PDA

View Full Version : Man, now I know why I hate Burro on the weekends!

Roo
09-09-2007, 5:11 PM
Me and the GF were shooting some clay targets with the AR and Savage when we noticed half of our targets were gone. Well we started shooting whats left when I realized it was the homies 2 tables down shooting our targets. I walked over to them and asked that they please do not shoot my targets and they basically ignored me. Next line change we put more out and they still kept shooting them so this time I walked over and in a more stern voice I told them to not shoot my targets and they replied with 'anything besides paper targets is free game' and I said no and asked again that they stop shooting my targets but they kept shooting them anyways. Well the next line break I put more clay targets up and they still shot them, this time they would laugh after each as if they were 'showing me'. Well since I gave them three chances I decided to shoot up their two target stands wit the savage which then collapsed and then they came over to me and I replied 'anything besides paper targets are fair game.' We then packed up and left. Now I remember why I never go on the weekends, but I love going there during the week.

Gnome
09-09-2007, 5:17 PM
It sounds like you were civil about the incident up until you had enough. Most people would have immediately gone off the "Deep end." I'm curious, why did you leave instead of telling the Rangemaster (I think that's what he's called). It seems like you and your girlfriend deserved to stay as opposed to them.
By the way, what were they shooting? Just curious.

69Mach1
09-09-2007, 5:22 PM
Mofo's with no common curtesy. They weren't raised with any, and can't be taught it now. Only way they'll learn is to be booted out. Should have taken their pics to post here. Definitely tell the staff if this kind of thing happens.

Roo
09-09-2007, 5:24 PM
It sounds like you were civil about the incident up until you had enough. Most people would have immediately gone off the "Deep end." I'm curious, why did you leave instead of telling the Rangemaster (I think that's what he's called). It seems like you and your girlfriend deserved to stay as opposed to them.
By the way, what were they shooting? Just curious.

Yea I was civil but I had to get my GF under control lol. She was getting all pissed and saying stuff lol. I told the RO after the first time but he didn't say anything to them so I wasn't going to bore the guy with telling him the next time. We always try and go during the week but we wanted to try out the new rifle today :)

Roo
09-09-2007, 5:25 PM
BTW they were shooting a precision rifle and a M1A. Not the only people that shot at our targets today either :(

Flux Capacitor
09-09-2007, 5:28 PM
Me and the GF were shooting some clay targets with the AR and Savage when we noticed half of our targets were gone. Well we started shooting whats left when I realized it was the homies 2 tables down shooting our targets. I walked over to them and asked that they please do not shoot my targets and they basically ignored me. Next line change we put more out and they still kept shooting them so this time I walked over and in a more stern voice I told them to not shoot my targets and they replied with 'anything besides paper targets is free game' and I said no and asked again that they stop shooting my targets but they kept shooting them anyways. Well the next line break I put more clay targets up and they still shot them, this time they would laugh after each as if they were 'showing me'. Well since I gave them three chances I decided to shoot up their two target stands wit the savage which then collapsed and then they came over to me and I replied 'anything besides paper targets are fair game.' We then packed up and left. Now I remember why I never go on the weekends, but I love going there during the week.

what were the homies shooting? bolt action?

Roo
09-09-2007, 5:34 PM
what were the homies shooting? bolt action?

One had a bolt action and another had a M1A

Slowshooter
09-09-2007, 5:36 PM
Sadly this is why I don't goto Burro anymore on weekends unless it's a private bay. That was one heck of a way to deal with them.:cool2:

Roo
09-09-2007, 5:38 PM
Sadly this is why I don't goto Burro anymore on weekends unless it's a private bay. That was one heck of a way to deal with them.:cool2:

We were going to check out the new 450 yard range but my GF is a great shot up to about 100 yards. Plus I am new to the precision rifle game and my ability is maxed at about 200 yards right how.

Gnome
09-09-2007, 5:43 PM
New rifle? Roo, do tell. Pics. please.

Roo
09-09-2007, 5:46 PM
New rifle? Roo, do tell. Pics. please.

Posted about it in the rifle section yesterday :)

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=68529

Gnome
09-09-2007, 6:16 PM
Nice rifle Roo. One day, One day I'll have one.

aplinker
09-09-2007, 6:31 PM
We were going to check out the new 450 yard range but my GF is a great shot up to about 100 yards. Plus I am new to the precision rifle game and my ability is maxed at about 200 yards right how.

You'd be surprised, if you had the chance. Shooting far is no different than shooting close, except that it's completely different. :D

You need to go shoot some metal at long distance. You'll get confidence quick.

