PDA

View Full Version : Video of 72 y.o. CCW'er Killing BG and Saving Woman's Life!

Paladin
09-09-2007, 8:53 PM
(Note: for some reason the video doesn't begin for 11 seconds)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soZT__WQKsM

Joyce Cordova's "ex-" attacks her w/a knife, stabbing her 9 times. But a 72 year old CCW'er, Mr. Moore, shoots the bad guy 3 times w/a 9mm, killing him and saving the Joyce's life.

You can see this occurred on 8-25-05. Note the times:
At 17:03.00, the ex is walking behind the counter toward Joyce.
At 17:03.20, the ex confronts her
At 17:03.23 he launches his attack
At 17:03.27 he has her cornered and is stabbing her
At 17:03.31, a mere four seconds later, Mr. Moore is peering over the counter to see what is going on
At 17:03.33 Mr. Moore has his gun on the BG
At 17:03.38 - 17:03.41 Mr. Moore shoots the BG 3 times (There is a missing segment from 17:03.38 to 17:03.41. News videos often edit the actual moment of a shooting/killing.)

So the time from initial confrontation to Joyce getting stabbed is 7 seconds and the time from launching the attack to the CCW'er shooting the BG is approximately 16 seconds.

What is the average police response time after calling 9-1-1 (including the time you were put on hold)? SEVERAL MINUTES (at best)! Joyce would have been long dead and all the police would be able to do is make a chalk outline of her body and try to track down her killer.

Remember, this type of event why we're here. We NEED Shall Issue CCW reform because "there's never a cop around when you need one." In less than 20 seconds, Mr. Moore's went from an Average Joe to someone who had just killed an attempted murderer. You NEVER know when you'll have to save your, a loved one's, or, as in this case, a total stranger's life.

Charliegone
09-09-2007, 9:04 PM
Got to give up to that guy. He showed everyone that a CCW holder can and will save the life of someone.

CCWFacts
09-09-2007, 9:20 PM
I know that reflexes get slower with age, but it's my impression that presence of mind often increases. This guy had the calmness to draw, aim, and fire THREE SHOT into the perpetrator, while he was ON TOP OF and grappling with the victim, and the guy was killed, without the woman being shot.

One of the anti-CCW arguments you always hear is "having a shoot-out makes it even more dangerous; better to not return fire". Here we see an ordinary citizen able to get three perfect hits in a hostage shooting situation (where the perpetrator and victim are in the same place).

And yet, our own representatives in this state would prefer for that woman to be dead. If that had happened in this state, she would almost certainly have been.

ts
09-09-2007, 9:30 PM
Okay this confirms it - Bacca is an idiot. This is unacceptable. People are dieing because of one mans biased. Think about how many lives could be saved, just like this womans if Bacca changed his point of view.

This guy was 72, thats old. His eye sight most likely was not that good. His reflexes were most likely not that good - yet he was able to save a human life. Think about how many more people could be saved if more sheriffs in CA permitted CCWs to outstanding citizens without a spot on their record.

shark92651
09-09-2007, 9:36 PM
If you ever find yourself at a Hollywood gala you are probably pretty safe - apparantly Baca hands them out like altoids if you are rich and famous.

CCWFacts
09-09-2007, 9:37 PM
Sheriff Baca doesn't care how many people die because of his policies. He won the election by a landslide.

milsurpshooter
09-09-2007, 9:37 PM
that looked like pure training come to bear. the only thing is that guy will have the someone else death on his hands. but at least he was able to save a life.

CalNRA
09-09-2007, 9:38 PM
she should have called 911 and let the police deal with it like all civilized people would do. And ban knives!!!!

sarcasm may have been used in the making of this post.

milsurpshooter
09-09-2007, 9:41 PM
(Note: for some reason the video doesn't begin for 11 seconds)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soZT__WQKsM

Joyce Cordova's "ex-" attacks her w/a knife, stabbing her 9 times. But a 72 year old CCW'er, Mr. Moore, shoots the bad guy 3 times w/a 9mm, killing him and saving the Joyce's life.

You can see this occurred on 8-25-05. Note the times:
At 17:03.00, the ex is walking behind the counter toward Joyce.
At 17:03.20, the ex confronts her
At 17:03.23 he launches his attack
At 17:03.27 he has her cornered and is stabbing her
At 17:03.31, a mere four seconds later, Mr. Moore is peering over the counter to see what is going on
At 17:03.33 Mr. Moore has his gun on the BG
At 17:03.38 - 17:03.41 Mr. Moore shoots the BG 3 times (There is a missing segment from 17:03.38 to 17:03.41. News videos often edit the actual moment of a shooting/killing.)

