PDA

View Full Version : CNC engraving for fire control icons near Sac

dasumo
01-23-2013, 8:13 PM
Anyone know a local place near Sacramento where I can get my 80 percent lower engraved?

Thanks

dasumo
01-26-2013, 8:35 AM
No one?

norcrawler
01-26-2013, 11:09 AM
good luck, you think it wouldnt be that hard. i called like 5 places and went to 2, wasted my time at all awards, lack of communication. turned out they couldnt even engrave. just laser etch everything on there. then i ended up going to all safe down in sac. and they could have done it but the dudes jig was fkin retarded and he said he couldnt gaurantee anything.. i just stopped trying and left my 80% blank and did a simple serial under the grip just in case i run into a grouchy LEO.
i heard phase 5 tactical in roseville can engrave but i had no luck with them either. they never called me back.

i have a nice ai file with all the bullet pictograms if you want it

dasumo
01-26-2013, 5:51 PM
Thanks for the reply norcrawler! I would love to have those files if you can send them to me. I have a few buddies putting out feelers but nothing yet. If I end up finding someone, I'll let you know. Thanks again.

Cali-V
01-26-2013, 5:54 PM
Is it currently an 80%'er or a pistol or rifle? If it's still 80% an you are not in an hurry i can do...

vmwerks
01-26-2013, 5:59 PM
If it's an 80% look up Vader Spade - he's got no FFL so it'll have to be a 80% lower. I am using www.identmarking.com (http://www.identmarking.com) for this:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-q58KbZQkouM/UP9OEHhadbI/AAAAAAAAHhY/T91UYbJPoAo/s720/m4_walter.jpg

dasumo
01-26-2013, 6:12 PM
It is currently a stripped lower. Used to be 80%. I just couldn't wait, I was like a kid with his allowance burning a hole in his pocket!

vmwerks
01-26-2013, 6:22 PM
It is currently a stripped lower. Used to be 80%. I just couldn't wait, I was like a kid with his allowance burning a hole in his pocket!

Hahaha yeah why do you think I've got to send mine to an FFL engraver!!

dasumo
01-26-2013, 6:49 PM
Hahaha yeah why do you think I've got to send mine to an FFL engraver!!

Did identmarking do the one in your pic there? It looks great. If so, what was there turn-a-round?

vmwerks
01-26-2013, 8:35 PM
Did identmarking do the one in your pic there? It looks great. If so, what was there turn-a-round?

That's my photoshop of what I wanted done. I think they are at about a week turnaround.