor also.

Rivers
09-10-2007, 1:13 PM
Here's the latest:

Whether a bill is on his desk or has been remanded back to the original legislative body to vote on amendments, the Governor's office does keep track of "sentiments" that come to his office. That scorecard is presented to him prior to his action on any pending legislation.

Between emails, faxes and letters, they all count. Faxes and letters carry more weight (literally and figuratively) than emails, apparently because since they took more effort to send, the sender is more dedicated to that position.

The staff does keep track of "talking points" so as you itemize your reasons for any action, it's best to keep them short and to the point. More than that is wasted effort better spent on getting your family, friends and associates to vocalize their political intentions.

Specific to AB1471 (microstamping), "there has been noticeable activity, mostly urging a veto." The office aide assumed that this was generated by the NRA. I suggested to him that the NRA has only sent a couple emails urging action, and that this may be more of a "grassroots" sentiment.

This last item somewhat bothers me. It seems all politicians think that any gun-related political activity they see is backed by the NRA. But what about all the gun enthusiasts who aren't members of the NRA? This may be a double-edged sword but should all those who aren't contacted by the NRA but, for example, came simply from Calguns.net, declare that?

So if you've emailed, great. Now send a fax. Talk to anyone who will listen and encourage political action to stop this madness. Here's the link:

http://gov.ca.gov/interact#contact

elenius
09-10-2007, 1:28 PM
Here's the latest:

Whether a bill is on his desk or has been remanded back to the original legislative body to vote on amendments, the Governor's office does keep track of "sentiments" that come to his office. That scorecard is presented to him prior to his action on any pending legislation.

Between emails, faxes and letters, they all count. Faxes and letters carry more weight (literally and figuratively) than emails, apparently because since they took more effort to send, the sender is more dedicated to that position.

The staff does keep track of "talking points" so as you itemize your reasons for any action, it's best to keep them short and to the point. More than that is wasted effort better spent on getting your family, friends and associates to vocalize their political intentions.

Specific to AB1471 (microstamping), "there has been noticeable activity, mostly urging a veto." The office aide assumed that this was generated by the NRA. I suggested to him that the NRA has only sent a couple emails urging action, and that this may be more of a "grassroots" sentiment.

This last item somewhat bothers me. It seems all politicians think that any gun-related political activity they see is backed by the NRA. But what about all the gun enthusiasts who aren't members of the NRA? This may be a double-edged sword but should all those who aren't contacted by the NRA but, for example, came simply from Calguns.net, declare that?

So if you've emailed, great. Now send a fax. Talk to anyone who will listen and encourage political action to stop this madness. Here's the link:

Does they count phone calls too? That shows the most dedication of all, I think, but it leaves no paper trail, so perhaps they are not counted?

Rivers
09-10-2007, 1:35 PM
the aide asked if I wanted to enter an opinion so I assume that counts as well. Since that function is part of the automated phone system, I did not (unfortunately) ask what weight a call had compared to the others.

Anthonysmanifesto
09-10-2007, 1:50 PM
Very frustrating.

some of the Dems have said things like "hiding behind the tired old 2nd amendment..."

so offensive!

RRangel
09-10-2007, 1:55 PM
Very frustrating.

some of the Dems have said things like "hiding behind the tired old 2nd amendment..."

so offensive!

Yes, as they hide right behind the tired old 1st amendment. They should be removed from office.

ARRRR-15
09-10-2007, 2:19 PM
So will they ban these next?

www.sherwoodakuna.com/brasscatcher.htm

Maybe this link should be sent to the Gov.

chris
09-10-2007, 2:22 PM
Phone line busy as of 2:22pm PST. Light the phone lines up guys. we can do it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kestryll
09-10-2007, 2:46 PM
Contact info and phone nubers available here:

Let's do it people!

jjperl
09-10-2007, 2:51 PM
which #'s or number should I call? I tried calling the governors office but its busy :)

paradox
09-10-2007, 4:16 PM
which #'s or number should I call? I tried calling the governors office but its busy :)

Call them all and keep calling till you get through.

otteray
09-10-2007, 7:06 PM
I've e-mailed the Guv twice and will call on the phone persistently tomorrow!
Everyone needs to be pro-active on this one!