So the time from initial confrontation to Joyce getting stabbed is 7 seconds and the time from launching the attack to the CCW'er shooting the BG is approximately 16 seconds.

What is the average police response time after calling 9-1-1 (including the time you were put on hold)? SEVERAL MINUTES (at best)! Joyce would have been long dead and all the police would be able to do is make a chalk outline of her body and try to track down her killer.

Remember, this type of event why we're here. We NEED Shall Issue CCW reform because "there's never a cop around when you need one." In less than 20 seconds, Mr. Moore's went from an Average Joe to someone who had just killed an attempted murderer. You NEVER know when you'll have to save your, a loved one's, or, as in this case, a total stranger's life.

even when cops are around its still iffy look at virgina tech.

USMC_2651_E5
09-09-2007, 9:42 PM
I didn't like how the reporter said, "amazingly the victim wasn't shot." As if this rescue was a bad thing. She should have said amazingly a good samaritan retrieved a permited gun and killed the knife weilding homicidal maniac.

CCWFacts
09-09-2007, 9:53 PM
It was amazing that she wasn't shot. Even if she had been it would have been the correct action. If I were being stabbed I would want the stabber to be shot. Death is guaranteed in a stabbing situation like that unless someone stops the perpetrator. It was a gamble, but a good gamble. Fortunately this guy had skill and presence of mind.

Anyway... this video shows why I personally put CCW reform above all other gun issues in this state. Yes, the AWB is bad. Microstamping is bad. The not-unsafe handgun list is bad. But none of those things are going to have a real-world save-a-life-today impact like CCW reform would. We do need AWs for homeland security, but that is a future possibility, not a present need. The not-unsafe handgun list is annoying to us who want some specific handgun. Etc. But CCW is the one that has an immediate real-world life-saving impact. It also makes the idea of armed self-defense a concrete reality, and that is the basis for people eventually understanding and internalizing the RKBA itself.

Paladin
09-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Anyway... this video shows why I personally put CCW reform above all other gun issues in this state. Yes, the AWB is bad. Microstamping is bad. The not-unsafe handgun list is bad. But none of those things are going to have a real-world save-a-life-today impact like CCW reform would. We do need AWs for homeland security, but that is a future possibility, not a present need. The not-unsafe handgun list is annoying to us who want some specific handgun. Etc. But CCW is the one that has an immediate real-world life-saving impact. It also makes the idea of armed self-defense a concrete reality, and that is the basis for people eventually understanding and internalizing the RKBA itself.I totally agree.

Everyone else who agrees should read the thread "CCW: There is NO SUBSTITUTE!":
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=60176

DedEye
09-09-2007, 11:34 PM
It was amazing that she wasn't shot. Even if she had been it would have been the correct action. If I were being stabbed I would want the stabber to be shot. Death is guaranteed in a stabbing situation like that unless someone stops the perpetrator. It was a gamble, but a good gamble. Fortunately this guy had skill and presence of mind.

Anyway... this video shows why I personally put CCW reform above all other gun issues in this state. Yes, the AWB is bad. Microstamping is bad. The not-unsafe handgun list is bad. But none of those things are going to have a real-world save-a-life-today impact like CCW reform would. We do need AWs for homeland security, but that is a future possibility, not a present need. The not-unsafe handgun list is annoying to us who want some specific handgun. Etc. But CCW is the one that has an immediate real-world life-saving impact. It also makes the idea of armed self-defense a concrete reality, and that is the basis for people eventually understanding and internalizing the RKBA itself.

:iagree: Amen!!!

M. Sage
09-10-2007, 5:36 PM

+1. Don't just let me die... if nothing else, don't let me die alone. :43:

+1 again.

Looked like some good shooting on his part. Hope the incident doesn't bother him too much, it was absolutely the right thing to do.

AJAX22
09-10-2007, 6:40 PM
I didn't like how the reporter said, "amazingly the victim wasn't shot." As if this rescue was a bad thing. She should have said amazingly a good samaritan retrieved a permited gun and killed the knife weilding homicidal maniac.

I agree

how the heck is it amazing that she wasn't shot?

Even if she did get winged, at least the bad guy is going too.

I believe there are more good than bad in this world. If every murder victim took there killer with them, we'd have a net positive gain.

Bizcuits
09-10-2007, 6:54 PM
Here we see an ordinary citizen able to get three perfect hits in a hostage shooting situation (where the perpetrator and victim are in the same place).

Actually what we see isn't an ordinary citizen, but an old fart and he still pulls it off! Hat off to the oldies :eek: