PDA

View Full Version : How about action?

CavTrooper
09-10-2007, 5:55 AM
Just an idea.
How about we make it a point to do something positive for the pro-2A movement? By that I mean as a group, take some sort of action to promote a positive view of firearms and firearms owners. Something like weekly or monthly assignments, small things that will not put anyone in any danger (legal or physical), but will help convey a pro-gun message to middle-of-the-road type people. Its a difficult, if not an impossible task to try to change the opinion of ANTI-gun folk, but everyone knows someone who has no real opinion one way or the other, those are the people we need to sway.

Lets start this way.
This month, September,:
Take a non-shooter to the range.
Make it an accquaintence from work or a nieghbor, but someone who has never fired a weapon before.
Make a positive impact. Post your results, a story, pics, whatever.

Anyone interested in doing something like this as a regular group project? Or does anyone have a better idea to get the good word out? Its the little things that matter, and I belive we can make a difference if we take pro-active steps rather than always being on the defense.
Have fun with it!

cartman
09-10-2007, 8:56 AM
Now that sounds like a fine idea. I always try to bring new people to the range with me. Gotta start them small with my p22 or 10/22 then move them up to my pistol grip 870 or glock 21. Never fails.

FastFinger
09-10-2007, 9:46 AM
Ranges and stores should get behind these types of campaigns. Offer "first timer" discounts etc.

Their livelyhood depends on bringing others into the fold.

Maybe try schedule one annual weekend as a "First Shot" event - open houses, discounts - prizes - group activities - demonstrations, free hotdogs, lessons etc. If it's all concentrated on one month leading up to the big weekend resources could be pooled and focused. Big 5, Walmart, Turners and independents could get behind the event by having displays in the stores and mentions cooped in print ads. Manufacturers could also be asked to participate.

Everytime I go to an airshow there's always a huge crowd around the small arms displays. There's definitely public interest, it needs to be addressed in a coordinated, polished, organized fashion.

Hearts & minds type of stuff.

thedrickel
09-10-2007, 9:51 AM
I was thinking let's attack the DOJ AW and NFA permit processes the same way Team Billy Jack attacks the CCW system - Public Record Act requests for the applications, # of permits issued, etc.

WolfMansDad
09-11-2007, 9:16 AM
How about a calguns event, where people can come and try off-list rifles with bullet-button mag releases? Hand out fliers to show them how to build their own or where to buy already-assembled, California-legal rifles. Do something like the shooting sports fair that Raahauge's has every year.

It would give the DOJ night sweats, but it ought to be perfectly legal.