PDA

View Full Version : Calgun's Personals section!

pnkssbtz
09-08-2007, 1:45 PM
In accordance with the thread Pwall started HERE (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=68350).
We should make a "Calguns Personals" section!

:D:D:D

duenor
09-08-2007, 2:19 PM
rofl
actually i woudln't mind a personal section.

i have a feeling that it's going to be quite the sausage fest though =P

what WOULD be a good idea, though, is a "meet up and lets go shoot" section. something less orgainized than the current meet-up section, more impromptu.

as in, "who wants to go shooting today? call me at ..."

Socal858
09-08-2007, 2:30 PM
rofl
actually i woudln't mind a personal section.

i have a feeling that it's going to be quite the sausage fest though =P

what WOULD be a good idea, though, is a "meet up and lets go shoot" section. something less orgainized than the current meet-up section, more impromptu.

as in, "who wants to go shooting today? call me at ..."

a "lets go shoot" section would be good

the ranges & etc section seems too general and some invitations to go shoot, etc get lost in the mix

ColdSteel
09-08-2007, 4:00 PM
Why? Are you one of the Pink Pistols?
I think there are 3 female members of calguns.

CALI-gula
09-08-2007, 4:07 PM
Single man looking for woman (or women) preferably of age 25 to 40, non-smoker, non-druggie, athletic build but not butch, slim and trim, fun, ambitious, money minded and business savvy, happy with your own life and not looking for someone to rescue you from yourself, goal oriented, not a stoner. I don't care about race or religion or lack thereof - just no cults like Moonies, Heaven's Gaters, Scientologists, or Million Mom Marchers.

First: you've got to like dogs. Second: (and pun intended) you've got to be 100% 2nd Amendment friendly, no matter what your other political choices may be, as I am open-minded to any other view in politics (I'm nearly a libertarian) but I won't give you an inch on curbing 2nd Amendment rights. So, those are the two big ones out of the way; continue reading if you are OK with them. Anything else that follows in my hopes of just who you might be has plenty of room for oscillation and flexibility.

It would be nice if you like classic cars, "muscle" cars, hot rods, and bikes (no, not the kind you peddle) because several beautiful examples are parked in my garage and driveway. Give me crap and you'll go before they do. It would be real nice if you don't mind me spending a lot of my time building them into beautiful automatronic machinery, so much so that you might roll up your own blouse sleeves and dive into the welding and body work with me! But I am happy if you just want to be my audience and biggest fan.

Big plus if you know what the phrase "Eight degrees below top-dead center" means. Big, BIG plus if you are well-read; a litmus test might be that you know for what body of water Henry David Thoreau is most well associated, without "googling" it, you've read "On The Road" at different times in your life and found the jazz meant something new each time, you "get" the ramblings of Dr. Thompson, and you know where one might go to fish for Kilgore trout as opposed to Rainbow trout. Can you finish this; "By the *****ing of my thumbs..." ?

Oh, and you are also interested theatre and philosophy, art and making things a reality that you designed in your head. You might be a Democrat, that’s OK, nobody’s perfect, but you are NOT anti-Second Amendment. You dig motorcycles (and NOT just being the ornament on the back of one - maybe you might ride too, but if you just want to take the rumble seat, that's fine as well). You like to entertain and do participate, not be entertained and sit.

You have a good eye through a camera and a passionate heart through a paint brush. You might know how to use a torque wrench, and if not, you at least know that a Makita is not a type of new toy Chihuahua you can put in your Louis Vitton. You LOVE dogs; big dopey fun dogs. You AREN'T looking for a place to live or to latch onto someone to have kids, nor a just another LA bar-hopper. You DO stuff, you MAKE stuff, you have ambition to CREATE!

You DON'T do drugs of any kind, but you like Opus at the right time, as much as you like Michelob at the right time. You speak like the next coming of Kerouac with the class of Steinbeck and the wit of Vonnegut (WITHOUT the anti-gun bent he had), yet the charm of Dickens, and maybe you can write within a mixed mindset of them all as well. TV is NOT your first love, but you might laugh at the show Jackass and see the irreverence of social commentary and philosophy that drives it - that the humor it represents is not "beneath" you. You like movies, from classics to horrible horror, but not a TV addict just because something is on - at all, in fact I just got rid of my cable because it was inundated with useless, poorly written television programs. I don't want to WATCH reality, I would rather live it!!

Living is a proactive event for you, daily - you are ambitious, money savvy, driven by an effort to make things right, a visionary if only while doing nothing more than drawing on a napkin, and artist without the pretentiousness, success and goal oriented, and your couch is not your second home. You use your couch to think up new ideas, not get sucked into it. You are well rounded in spirit and talents, but not lazily round; you have high points and are well sculpted, healthy, athletic but not a bruiser or obsessed with an imaginary "training" nor silly about the latest fad diet. Feminine but strong willed, maybe even challenging and contentious, genuine in actions but frivolous enough to laugh at yourself - that is a big one!