09-10-2007, 7:15 PM
I sent an email and a letter out to the Govenator today!!! Short, simple, respectful and basically let him know where I stood on microstamping and gun control in general.

milsurpshooter
09-10-2007, 7:16 PM
just sent me email

Bizcuits
09-10-2007, 7:51 PM
Can someone give a brief summary of what they've said to the answering party when they call the governors office?

G17GUY
09-10-2007, 7:59 PM
"AB 1471 I'll be back"

"My body is like breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I don't think about it, I just have it."

Then Arnold replied to me by saying this...

"I have a love interest in every one of my films - a gun."

RRangel
09-10-2007, 8:27 PM
"I have a love interest in every one of my films - a gun."

Don't we wish.

Phantom_Piney
09-11-2007, 6:25 AM
Email Sent, now to make a few dozen phone calls to Arnold. :68:

FortCourageArmory
09-11-2007, 8:42 AM
Sent my e-mail. Keeping my fingers crossed that he vetos it.

JohnJW
09-11-2007, 10:31 AM
I just sent my email in as well. . . .

However, I am wondering if AB1471 passes would it be possible for someone to pickup spend casings from the local firing range and disburse them at the crime scene to mislead the police and use them to raise reasonable doubt in their own defense? Is this possible?

If it is, does it mean we'll have to account for own own brass at the firing range?

thanks,

John

tombinghamthegreat
09-11-2007, 10:34 AM
Yes because every bullet will have your information, so someone can just put a few casings at a crime scene and you could be charged for the crime. I sent a email.

69Mach1
09-11-2007, 10:56 AM
I think you meant the casings and primers will be stamped with identification marks. Yes, criminals who scatter a good quantity of similar brass at a crime scene that's tagged will at least stall the investigation. Until they determine the bullets didn't come from the same gun.

tombinghamthegreat
09-11-2007, 11:03 AM
Still someone may have to spend thousands and spend time in jail untill that is determined. In the end, it is a waist of time and money.

ar_123
09-11-2007, 11:05 AM
Is this an appropriate response? This is the e-mail that I sent after reading my NRA-ILA Alert. I would like some critique so that the next time I send an e-mail, I can try to make it more effective.

---

Governor Schwarzenegger-

I would like to strongly urge you to veto AB1471, the requirement for handguns to microstamp identifying information onto cartridges when fired.

This bill seriously threatens the rights of legitimate gun owners. This bill will severely restrict the handguns that can be owned by law abiding citizens because a large number of manufacturers will choose to ignore the California gun owner market, rather than implement expensive tooling in an already low-profit margin production space.

While I agree that the misuse of firearms is a serious problem and we need to have methods of tracing these weapons, this particular bill does not help in this pursuit. The guns will be traced back to their rightful owners and the law enforcement community will have an excellent record of who the guns were originally stolen from. The statistics bear out that people just do not take their legitimately owned and registered handgun and go commit crimes with them.

So basically, this bill is a further attempt at restricting the rights of law abiding citizens while doing nothing intelligent to address the problem of keeping the guns away from criminals. I for one would like to live in a society where I don't have to give up my rights because an ignorant (albeit noisy) few are scared without reason of what the informed consider to be a tool.

Thank you for your attention.

-K

davedog665
09-11-2007, 11:17 AM
email sent

What Just Happened?
09-11-2007, 11:36 AM

WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?

+1 to the poor college student. I just started in the shooting hobby and already the government's trying push me out of it.

But yeah, how will this affect the whole reloading thing? I was hoping on doing that to assuage the cost of ammunition.

sobiloff
09-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Cripes, I just called and went through their touch tone menu system. There are menu options to provide input on selling kangaroo parts and rights for sperm donors, but nothing for AB1471. From that I infer that the Governor's office believes that more people care about kangaroo parts than their second amendment rights. Can you believe it? (Oh, right, this *is* California. :)

[sigh]

kb1
09-11-2007, 11:58 AM
e-mail sent to the Governor.

bwiese
09-11-2007, 12:01 PM
Please, all should see "Call the Governor - win a Saiga of Significance" thread.

Keep calling. Save your phone bills, see what you might be able to win!

Draven
09-11-2007, 1:42 PM
Here's my email to the gov....

I am writing to ask that you veto AB 1471, a.k.a the Microstamping bill. Why?

1: A study conducted by U.C. Davis has shown that a simple tool file, available at any hardware store, can remove the identifying markers that are left by the stamp. Criminals often remove the weapon's serial number when they use it to commit a crime, which is a direct violation of a Federal law, why would a State law dealing with the microstamp be any different?

2: The study also showed that regular use of the firearm will eventually make the marks unreadable, and thus useless- and citizens that have and regularly use a firearm and do not know this can be technically in violation of the law without their knowing it. And after the firearm has been used by a certain number of criminals, the microstamp would be unreadable, making the entire microstamping effort useless.

3: The technology for microstamping is at this point a single-source technology. The use of this technology in this state has been championed by both the previous and current Assembly representative from West Hollywood. If the bill gets passed, in order to sell their handguns in this state, handgun manufacturers will have to buy the equipment necessary to inscribe the microstamp onto the firearm from this single vendor.

4: Many handgun manufacturers- even premium handgun manufacturers that make fine firearms that are considered good enough to be used by law enforcement all over the state- have stated in no uncertain terms that if Microstamping passes in California, they will simply allow all of their Safe Handgun List firearms to expire, and will no longer do business in California. Of course, law enforcement is exempted from the microstamping requirements, but these vendors may well choose to not sell their handguns to anyone in California, including law enforcement. Barret Firearms, a rifle manufacturer, has already done so- they will not sell or service any law enforcement owned firearm that cannot be owned by the citizens of this state.

5: If a criminal chooses to do so, they can cause a great confusion at the scene of a crime simply by grabbing a handful of expended brass at a firing range, bearing the microstamps of the handguns they were fired from, and dropping it on the ground at a crime scene. Then there will be microstamps from a half-dozen firearms at the scene, including firearms that are registered to law-abiding citizens. This will mean that law enforcement investigators will end up wasting the publics time and money by making inquiries into the whereabouts and activities of innocent citizens.

6: If a criminal uses a revolver, they will leave no ejected cartridge cases at the scene. If they use a revolver AND do as stated in item 5, then ALL of the law enforcement inquiries based on the microstamping evidence left at the scene would be wasted.

Thank you for your time, Governor, and I hope you will veto AB 1471.

bruss01
09-11-2007, 3:22 PM
Cripes, I just called and went through their touch tone menu system. There are menu options to provide input on selling kangaroo parts and rights for sperm donors, but nothing for AB1471. From that I infer that the Governor's office believes that more people care about kangaroo parts than their second amendment rights. Can you believe it? (Oh, right, this *is* California. :)

[sigh]

I don't know what the criteria is for making that list, maybe 1471 is too "new" (just passed final assembly vote yesterday) to have made the list already.

My wife and I both called (separately) on our lunch breaks today. The staffer we both talked to said "Oh yeah, that bill's a piece of garbage..." I said "Oh, so I see you're familiar with the bill then..." :) So I took about 1.5 minutes of his time, stated that I was opposed to the bill, and that I was requesting that the Governor veto the bill. He said my comments would be relayed to the Governor. A very nice conversation. Let's hope it does some good. We are mailing snail-mail letters tonight, having already called, emailed and faxed. Keep it going folks.

fred40
09-11-2007, 3:49 PM
e-mail has been sent.

chris
09-11-2007, 6:06 PM
ok guys and gals now that the bill is on it's way to the Gov. Lets show him again that we are a force to be wreckoned with. I would like for everyone here like Mr. Weise's post to send letters to the gov. I'm not starting any contest. But I want everyone to flood his office with mailbags full of letters Opposing the bill.

WE CAN DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!

scattered_x
09-11-2007, 6:52 PM
Call, email, letter...DONE.

WokMaster1
09-11-2007, 7:40 PM
Faxed, letter & emailed.

bwiese
09-11-2007, 7:42 PM
Rinse, lather and repeat Boys!

That cellphone you have - you can call all 5-6 offices morning, afternoon, evening. Driving to/from work, sitting on the can, etc.

Everyone here can figure out how to make a dozen calls a day. Use those free minutes on your cell, why let 'em rollover?

I wanna give that Saiga away, dammit! (see my stickied 'Call the Gov - win a Saiga' post)

resistor
09-11-2007, 9:09 PM
Email sent. Its not much, I know. Maybe I'll send some more emails tomorrow. Besides my local rep, who else can I pester?

mecam
09-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Guys, call this # 916-445-2841 and oppose AB1471 by pressing #2. Becareful NOT to press #1 for approve. So call now from as many as different phone lines and remember option #2 to oppose.

chris
09-11-2007, 10:15 PM
letter going out tommorrow and a couple over the next couple of days. i may send 5 or 6 before i go on my hunting trip.

hipoint.nut
09-11-2007, 11:07 PM
I made my calls. Man I hope this doesn't pass.

Archenemy550
09-12-2007, 1:18 AM
e-mail.... check
call..... check
snail mail.... check
fax..... MIA

Prc329
09-12-2007, 8:27 AM
Calls made and continue to be made. Email is typing now.

Prc329
09-12-2007, 1:00 PM
Man, we must be lighting up the phones. I have ben getting a busy signal for the last hour or so.

Kestryll
09-12-2007, 1:04 PM
09/12/07 13:03 Busy Signal

Still trying.

Centurion_D
09-12-2007, 1:11 PM
Can the keep track of the phone calls? What I mean is could you call multiple times to vote veto at the govs office?

bruss01
09-12-2007, 2:10 PM
Can the keep track of the phone calls? What I mean is could you call multiple times to vote veto at the govs office?

Dunno. I called from 3 different phones this morning and used the touch-tone system in addition to having called and spoken to a live human being yesterday. Looks like they have moved this to the top of the list! I hope it is ringing off the hook!

Toolbox X
09-12-2007, 4:03 PM
This is so important. We are making a huge difference here. Call right now! You don't have to speak to anyone. This takes 20 seconds.

CALL Gov's Sac number (916-445-2841)

Press 1 - for English
Press 2 - for Voice your opinion on Assembly Bills
Press 1 - for Micro Stamping Bill (AB1471)
Press 2 to OPPOSE the gun control bill.

That's it! I repeat, you do not need to speak to anyone.

REDHORSE
09-12-2007, 4:28 PM
I have called from every phone I have the other day. Just pass the info/instructions to everyone (Pro 2nd) you know. ;)

bulgron
09-12-2007, 4:28 PM
This is so important. We are making a huge difference here. Call right now! You don't have to speak to anyone. This takes 20 seconds.

Press 1 - for English

I've been trying to call that number since around noon today, but it's been consistently busy.

I hope it's all the people outraged by AB1471 that's clogging up that phone line....

AJAX22
09-12-2007, 4:33 PM
I'll call from the wife's cellphone when she gets back from work..

Liberty1
09-12-2007, 4:34 PM
I've been trying to call that number since around noon today, but it's been consistently busy.

I hope it's all the people outraged by AB1471 that's clogging up that phone line....

I just took me 4 tries with redial to get through.

Librarian
09-12-2007, 4:35 PM
Just got through - luck of the dial, timing, whatever...

C.G.
09-12-2007, 4:37 PM
Dunno. I called from 3 different phones this morning and used the touch-tone system in addition to having called and spoken to a live human being yesterday. Looks like they have moved this to the top of the list! I hope it is ringing off the hook!

Did that and e-mail.

bwiese
09-12-2007, 4:39 PM
Dial once with caller ID (usually default for most folks' phones/lines).
Dial again with "star-6-7" before number to suppress Caller ID.

Rinse, lather, repeat for each governor's office throughout the state.

Pleasantly encouraged with the prospect of busy signals and the fact 1471 is currently at the top of the list.
(Please do not assume it continues to stay there, do pay attention and follow the prompts!)

AJAX22
09-12-2007, 4:55 PM
I'm getting through too easily guys.. step it up

mydangpleeze
09-12-2007, 4:58 PM
Done and done. :cool:

AJAX22
09-12-2007, 5:00 PM
Done and done. :cool:

with the *67 prefix you're never done, it will keep logging your opinion infinitly

carsonwales
09-12-2007, 5:16 PM

Press 1 - for English

Look over here......

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=68926

Black_Talon
09-12-2007, 5:39 PM
Man, we must be lighting up the phones. I have ben getting a busy signal for the last hour or so.

Yeah, me too. Started trying to call around noon, finally got through just before 3:00. In between attempts, I called several of the local offices and talked to a live person at each.

carsonwales
09-12-2007, 5:48 PM
Yeah, me too. Started trying to call around noon, finally got through just before 3:00. In between attempts, I called several of the local offices and talked to a live person at each.

I faxed this to 32 gun shops and ranges in Northern California staring around 13:00.....

http://www.headsuptrading.com/ar/attention.pdf

If any of you Southern California folks could get this out to your local shops tomorrow it would really help.

http://www.headsuptrading.com/ar/ab1471.jpg

joe_sun
09-12-2007, 6:01 PM
I just called and made it on the first try.

Bizcuits
09-12-2007, 6:06 PM
I just called at 6:05pm PST, call went right through wasn't busy. Hit 1212 just like was posted, talked to no one.

M. Sage
09-12-2007, 6:08 PM
It's busy again. I just called in.

Zebra
09-12-2007, 6:27 PM
Star-6-7 worked for me.

Frank

otteray
09-12-2007, 7:03 PM
Redial worked fine for me.
It's very convenient to have Micro Stamping Bill (AB1471) as the first choice!

pnkssbtz
09-12-2007, 7:13 PM
Just hit it up with 5 of my business lines + Cell.

I also made a little flyer for my pro-gun coworkers to call too.

Trying some more lines but getting a busy signal. Keep at it guys, our issue is now #1!

bulgron
09-12-2007, 7:49 PM
Erm, isn't the fact that you're all talking about your multiple dial ins on a public forum just diluting the response? I mean, if Arnold looks at those numbers and decides that only 1/5 of the "cons" were valid ....

sunborder
09-12-2007, 7:54 PM
We called from 2 different phones (me & daughter). Email sent.

Librarian
09-12-2007, 8:33 PM
Erm, isn't the fact that you're all talking about your multiple dial ins on a public forum just diluting the response? I mean, if Arnold looks at those numbers and decides that only 1/5 of the "cons" were valid ....
I've been wondering about that, too. Obviously silence will not get that bill vetoed. But how will what we do send be weighed?

Suppose supporters and opponents both were 'gaming' the phone system. Then we'd have something like the online polls at newspaper sites - worthless results contributing only to advertising rates for the site. Now, since the state isn't selling advertising, all we are left with is 'worthless results'.

Suppose only ONE side is gaming the system. Then the OTHER side 'loses'. The response-counters in the Governor's office see "thewillathepeeple" expressed in phone calls, presuming the count matches the predispositions of the staffer seeing the counts.

Suppose I fax the Governor every day until he vetoes or signs the bill (which I plan to do). Do I count as one person against, or 35? I sign my faxes; my real phone number is collected by the remote fax machine; my faxes can be grouped into a pile, I guess.

Maybe each distinct communication, without concern for origin, is counted equally.

Unique senders/callers would seem to be the measure that makes some sense. I can't claim any inside knowledge here; I have no idea whether 'sense' enters into this part of the campaign.

Since the G's office isn't saying, it looks like 'flood' has to be the tactic, so call and email and fax and write away!

Bizcuits
09-12-2007, 8:47 PM

I've been curious of the same, I kinda came to the conclusion of "the squeeky wheel, gets the grease."

Doesn't matter if your gaming the system or not, what matters if your voicing your opinion.

I myself won't be calling 100 times a day... but I will however call once a day and voice my opinion. Why? Not to game the system, but to show I'm more then just a concerned citizen voter who will speak once and shutup, but a citizen voter who will kick and scream like a child :D

jjperl
09-12-2007, 9:29 PM
wow that was really easy. Also, if you are calling more than once please keep it to yourselves.

WokMaster1
09-12-2007, 9:32 PM
I've been wondering about that, too. Obviously silence will not get that bill vetoed. But how will what we do send be weighed?

Suppose supporters and opponents both were 'gaming' the phone system. Then we'd have something like the online polls at newspaper sites - worthless results contributing only to advertising rates for the site. Now, since the state isn't selling advertising, all we are left with is 'worthless results'.

Suppose only ONE side is gaming the system. Then the OTHER side 'loses'. The response-counters in the Governor's office see "thewillathepeeple" expressed in phone calls, presuming the count matches the predispositions of the staffer seeing the counts.

Suppose I fax the Governor every day until he vetoes or signs the bill (which I plan to do). Do I count as one person against, or 35? I sign my faxes; my real phone number is collected by the remote fax machine; my faxes can be grouped into a pile, I guess.

Maybe each distinct communication, without concern for origin, is counted equally.

Unique senders/callers would seem to be the measure that makes some sense. I can't claim any inside knowledge here; I have no idea whether 'sense' enters into this part of the campaign.

Since the G's office isn't saying, it looks like 'flood' has to be the tactic, so call and email and fax and write away!

I highly doubt that the staffers there have an agenda to spot something suspicious. Since they are at the lowest level of the totem pole & their job is to answer phones & take calls from the Gov's constituents, their agenda is to move up & last time I checked, nobody is moving up if they rock the boat. So just shut up & do your job attitude is the way to success in the political field. Let the politicians do the talking.

signed,
Wokmaster1, wokmaster, wok, wokky, wokki, themaster, etc, etc.:p

ShadowDeviant
09-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Called!!

phobos512
09-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Called and emailed.

tenpercentfirearms
09-12-2007, 11:20 PM
I just made three calls.

Should I put the phone number and instructions on the board tomorrow and give the students 5 extra credit points for calling on their cell phones in class? :43:

Tweak338
09-12-2007, 11:40 PM
Should I put the phone number and instructions on the board tomorrow and give the students 5 extra credit points for calling on their cell phones in class? :43:

Do it!

8 calls right now.
gotta find more phones..

DrjonesUSA
09-13-2007, 8:49 AM
I called and spoke with an actual human yesterday morning.

Lazy asses don't even start answering the phones until 9am. Must be nice. :rolleyes:

Just called TWICE this morning and had to try several times as it was busy. I hope that is all of YOU GUYS lighting up their phones!!!! Keep up the great work!!!

Just a thought: they probably have caller ID to monitor what numbers are calling; what area codes, see if the same people are calling multiple times, etc.

In that case, it isn't a bad idea to call from multiple numbers. For example; I called from my home office line, home line, and am about to call from my cell phone.

