PDA

View Full Version : My Favorites: Twin G20's

LAK Supply
09-08-2007, 4:15 PM
My two favorite handguns are my G20's. The OD one is pretty well set up, and the black one (Christmas present for my wife last year) still has a few upgrades to go.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t313/laksupply/Glock20022.jpg

KIDRR
09-08-2007, 6:22 PM
Very nice, how do you like 10mm compared to .45ACP?

LAK Supply
09-08-2007, 7:29 PM
Very nice, how do you like 10mm compared to .45ACP?

I LOVE the 10....... It's probably the most versatile autoloader available..... Bullets commonly available from 135-200 gr with a few up to 230 gr.

Check out Double Tap Ammo for some of the hard-hitting 10mm stuff. They have loads up to 230 gr that will penetrate twenty-three 3/4" pine planks out of a factory Glock barrel.

As far as comparing it to the .45 - The 45 ACP cannot do anything close to 10mm power. The pressure ceiling for the 45 is 21,500 (23,500 for +P) while the 10mm ceiling is 37,500. With common ammo the 45 is better suited for some self-defense applications as the 235 gr HP's are slow-moving and deposit a lot of energy. However, the DT's 135 gr 10mm offering will do 1600 fps out of a factory barrel (just over 1700 fps out of my 6" Jarvis pipe) and damn near explodes on impact.

It's just a matter of choice..... I like the 45 but it can't do everything the 10mm can do by any stretch of the imagination. It is a lot cheaper to shoot the 45 unless you reload though..... WWB is not available at Wally World in 10mm..... it is in 45.

ph800
09-08-2007, 9:34 PM
Wow, those are beautiful!

PLINK
09-09-2007, 12:41 AM
What magwells are you using? How do you like their fit? Any movement?

I have some twin G35's I will be posting soon. Glock .40 S&W fan myself.

supersonic
09-09-2007, 12:51 AM
G20 is my favorite of all my Glocks, too. 10MM absolutely RULES. Are those Truglo T.F.O. sights? < Those are what I put on ALL my Glocks & SIGs. Pretty sure my next purchase will be a 29 for carry.
S.S.:43:

KenpoProfessor
09-09-2007, 2:14 AM
Hey Lance, I just picked up a 10mm conversion barrel, a 20# recoil spring, and a 20 mag for my 21SF yesterday. Got some 10mm ammo and now I have both .45 and 10mm capability. The 21 will shoot 4 different calibers and my G23 will shoot 3, .40, 357Sig, and 9mm. I've got the best of the calibers in two guns. How's that :jump:

Oh yea, and you can do the same thing with the Mech Tech Conversion Units, turning your pistol into a carbine, of course not legal in the PRK.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

LAK Supply
09-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Hey Lance, I just picked up a 10mm conversion barrel, a 20# recoil spring, and a 20 mag for my 21SF yesterday. Got some 10mm ammo and now I have both .45 and 10mm capability. The 21 will shoot 4 different calibers and my G23 will shoot 3, .40, 357Sig, and 9mm. I've got the best of the calibers in two guns. How's that :jump:

Oh yea, and you can do the same thing with the Mech Tech Conversion Units, turning your pistol into a carbine, of course not legal in the PRK.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

Hey Clyde..... I hate you. :p I need to hurry up and get my WY ID so I can get some toys when I'm not broke anymore!

I was thinking about grabbing a 21SF and throwing one of my top-ends on it, but there are several other guns that I really need more, including that Mech Tech unit. :D

Are those Truglo T.F.O. sights?

Yup! Those are now my hands-down favorites for any non-match guns.

What magwells are you using? How do you like their fit? Any movement?

These came from Brownells IIRC. I like them a lot.... there's always a little flex win a Glock mag well, but there is relatively movement. They stay where I put them; they haven't slipped down or anything. I like these a lot better than the brass ones for anything that's not a race gun.

I like the 35's too.... one of these days I'll get a LS Glock...... just have too many other "necessary" guns right now to get another full-size. I think a couple of 23's are on the agenda though.... CCW guns for wife and I.

megavolt121
09-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Could you please post some pictures of those sights? I'm interested in getting some since I'm having a hard time seeing my Tritiums when shooting in the sun.

slick_711
09-10-2007, 1:03 PM
and my G23 will shoot 3, .40, 357Sig, and 9mm.
Clyde

Yes but would you have us believe that a pistol with a .40S&W breech face will reliably extract 9mm? Nice for range use & plinking! But not reliable for competition/defense.

LAK Supply
09-10-2007, 6:29 PM
Could you please post some pictures of those sights? I'm interested in getting some since I'm having a hard time seeing my Tritiums when shooting in the sun.

Sure.... It's dark here so the best I could do is take a shot with the gun under a light. It's not anywhere close to the same as being out in the sun though.... if you've ever used fiber optic sights you can expect nearly the same performance out of the TFO's as you can out of traditional FO sights. They've injected the trituim into a part of the FO tube so you get the best of both worlds.

If you end up needing a set get in touch with me and let me know you're from Calguns and I'll give you a deal.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t313/laksupply/TFOGlock001.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t313/laksupply/TFOGlock.jpg

SVRider
09-10-2007, 7:33 PM
Very nice pair of G20's....

I just picked up a G21 frame.....waiting for Lone Wolf to get their 6" stainless long slides to go with the barrels.....JR said they are supposed to be ready by "winter"....I can't wait.

You're right...10mm has some screaming numbers, especially the stuff from Double Tap.

Looking at your two beauties just makes the wait more agonizing! :mad: LOL

ghost
09-10-2007, 8:03 PM
Sure.... It's dark here so the best I could do is take a shot with the gun under a light. It's not anywhere close to the same as being out in the sun though.... if you've ever used fiber optic sights you can expect nearly the same performance out of the TFO's as you can out of traditional FO sights. They've injected the trituim into a part of the FO tube so you get the best of both worlds.

If you end up needing a set get in touch with me and let me know you're from Calguns and I'll give you a deal.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t313/laksupply/TFOGlock001.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t313/laksupply/TFOGlock.jpg

please pm me info/price of the sights.

LAK Supply
09-11-2007, 3:55 PM
please pm me info/price of the sights.

Gotcha.... check your inbox.