PDA

View Full Version : Fred on Federalism

PressCheck
09-09-2007, 2:38 PM
IMHO, a Great video

http://blip.tv/file/332821

kap
09-09-2007, 4:01 PM
That was refreshing. I like Fred. He actually makes me believe there are still logical, thoughtful and intelligent politicians out there who understand what makes this country great and are willing to do something about it.

Josh3239
09-09-2007, 4:10 PM
Good man. I'd be more than pleased with Fred as our President.

Mark_in_Pasadena
09-09-2007, 4:19 PM
That video was funny....

The key to FREEDOM, is a powerful federal government? Anyone else see the hypocrisy about that statement....? This is WHY we fought the damn revolution... Pure insanity....

.22guy
09-09-2007, 4:32 PM
That video was funny....

The key to FREEDOM, is a powerful federal government? Anyone else see the hypocrisy about that statement....? This is WHY we fought the damn revolution... Pure insanity....

He said "The key to freedom is keeping a powerful federal government within it's proper boundaries. Our Constitution does that." I think you quoted him out of context there.

Mark_in_Pasadena
09-09-2007, 5:00 PM
He said "The key to freedom is keeping a powerful federal government within it's proper boundaries. Our Constitution does that." I think you quoted him out of context there.

The problem is that our constitution is only WORTH the men that enforce it. As an example, only congress can declare war, did they declare war against Iraq and Afghanistan? That would be a negative. I guess I'm just completely jaded....:(

paladin4415
09-09-2007, 7:03 PM
Fred is a very fine man. We would all do well by supporting him any way we can.

.22guy
09-09-2007, 8:18 PM
The problem is that our constitution is only WORTH the men that enforce it. As an example, only congress can declare war, did they declare war against Iraq and Afghanistan? That would be a negative. I guess I'm just completely jaded....:(

I agree with you 100 percent there. I'm trying to decide if Fred is a good man with a few negatives or just a con man like all the others.

Hoop
09-09-2007, 8:48 PM
Fred is a very fine man. We would all do well by supporting him any way we can.

He seems like a nice guy and all, but I'd like more than just a <1 minute blip about federalism that was probably rehearsed and scripted before he gets my vote or not. Lots of people I've talked to have said the same thing.

kap
09-09-2007, 9:50 PM
He seems like a nice guy and all, but I'd like more than just a <1 minute blip about federalism that was probably rehearsed and scripted before he gets my vote or not. Lots of people I've talked to have said the same thing.

Do you think that any of the other canidates no mater how long they talk have not already memorized their talking points?

CalNRA
09-09-2007, 9:53 PM

you seem to have a discriminating taste in politicians. So who's you pick that actually has a chance of winning?

FreedomIsNotFree
09-09-2007, 11:34 PM
You dont get the money to run a Presidential campaign without "owing" someone...or a few hundred special interests.

We dont have elections....we have auctions....highest bidder wins.

Ron Paul is the only guy that is out of the mainstream....that is why he gets so little National attention....he's not playing ball the way the others do.