PDA

View Full Version : The XCR

XCRmonger
09-11-2007, 10:42 AM
Hello, Terra with Robinson Armament here.

If you would like to buy a California XCR, you can go about it by contacting our distributor. You can contact our man Chris, of Lan World, (located here in Sandy, UT). He knows almost all the dealers in CA, and can get you the gun you want. We would really like to sell more guns to the guys in Cali. So, if you would like to place an order , here's what you need to do. Contact Chris at 801-878-4880

you can email him at:

cbieling@lanworldinc.com

Like I said before, we would really like to get sales going in California. If you would like a brochure, you can call or email a request to me.

terra.robarm@gmail.com

You can also visit our website at http://www.robarm.com

http://www.robarm.com/XCR-Shorty-Nice.gif

Beatone
09-11-2007, 10:50 AM
Wow, sounds good to me. Thanks for helping CA. :cool:

NSR500
09-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Thank you for supporting Californians!

Fjold
09-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Well you certainly know how to get our attention. Welcome and thanks for offering.

P.S. I really like that you offer the California options on your webpage.

rssslvr
09-11-2007, 12:31 PM
I have heard that you guys may do one more run of M96s with the remaining parts,is this true?And what about parts availablity for M96 owners?Any plans to produce parts for them,atleast the parts that are most subject to wear?

XCRmonger
09-11-2007, 1:49 PM
We would really like to do some more M96s, as well as have some more parts made. We do have a few parts in inventory, but we don't like to part with them. If you have something that is broken, we'll be happy to replace it.
You're looking at about 6 months to even a year before the M96 thing gets functional. We're already overstrung and a little short on staffing, so it's something we can't handle at the moment. Alex has been talking about sending out anywhere from 200-500 more guns, and having a surplus of parts made. We'll have a more concrete answer in the future. You have to keep in mind that each M96 takes 2 hours of welding.... It's a major project. We do appreciate suggestions and would like to know what kind of options you are interested in. Feel free to email me suggestions.

cntrolsguy
09-11-2007, 7:58 PM
I already have purchased and XCR from Chris and I love it, great rifle. Any chance Robarms will ever sell stripped lowers so we can store away in case there is another ban & build up later.

Thanks

resistor
09-11-2007, 9:16 PM
I applaud any gun maker that will make, market, and sell to this state, and while I personally believe we ought to have C3 here like most other states, putting the pic of that SBR up is just about the biggest tease Ive ever seen. Phooey!

USP4me
09-12-2007, 7:31 AM
Can you post a pic or two of the heavy barrel? I'd like to see what it looks like.

69Mach1
09-12-2007, 8:00 AM
Welcome to the forum and thanks for helping out. What happened to the Veprs though?

thmpr
09-12-2007, 10:33 AM
XCR,
Are you being hassled by the DOJ since posting? Or are you in the same mind state/business practice as Barret Firearms which refuse to service or sell to any CA LE agency? Which I commend and applaud! The main reason why I am asking is because I don't want to see another mfg. change their mind on selling to CA because of their scare tactics which we all know has no legal grounds.

Thanks!

soopafly
09-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Welcome to the forum and thanks for helping out. What happened to the Veprs though?

I second that...got Veprs?

XCRmonger
09-12-2007, 12:50 PM
Can you post a pic or two of the heavy barrel? I'd like to see what it looks like.

I don't have any pictures of those right now... But I'll bring my camera to work sometime and take some.

XCRmonger
09-12-2007, 12:51 PM
XCR,
Are you being hassled by the DOJ since posting? Or are you in the same mind state/business practice as Barret Firearms which refuse to service or sell to any CA LE agency? Which I commend and applaud! The main reason why I am asking is because I don't want to see another mfg. change their mind on selling to CA because of their scare tactics which we all know has no legal grounds.

Thanks!

We haven't really been hassled yet. We have no problem selling guns to Cali, and as long as we follow the rules, things should be just fine. We have no intention of ceasing shipments.