Me? I'm race-horse trim, no fat, own a home on my own in the valley and just closed on my second (I may rent out the first) - yeah, umm, I do OK salary-wise - I work hard, I’m attentive - we’re talking flowers for the hell of it, pancakes and coffee in bed, and grocery store doors being held open - no matter what it is, and I am really dang nice. I guess being genuinely nice scares women in LA; I think most have come to expect everyone in LA is trying to carve out a pound of your flesh or looking to reap a chunk of your soul, or put a crease in your wallet - I am not that guy. I'm just looking to meet someone that is not couch-potato type for once in my life, someone more than 9-5 and TV 6-11, and can inspire my ambitions to be successful and make a mark in the world, by their having their own drive and ambitions to do the same for their own dreams.

I'm looking for someone that didn't stop dreaming at 25 and had refused to trade in their dreams for regrets.

After writing all this and reading my own above declaration, I realize this woman doesn't exist. :(

Oh, and any horny hot MILFs are the exception to any of the above, so long as you are also just looking for a one night stand. I'm cool with that. Just please don't be wrinkly, frumpy, lumpy, baggy, saggy, mapped with varicose veins, adorned with leatherette skin, or taking Valtrex intravenously. If you have to pick the scabs to let the puss run out, so as to feel "like a young girl inside", that is definitely a turn-off. :puke:

SemiAutoSam
09-08-2007, 4:37 PM
Most grocery store doors are automatic opening.

CALI-gula
09-08-2007, 4:46 PM
Most grocery store doors are automatic opening.

I know - I tell them I'm "magic" - especially the dumb ones. Surprisingly, they buy it. ;)

SemiAutoSam
09-08-2007, 4:52 PM
That must be the woman for you. :rolleyes:

I know - I tell them I'm "magic" - especially the dumb ones. Surprisingly, they buy it. ;)

CALI-gula
09-08-2007, 5:01 PM
That must be the woman for you. :rolleyes:

Yeah. For the night. :D

pnkssbtz
09-08-2007, 6:28 PM
Wow, I guess there are a lot of swingers on calguns...

NRAhighpowershooter
09-08-2007, 6:43 PM
Wow, I guess there are a lot of swingers on calguns...

Doesn't that mean we can use the swings on a playground??? :confused:

That's why I put in for swinger........:eek:

:p

ColdSteel
09-08-2007, 7:01 PM
Now, what we might need is a phone number depository for those one nighter women... How's that for a new forum idea.

Ford8N
09-08-2007, 7:42 PM
Hmmm...I just talked a gal looking at gun books at Borders. Older gal but cute. It was kinda weird seeing a girl looking at gun books and talking guns like she was interested. To bad I'm already taken. You guys need to get to the book store and away from the computer.;)

ivanimal
09-08-2007, 8:03 PM
I dont see any reason for a personals board on a gun related website. Please go away.:rolleyes:

Tweak338
09-08-2007, 8:06 PM
This is why we have Craigslist..

I like pie

SemiAutoSam
09-08-2007, 8:13 PM
You must have not thought of the single guy looking for a female partner that is into shooting.

It might be a small demand but there is a certain percentage that would benefit from such a forum.

Maybe If you were single and wanted to meet someone like this you would sing a different tune.

I dont see any reason for a personals board on a gun related website. Please go away.::

ColdSteel
09-08-2007, 8:19 PM
C'mon Sam.. You know nobody likes Ivan..

Mssr. Eleganté
09-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Hmmm...I just talked a gal looking at gun books at Borders. Older gal but cute. It was kinda weird seeing a girl looking at gun books and talking guns like she was interested. To bad I'm already taken. You guys need to get to the book store and away from the computer.;)

She was just a gold digger, trollin' the gun section at Borders 'cause she knows gun guys gots HELLA money. :p

berto
09-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Ever read the personals from prison in the marxist papers? It can't get worse but it probably wouldn't be as funny.

ivanimal
09-08-2007, 10:29 PM
You must have not thought of the single guy looking for a female partner that is into shooting.

It might be a small demand but there is a certain percentage that would benefit from such a forum.

Maybe If you were single and wanted to meet someone like this you would sing a different tune.

Put it in your profie at needadate.com. I may be the minority on this but it has no place here!

You ae married or whatever it was you called it, yet you beg for photos of women here all the time. Some of us feel it is the wrong place for it. There are far better places to get your fix. This is a site for firearm discussion and SOME off topic.

ColdSteel14 C'mon Sam.. You know nobody likes Ivan..

