PDA

View Full Version : Dumb as dirt

RandallH1989
09-07-2007, 1:09 PM
I've been a long shopper of cheaperthandirt.com

But today I went online and found that they don't ship any SKS detachable mags to California. Not even these 10 rounders: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MAG615-1318-1347.html

10 rounders are completely legal here. Why are they doing this? Just assuming that the laws prohibit it? I called and waited on hold for 10 minutes and the rep. said she doesn't know much about SKS' but that they certainly do not ship them here.

What the hell?

AKman
09-07-2007, 1:23 PM
Isn't a SKS with a detachable mag an AW, regardless of capacity? Maybe they were saving you a lot of agony.

Japsican
09-07-2007, 1:26 PM
Isn't a SKS with a detachable mag an AW, regardless of capacity? Maybe they were saving you a lot of agony.

Yep...

sloguy
09-07-2007, 1:28 PM
i dont understand. your wondering why they wont sell you a illegal item?

sks detachable mags are not cool here in cali. havent been for a while.
unless i am mistaken.

Crazed_SS
09-07-2007, 2:01 PM
Well technically the a 10 round detachable sks mag wouldnt be illegal to posses, but would turn your SKS in an AW as soon as you installed it. Of course some would argue installing a detachable SKS magazine on a Yugo SKS wouldnt turn it into an AW because a Yugo SKS isnt a SKS.. it's a M59/66. Cheaper than dirt is simply being overly cautious.

RandallH1989
09-07-2007, 2:54 PM
Ahh, that's right. Man I hate this place.

Anyways, yeah, I have a Yugo m59/66, so it isn't legal since it isn't an SKS.

Funny how an SKS with a 10 round detach is evil, but an m1a isn't!

RandallH1989
09-07-2007, 3:00 PM
They emailed me back telling me it's because laws can be unclear etc.. obviously this is the case.

leelaw
09-07-2007, 3:06 PM
The magazine is not illegal. Attaching it to a Zastava type rifle (Yugo M59, M59/66) is not illegal. Using it in a registered SKS assault weapon is not illegal.

They're being waaaaaay overly cautious on this one.

RandallH1989
09-07-2007, 4:56 PM
Using it in an SKS IS illegal, I believe. But not an m59/66. They're just trying to cover ***.

M. Sage
09-07-2007, 5:05 PM
No, they're just being spineless. I don't order anything from the bastards anymore. They refuse to sell stuff that's so stupidly, obviously legal here.

Off the top of my head: Bipod for a Galil? No way. Rear sight for an M1 Carbine (wtf!? That's not even an AW!)? Nope.

Don't give them a dime. They're not with us, so they're against us.

metalhead357
09-07-2007, 5:30 PM
Cheaper than= ALWAYS EQUALS stooopidity. Shop elsewhere FOR LEGAL ITEMS..... that aint one of them.... So In this very small select case/incident they might actually have done (you) some good in thier own stooopid & asinine logic.......

E__WOK
09-07-2007, 9:53 PM
I've been a long shopper of cheaperthandirt.com

But today I went online and found that they don't ship any SKS detachable mags to California. Not even these 10 rounders: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MAG615-1318-1347.html

10 rounders are completely legal here. Why are they doing this? Just assuming that the laws prohibit it? I called and waited on hold for 10 minutes and the rep. said she doesn't know much about SKS' but that they certainly do not ship them here.

What the hell?

They can choose to sell to whomever they want.

DSA_FAL
09-08-2007, 8:59 AM
It basically boils down to them being too lazy and stupid to understand california's laws for themselves.

supersonic
09-08-2007, 9:59 AM

Only the Russian-made ones that say"SKS" on receiver. Otherwise, you're good to go w/ 10-rounders. F**k C.T.D.!!!!!!!! Those detachable mags are MADE IN CALIFORNIA BY TRIPLE K!!!!!!!!!http://www.triplek.com/Pages/Magazines/index.cfm/MenuLeft/Laws.html
S.S.:43:

skeetskeet
09-08-2007, 7:40 PM
Try buying a Tapco T6 RIMFIRE 10/22 stock from them. You'll cry and laugh just like I did.

supersonic
09-09-2007, 8:50 AM
Try buying a Tapco T6 RIMFIRE 10/22 stock from them. You'll cry and laugh just like I did.

Tapco is a JOKE operation. They sent me their '07 catalog, and on the first page ( after "president/owner" "Buddie Daniel" does his "state of the tapco union report"), there are 3 hand-written "letters" from "satisfied" customers in LE/"secret" spec-ops military. Check this out: @ the beginning of the first one, it says "first of all, I want you to know I am a police man. " WHAT LEO would use that terminology? None that I Know. Next, all 3 "letters " seem to be worded the same-kind of like they were written by the same person. NOW the kicker: ALL 3 "letters" WERE WRITTEN BY THE SAME PERSON!!!!!!(hand-printing is an exact match on all of them). Maybe it's just me, but "Buddie" doesn't seem to have too much common sense if he's trying to dupe us into thinking these "brave combat guys" stake their lives on his products. I'm not saying that ALL tapco stuff is inferior- but I have a hunch our guys in the sandbox aren't "TAPCO-EQUIPPED" as the catalog makes it seem. Kinda reminds me of Vulcan's "claims," when their products are very substandard!:eek:
S.S.:43:
p.s.-ANYONE who has the 2nd edition of the tapco '07 catalog, PLEASE read the inside of cover & look @ pics throughout catalog. Post your opinion.

M. Sage
09-09-2007, 8:56 AM

Exactly. They're either too stupid, too lazy, too cowardly or a combination of those three (most probable) to be of any use to us.

Our fight won't be won by wasting our money or time on fools, foot-draggers, or cowards.