PDA

View Full Version : Big Bite at Cortez Bank

Californio
09-10-2007, 1:27 PM
Heard the Albacore are going at it on the bank. Boat yesterday pulled in 350 in 4 hours.

MadMex
09-10-2007, 3:03 PM
Damn. My dad’s heading out tomorrow on a charter. Wish I was also going!

thomye
09-10-2007, 3:16 PM
is the surf breaking too?

place is good for fishing and waves. :) damn, i need to get there.

Californio
09-10-2007, 4:10 PM
Well my buddies are leaving at 2330 hours tonight, of course I can't go because girl #1 needs to go back to college tomorrow:( so I have the truck loaded up for the big move - oh well - hope they take pics.

dw1784
09-10-2007, 5:37 PM
wish I can go too...I'll wait till they come closer:D

Sig226
09-11-2007, 1:05 PM
heh, yeah I had heard this too...

I actually competed in the WON Yamaha jackpot tourney this past weekend down in San Diego.

Plan was to run to cortez and mop up on Tuna.... Well nature had a sick joke in store for us all. EVERYONE in the tourney caught crap if anything. The tournament which is won by weight of three tuna combined was won with 86# for three albies.

HORRIBLE!

Less than half the field even CAUGHT a tuna between Friday night and Sunday morning. (The duration of the tournament.)

Then, wouldn't ya know it, Sunday night the bite opened up again!

Oh well... My boat is still down in SD so I'm headed back next weekend to make up for the short stack last weekend.

Side note-- the weather was snotty out there. 4-6' swell, 2-3 wind waves, 10' troughs. And one competitor took a 21' out to cortez in THAT! :eek:

It has layed down a ton, and as you said the bite is back! Grab em while they are cold.