09-10-2007, 10:06 AM
and I've seen a lot of them.
http://blip.tv/file/372080

paladin4415
09-10-2007, 5:01 PM
He truly is our only REAL hope in '08.

Matt777
09-10-2007, 5:45 PM
Anyone who voted YES on the Lautenberg Amendment will not be getting my vote.

chris
09-10-2007, 5:47 PM
He truly is our only REAL hope in '08.

2nd that.

paladin4415
09-10-2007, 6:16 PM
While "Lautenberg" certainly has it's language problems. I don't have a problem with people CONVICTED of Domestic Violence being banned from gun ownership. It's time to separate criminals from guns.

Do you have a better choice than Fred?

Higbean
09-10-2007, 6:19 PM

Like to beat your wife huh?

Bizcuits
09-10-2007, 6:33 PM
I kinda have a dislike for Fred simply, because having been apart of his online groups I was regularly spammed for donations even though he hadn't actually decided to run yet... It was kinda like, "give me free money, so I can consider doing this."

Although I'd rather see Ron Paul, I think Fred has a better chance.

LAK Supply
09-10-2007, 7:06 PM

:smilielol5:

:popcorn:

heyjak
09-10-2007, 7:55 PM
He's THE MAN!:)

CalNRA
09-11-2007, 2:37 PM

I can see it now.

"this just in, Fred Thompson voted against battered wives and women".

Is that what the anti-Fred people prefer to see on NY Times tomorrow?:rolleyes:

CalNRA
09-11-2007, 2:40 PM
I kinda have a dislike for Fred simply, because having been apart of his online groups I was regularly spammed for donations even though he hadn't actually decided to run yet... It was kinda like, "give me free money, so I can consider doing this."

Although I'd rather see Ron Paul, I think Fred has a better chance.

well, without the union, big business and Soros money machines raising money for you, it's kinda important to raise money in anyway you can.

it's the same complaint NRA gets but we can't ignore the fact that without money no one can do work in this country, even if they are right.

shonc99
09-11-2007, 5:03 PM
The last actor turned president seemed to turn out well.

MrTuffPaws
09-11-2007, 5:33 PM
The last actor turned president seemed to turn out well.

Yeah, he grew the debt into the trillions, increased the size of the government 10 fold, started the war on drugs, ate away state's rights, sold weapons to enemies, and basically created the Mujahideen.

If you look through the whitewash, Reagan sucked as a republican, conservative and president. I really have no idea why he is loved by people who claim to love smaller, less intrusive, and financially responsible government.

Cato
09-11-2007, 6:04 PM
Yeah, he grew the debt into the trillions, increased the size of the government 10 fold, started the war on drugs, ate away state's rights, sold weapons to enemies, and basically created the Mujahideen.

If you look through the whitewash, Reagan sucked as a republican, conservative and president. I really have no idea why he is loved by people who claim to love smaller, less intrusive, and financially responsible government.
I'm a paleo Conservative a la Pat Buchanan. I am not a fan of Reagan. He did all the above PLUS allowed the first amnesty for illegal aliens and the machine gun ban. Perhaps his saving grace is ending the Cold War; I give him kudos for that.

Thomson's attack on the memory of Nixon bothers me too. Nixon was an excellent president who got crucified by the liberal press and media. Nixon's only fault was managing his image in the press.

All in all, I think Thomson is the only candidate with a chance agains Hillary/Obama.

I wish we could have a better choice. Someone with a better education, military service, and loads of experience?

Mssr. Eleganté
09-11-2007, 6:29 PM
Thomson's attack on the memory of Nixon bothers me too. Nixon was an excellent president who got crucified by the liberal press and media. Nixon's only fault was managing his image in the press.

Let's not forget that Nixon...

-imposed wage and price controls
-indexed Social Security for inflation
-created Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
-created the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
-created the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
-implemented the first significant federal affirmative action program
-dramatically improved salaries for US federal employees
-the number of pages added to the Federal Register each year doubled under Nixon
-thought "guns are an abomination," and that "Free from fear of gun owners' retaliation at the polls", he favored making handguns illegal and requiring licenses for hunting rifles

He was a bad Republican, but not for the reasons most people believe.

shonc99
09-12-2007, 8:44 AM

Yup, you got me there but,
basically every president has sucked in any number or ways. No president can serve multiple masters. Is there one that hasn't sucked in some way?

stag1500
09-12-2007, 11:15 AM
basically every president has sucked in any number or ways. No president can serve multiple masters. Is there one that hasn't sucked in some way?

President Dwight D. Eisenhower. There's a man who could not be bought and never took sh*t from anyone or any country!

ZapThyCat
09-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Fred is just as corrupt as any of the other big names.

Ron Paul or Bust. He's our only hope. Fred Thompson it just a Ron Paul imitator with better media coverage, thrown out there to get sheeple from waking up to Ron Paul.

carsonwales
09-12-2007, 1:20 PM
http://www.headsuptrading.com/ar/calgunsfredpissed.jpg

MrTuffPaws
09-12-2007, 5:57 PM

Yeah, the all suck in someway. It irks me though that people remember them for things they never did.

shonc99
09-13-2007, 12:40 PM
The last actor turned president seemed to turn out well :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Edited my post for y'all

That seems more appropriate

My solution is to have an odd number of presidents serving at the same time which are elected by the POPULAR vote.

That way no one president can start a war, sign an executive order, etc.

That should stir up the nest.:D