No smilie? Sorry you feel that way, I wont put you on my list of friends when I make my personal profile.:rolleyes:

jdberger
09-08-2007, 10:49 PM
I love ya, Ivan!

Hey kids, Ivan is a great catch. Just let him cook for you, one day.

bwiese
09-08-2007, 11:07 PM
I love ya, Ivan!

Hey kids, Ivan is a great catch. Just let him cook for you, one day.

Yeah, he is.

I think he was flirting with me at the last Calguns ShootNQ, he kept cross shooting into my target.
(Of course it was easy to separate my shots from his, as mine were at the center.)

And I hear he is a squeeze cocker, too!

ivanimal
09-08-2007, 11:57 PM
Yeah, he is.

I think he was flirting with me at the last Calguns ShootNQ, he kept cross shooting into my target.
(Of course it was easy to separate my shots from his, as mine were at the center.)

And I hear he is a squeeze cocker, too!

Alas, I cannot tell a lie the squeeze cocker lives. Thanks for the support.:D

I look forward to the shootnQ's to test out my latest mystery meat!

tankerman
09-09-2007, 8:18 AM
I am married with children so this does not apply to me. :p

Single man, with love of guns and computers who enjoys social settings and spending time with friends the I have never met nor could identify if I ever saw them in person seeks hot woman for romantic strolls at gun shows, shopping (at gunshops), sunsets (and maybe sunrises) at the rifle range would like a blind date.

Did I miss anything?

I bet the women will be lining up, if not I will forward the CGN link to Russia, China, and Philippines until you find a suitable non English speaking date.

1911whore
09-09-2007, 9:30 AM
cal guns already has a personals section. It is called the for sale section

Single late 20's white male seeking sleek shimmering black beauty, size 45 with 47d's. Must like leather or kydex outer garments. Preferrably not gritty, would like her to be tight and smooth.

Does that abouit cover it:)

BaronW
09-09-2007, 12:00 PM
I think making a personals section won't work - the population here is too lopsided. Any girl brave enough to post an ad will be swarmed with responses, and any guy posting an ad will be lost in a sea of other single men.

Not that I'd begrudge a shot at meeting someone around here. My last girlfriend rather opposed my interest in firearms and we didn't last very long after I bought my 870.

leelaw
09-09-2007, 1:05 PM

ROFL!

Bill, how many hours did it take you to even get on paper that day? ;)

pnkssbtz
09-09-2007, 1:41 PM
I think making a personals section won't work - the population here is too lopsided. Any girl brave enough to post an ad will be swarmed with responses, and any guy posting an ad will be lost in a sea of other single men.

Not that I'd begrudge a shot at meeting someone around here. My last girlfriend rather opposed my interest in firearms and we didn't last very long after I bought my 870.

Um... the whole poll and post was a joke. Of course it won't work =P

LOL I mean look at the poll options I made!

To many serious people here...

aplinker
09-09-2007, 2:02 PM
Man, now I'm gonna feel dirty every time I shoot my P7.

Thanks Bill.

Neil McCauley
09-09-2007, 2:06 PM
Theoretically it could be successful, that is of course if this forum were mostly comprised of skin flutists. Notice how I emphasized successful, it dosen't neccesarily mean it would not work for a few people. If this was an actual vote, I'd say go for it, why not make this Calguns your one stop forum. I doubt I'd actually use it myself because I personally don't believe in internet dating based on the "grass is always greener" theory. That great person you just met knows that the next special person is just one click away.

Addax
09-09-2007, 5:28 PM
I think the challenge is driving women to this site, and as Ivan has already mentioned, this is a gun forum.

What would we call it G-Harmony (Guns Harmony) :p

tankerman
09-09-2007, 5:36 PM
I think the challenge is driving women to this site, and as Ivan has already mentioned, this is a gun forum.

What would we call it G-Harmony (Guns Harmony) :p
G-Spot

RRangel
09-09-2007, 5:53 PM
Common sense tells us that sites with 99.99% men probably aren't the best place for personal ads.

BaronW
09-09-2007, 7:44 PM
Common sense tells us that sites with 99.99% men probably aren't the best place for personal ads.

Unless they're a certain kind of personal ad...

slick_711
09-09-2007, 8:49 PM
This just isn't the place for that. Don't get me wrong, I've been single for about a year now (I guess mostly because I don't go out and try) and I'd love to meet a girl that was at least ok with my shooting if not enjoyed shooting herself. However, the female population here is already small, likely gets bothered with our constant stupidity, and I for one like to occasionally get their opinions when we have the random important thread topic. So why drive them away / further irritate them? Besides the obvious fact that it wouldn't work out anyway strictly because of the male/female ratio.