I like how they decided they could shoot whatever they wanted. Too bad you didn't have the 50. ;)

Roo
09-09-2007, 6:45 PM
You'd be surprised, if you had the chance. Shooting far is no different than shooting close, except that it's completely different. :D

You need to go shoot some metal at long distance. You'll get confidence quick.

I like how they decided they could shoot whatever they wanted. Too bad you didn't have the 50. ;)

I was having a hard time shooting the clay targets at 200 yards. I still get a little shaky and at that distance it was throwing me off a lot. Burro has a metal target on their big range so I will have to check it out.

But I as very surprised with how well my GF can shoot now! She was hitting the clay targets at 100 yards with 1 shot. She even took some out at 200 yards. Couple weeks ago I was having a hard time with getting her to hit the paper and not the plastic piping on the target lol.

Yes if i had the .50 I would have shattered their target stand :) Or I could have just moved really close to them and made them deaf :)

proraptor
09-09-2007, 7:33 PM
Exactly why I dont go there anymore....Bangers shooting everywhere and lazy *** RO's....That place is a joke

Roo
09-09-2007, 7:37 PM
Exactly why I dont go there anymore....Bangers shooting everywhere and lazy *** RO's....That place is a joke

I really like it during the week though. Its usually the same people and the place is empty! For now on we will head up to Angeles on the weekends.

proraptor
09-09-2007, 9:14 PM
Angeles also has concrete shooting benches unlike burros cheesy wood benches (doesnt matter much as Im going to shoot prone 99% of the time now on)....Angeles also has real bathrooms and not port o potties....

Gnome
09-09-2007, 9:18 PM
What about A Place To Shoot? Good, Bad, the Ugly? I know it's a bit of a drive, but my friends say it's a good place.

MrLogan
09-09-2007, 9:34 PM
What a bunch of retards. :(

Roo
09-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Angeles also has concrete shooting benches unlike burros cheesy wood benches (doesnt matter much as Im going to shoot prone 99% of the time now on)....Angeles also has real bathrooms and not port o potties....

Yea I picked me up a shooters mat and I am on that for the most part. I enjoy shooting prone :P. Main reason for angeles will be the metal targets.

PistolPete75
09-10-2007, 9:12 AM
i like burro. i only go to the long range area with wildcard. it's usually only precision bolt actions, and everyone is cool and relaxed there.

mstlaurent
09-10-2007, 9:46 AM
What about A Place To Shoot? Good, Bad, the Ugly? I know it's a bit of a drive, but my friends say it's a good place.
I've been to APS once before. It's a nice place, nicer than Burro, not quite as nice as Angeles. I was there during the week, and we only shot clays and a little bit of pistol. I don't recall seeing an RO there at all, just the obligatory cranky old guy at the check-in. It's way too long of a drive for me, Angeles is enough of a schlep as it is.

Timberwolf
09-10-2007, 10:11 AM
I'm a RO at A Place to Shoot on the weekends. The good, nice range, relaxed atmosphere, helpful staff; the bad, forest service land means no steel core ammo and we enforce it also paper on rifle only goes out to 100 though we do have steel at 125, 150, 200, and 400 (though we are looking at extending the paper); the ugly, me.

chickenfried
09-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Most shocking part of this story. Homies using a m1a and a bolt action!!!!

rod
09-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Most shocking part of this story. Homies using a m1a and a bolt action!!!!

That's all the homeowner had when the homies broke into his house looking for guns to steal.

Ford8N
09-10-2007, 3:46 PM
The R.O. did nothing!?! What kind of range is this!?! The other shooters did nothing too!?!

Iknownot
09-12-2007, 7:31 PM

A place to shoot is pretty nice to shoot at actually.

It is a bit more undeveloped, compared to angeles, with no real bathroom and no running water, but it has just as good variety in different ranges.

More important, it is usually much less crowded than angeles. On weekdays there may only be 3 or 4 people all together on all the ranges.

Weekends can get busy, but the busiest I've ever seen it had about 10 or 12 people on the long distance rifle range, 5 people on the traps, and then 5 or 6 people sprinkled between the various pistol ranges.

The biggest minus compared to angeles is it's paper only out to 100 yards at the rifle range. There are metal targets set up at 100, 125, 150, 200 and 400 (or something like that, I forget the exact ranges).

The long distance metal target is way up on the side of a hill.

Overall, I like going to a place to shoot more, even if it is more of a drive for me, simply because it is more mellow. You should try it. You'll probably like it.