I suggest you all do the same.

For those of you who are more ambitious, I strongly recommend you actually speak to a human and voice your opinon, politely of course.

Keep up the great work!!!!

The_Fonz
09-13-2007, 9:15 AM
called and emailed

Waldog
09-13-2007, 9:39 AM
I called on my cell phone. My wife called on her cell phone. My oldest daughter called on her cell phone. My middle daughter called on her cell phone. My son called on his cell phone. I called on the house phone.

xrMike
09-13-2007, 9:48 AM
Called 3 times several minutes apart, busy signal every time.

Bimmerworld
09-13-2007, 9:55 AM
Called from my cell and my desk a moment ago. Went straight through.

DrjonesUSA
09-13-2007, 9:57 AM
Called 3 times several minutes apart, busy signal every time.

I'm proud to say that I contributed to the busy signal you experienced. :D :D :D

scoobysnax
09-13-2007, 9:59 AM
My call went straight through at 9:59 am.

artthestampede
09-13-2007, 10:05 AM
alrite i called and voiced my opinions

acousticmood
09-13-2007, 10:16 AM
Got through on redial.

Just curious - does the lead bullet ban bill show up on the same phone number?

Sarkoon
09-13-2007, 10:30 AM
I called and voted. I'm also passing this around the office to all other 2A supporters. (each employee has a unique caller-id number on outgoing calls)

Kestryll
09-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Called again, calling daily from home, work, cell and any other phone I can co-opt for a few moments.

joe4702
09-13-2007, 11:36 AM
Called and snail-mailed. Got my brother to call also. Keep it up.

Sampachi
09-13-2007, 11:53 AM
I ended up calling last night from two phones. It was easier to get through at 10:30pm.

bruss01
09-13-2007, 11:54 AM
called from my home phone
called from my desk phone at work
called from my work cell phone
called from my personal cell phone
Wife called from HER cell phone

We're good for a five count here...

I'm assuming they have a source filter, limiting to one response per phone, otherwise it would be too easy to build a "bot" to just make the call over and over and skew the results. If not, then they can't consider the online touch-tone system a valid feedback source.

AYEAREFIFTEEN
09-13-2007, 12:11 PM
7 lines, 7 calls.

chris
09-13-2007, 12:32 PM
i'm snail mailing more letters today and sending more when i get home. we have 30 days right? lets fill up the mail bags to the governor and let him kno what we all think.

carsonwales
09-13-2007, 12:34 PM
Called again, calling daily from home, work, cell and any other phone I can co-opt for a few moments.

I wonder if the 55 Faxes to Ranges and Gun Shops from Eureka to San Diego detailing the dialing instructions has generated any traffic...

Hope so...

Fjold
09-13-2007, 12:40 PM
Hey, I keep getting a busy signal and I still have 32 more lines to go.

chris
09-13-2007, 12:45 PM
in my letters i'm sending i have added in bold red text VETO AB1471 and the same for AB821. i hope that this gets someones attention that we want this bill veteod!!!!

light up the phones guys and mail him too. calling again.

bwiese
09-13-2007, 12:50 PM
Folks, be prepared.

That 30 days could be 2 days or it could be the full 30. We dunno.

WE HAVE TO KEEP AT THIS AND NOT DROP OFF UNTIL WE KNOW RESULT.

It's also important to remember that phone calls are very important for the "now" aspect, but a pile of mail in the mailbox has staying power.

Davidwhitewolf
09-13-2007, 1:52 PM
I've been sick as a dog with the flu, but I crawled out of bed for this one. Did the cell and the landline. Tomorrow I'll do it again at the office.

DedEye
09-13-2007, 2:47 PM
I sent the one click email earlier this week and just got off the phone from calling. Everyone must call, hopefully we can influence his opinion.

eydaimon
09-13-2007, 2:49 PM
I hope someone posted a similar message on glocktalk.com and other forums?