XCRmonger
09-12-2007, 12:52 PM
As for the VEPR questions.... the company we were importing from was bought by someone else. The new owners have been busy building other factories, etc., and have refused to do business with us. I guess they're too busy. Whatever the case... We have tried and tried to get them to sell us more guns, but to no avail. It looks like a grim future for those wanting one. If something changes in the future, we may import some more. Until then.... it's a waiting game.

thmpr
09-12-2007, 1:06 PM
Based on your support for us Cali gun owners, I urge everyone to support XCR and Lan World Inc.

Thanks for the heads up. Will definately buy an XCR in the 6.8 version. Will you offer a 6.5 Grendel?

XCRmonger
09-12-2007, 3:17 PM
Haven't heard anything about a 6.5 Grendel.. .you'd have to ask Alex about that one. zdf@robarm.com
We will be doing the 7.62 conversion kits here in about a year, though.

thedrickel
09-12-2007, 3:27 PM
7.62x39 or 51 or 54R?

XCRmonger
09-12-2007, 3:32 PM
7.62x39

CALI-gula
09-12-2007, 4:37 PM
....We're already overstrung and a little short on staffing, so it's something we can't handle at the moment.

Well, if you can give me a position within the company at about $75,000 a year (should be right for Utah, but that is a pay-cut for me) I'll sell my home in CA, relocate to Utah, and start anew. I am well-rounded, very versatile - I am an innovative artist, forward thinking designer, creative marketing and market analysis genius, and good businessman all around. Highly advanced knowledge of history and mechanical engineering of firearms. Anything I don't know how to do, I adapt quickly and in short time, become one of the best you'll ever meet at that task - no matter what it is. I can hammer out accounting issues while MIG welding up a motorcycle frame, and switch to die-grinding in my spare time.

Hire me. I'm looking to start a completely new career, plus I've always been a big fan of Robinson Armament. Just who do you need up there?

This used to be my Avatar - my two M96s:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e218/CALI-gula/M96.jpg

kolob
09-12-2007, 6:10 PM
I just thought I'd poke my head in here. Terra's doing a great job. I just wanted to clarify a few things.

We want to support CA as much as we can. I just wanted to clear some things up. We were daring enough to ship M96s to CA during your ban of the other rifles. The DOJ busted one of your CA dealers and actually confiscated some M96s. They later admitted they were wrong.

Even after they admitted they were wrong and I got a letter, many of the dealers down in CA didn't order M96s. They should have ordered them by the boat loads. I feel the dealers in CA let us down.

The XCR is the best rifle you can buy. It's better than any rifle based on the Stoner or the AK.

If you guys keep sinking your money into AR-15's even piston driven ones, you're throwing good money away after bad. I still see a lot of that H&K roller bolt crap selling for big money in CA. Don't waste your money.

I try to answer each and every technical or product question. My personal address is zdf@robarm.com. Please feel free to contact me.

The XCR will be shooting 3 to 4 calibers by the years end.

Also, we want to make another run of M96s because we get so many calls for them. In any event, we're going to make some more barrels and other parts shortly. We have in stock all parts to keep M96s running. We do not sell these parts so that we'll have plenty to support our customers should they break a part, etc.

As for the VEPRs. The new people running the Molot plant also own the bigger Izhmash (which makes the Saiga). They don't like me to much because they think I slammed the Saiga with our "Don't buy Kalashnicrap" ads.

Also, the Molot factory did not support us well for years. We had to beg them for spare parts. Some of the spares they refused to sell us. We paid a lot for the VEPRs and made sure it was a quality product.

In any event, the XCR has features no other rifle has in one package. The short list goes something like this.

* Quick change barrel, which doesn't need re-zeroing.
* Multiple Caliber Capable. 5.56, 6.8, 7.62x39 (waiting for mags.); 6.5 and .300/221 in prototyping.
* Accurate,
* More Durable,
* More Reliable,
* Best Ergonomics anywhere,
* Built in Rail system parallel with bore (also handguard area is properly sized).