Addax
09-12-2007, 7:56 PM
It is these types of people that worry me the most in the world of firearms.

Greg-Dawg
09-12-2007, 8:32 PM
That's what happens when the RO's aren't active in enforcing their "rules".

draconianruler
09-14-2007, 12:56 PM
That sucks! I HATE people with no respect. Too bad you didnt have a 50 to setup next to them :D

Screehopper
09-15-2007, 8:13 PM
The line breaks are so irregular at Burro. I hade to go up the RO to ask them to initiate a line break since it was already 1h15m since the last one.

I had problems with homies few tables down who would shoot at targets with a rifle at less than 15 feet away. Sheeesh!

I miss the SGV Gun Club.

JesseXXX
09-18-2007, 8:23 AM
That wouldn't NEVER had happen at the San Gabriel Gun Club back in the days.... I went to Burro twice... once durring the weekend (HATED IT!! too many scum bags) and once durring the week, loved it....but the cheezy flimsy PCV target stands... its too windy up there and you have to resort to finding big rocks like my relatives 10,000 years ago lol :D

Screehopper
09-18-2007, 8:33 AM
I bring my own target stands because of the flimsy PVC stands. I guess Burro prefers PVC over wood.

wildcard
09-18-2007, 8:43 AM
I bring my own target stands because of the flimsy PVC stands. I guess Burro prefers PVC over wood.

Easier to build and greater profit margin when people shoot them up. Not to mention the simplicity of reusing parts!

duenor
09-23-2007, 2:21 AM
I didn't read that the OP notified the RO at all about them shooting his targets. true, he shoudln't have needed to, but it might have helped.

I say this without trying to be critical of Roo. I think these guys got what they deserved - but I also think that the RO ought to be asked to do his job first.

further, a lot of times the scumbags are just ignorant people. I've been a BCR shooter for 12 years now and ive seen it all. most of the time, some talking with a friendly smile makes it a better day for everyone. and, we as shooters ought to make the attempt to improve the quality of our population.

for the rare occasions where you meet a complete meathead, tell the RO first. if the RO doesn't do anything about it, go to the shack and tell the guys inside. they don't take too kindly to idiots. the problem is that the rifle range is out of sight of the shack and the ROs on that line lately have been the lazy and stupid type. go tell the RO's boss if that is the case. I've seen people get kicked off the range plenty and quite a few guys go away in handcuffs, too.

Rob454
09-29-2007, 9:25 PM
I refuse to go to Burro range. i rather drive on blm land and make a day of it.
last tiem I went a jerk was shooting slugs and buckshot and pretty much annihilated my targets ( I made them out of PVC and used long pieces of rebar to hold them down. the guy kept shooting them and saying sorry bro its a new gun for me. I fianlly said well maybe you shoudlnt be shooting it.
I told the range guy but I guess he didnt really care cause he did nothing.
I pretty much stay away from that place. too many morons
ROb

hypertex
10-01-2007, 8:34 AM
last tiem I went a jerk was shooting slugs and buckshot and pretty much annihilated my targets ( I made them out of PVC and used long pieces of rebar to hold them down. the guy kept shooting them and saying sorry bro its a new gun for me. I fianlly said well maybe you shoudlnt be shooting it.

I think I was shooting next to this guy at Angeles last Friday! He was set up at 50 yds and I was two tables over, set up at 100 yds.

DJDace
10-02-2007, 12:19 PM
The part that bothers me most is the staff doing nothing to rectify or resolve the situation. You are talking about an establishment where the patrons are firing GUNS. IF tempers flare here and nothing is done by the staff to control it, that is a volitile and dangerous situation. I'm not trying to imply that everyone will make bad decisions, but all it would take is for one chucklehead to lose his cool in an arguement like this to create a tragic situation.

When scumbags like this are going out of their way to ruin the shooting experience of another PAYING customer, it is the establishments staff's responsibility to resolve it in a peaceful manner, and resolve it ASAP.

I'm sorry you had to take matters into your own hands Roo, but I do applaud your ability to keep your composure (and keep your girlfriend from escalating the situation). Bravo on costing them their target stands as well, maybe next time they will pay for their own clays and not try and antagonize a man with a loaded gun.

bobfried
10-03-2007, 7:40 AM
I love Burro.

Only place around where you can rent your own private 100 yards + range and do your own thing. If you go there to shoot at the public range that's just crazy, fork out a few extra bucks and grab a private range. It is still the best, bar none, rifle range in the LA/OC area; that is if your smart enough to use what it has to offer.