Sincerely,

Alex J. Robinson
Manager
Robinson Armament Co.

Beatone
09-12-2007, 6:38 PM
All I can say is Yummy!

Ps I have two M96's and there great.

dwtt
09-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Wow! This is such a refreshing contrast to another company in Maryland that pulled back an in-transit shipment of self loading .223 lower receivers.

rssslvr
09-12-2007, 11:12 PM
All I can say is Yummy!

Ps I have two M96's and there great.

Yep I love my M96 too,probably my favorite .223 I own.Just wish there were more accesories for them

SVRider
09-12-2007, 11:41 PM
I had chance to pick up both at Ades a while back....

The XCR was nice....but the M96 felt great! Better balance and "feel" than any AR i've picked up....I hesitated....and next thing I knew, it was gone. My loss (as it had a locked mag, pistol grip and two sets of stocks, black and green).....

You know that feeling that you made a terrible mistake???

kolob
09-13-2007, 4:46 AM
I hope to make another run of M96s if there are enough interested. The problems with the M96 were mostly ergonomic. One the rails and everything else were added, it was too heavy. We really couldn't make it do everything we wanted. We were able to do all and more with the XCR.

In the next two months, I'll get the M96 website straightened up and get some surveys going to see what people want.

Thanks for your support.

Sincerely,

Alex J. Robinson
Manager
Robinson Armament Co.

CALI-gula
09-13-2007, 12:38 PM
... In any event, the XCR has features no other rifle has in one package. The short list goes something like this.

* Quick change barrel, which doesn't need re-zeroing.
* Multiple Caliber Capable. 5.56, 6.8, 7.62x39 (waiting for mags.) ...

Sincerely,

Alex J. Robinson
Manager
Robinson Armament Co.

Well, it's inevitable that I will buy an XCR - just have too much going on elsewhere with the wallet, and just bought a very nice DSA FAL last week, and another rifle in .308, (which I plan to post pics this weekend). I've been carrying an appetite for .308 lately as I have so much in .223. There are few if any rifles I'm looking to buy in .223 right now, but of all of them, the XCR tops my list as the ONLY one to get, and will likely buy in coming months/weeks.

If you release that 7.62X39 soon, I may make a move sooner to call Chris at LAN and jump at that instead. ;)

rssslvr
09-13-2007, 12:48 PM
In the next two months, I'll get the M96 website straightened up and get some surveys going to see what people want.

Thanks for your support.

Sincerely,

Alex J. Robinson
Manager
Robinson Armament Co.

M96 belt fed kit please:43:

I do want an XCR and it is on my too get list but would probably pick up another M96 if you guys do do another run(this time with the long gas system)and maybe a bren kit if you guys make some of those too.I love you products and I prefer my M96 over all my ARs.

JellyTheory
09-13-2007, 3:54 PM
I've been thinking about purchasing an XCR as well.

With sooo much interest in the XCR, should we try and set up a group buy to help get all the people that are "on the fence" in a buying mood? :)

-Chris

SFV_Dealer
09-14-2007, 10:23 AM
Metroshot has 2 XCR 5.56mm instock!
California compliant w/ 30/10 mag & mag lock installed.
Check them out this Saturday as they will sell out quickly!!
PS: Alex, we need more !

tiger222
09-17-2007, 12:19 PM
Alex

I think its awesome a MFG is doing this.

Are you ever going to come out with 1/7 twist light or heavy barrels for the XCR? It would be very cool to have a precision rifle that could be changed into a lightweight carbine in a few minutes.... also what kind of accuracy does one get with your current heavy bbl?

Thanks!

shango
09-20-2007, 8:04 AM
I like the group buy idea. Hope a good organizer jumps on that one.

Sam Hainn
09-20-2007, 9:47 AM
I like the group buy idea. Hope a good organizer jumps on that one.

Chris at LAN World has done group buys in the past. I'd be up for one through him as he handled other group buys professionally & with ease. and you can trust him too.