PDA

View Full Version : Ammo delivery via mail legal in Orange County?

Jimmy Deuce
09-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Any one know it ordering ammo via the mail is legal in O.C. I order 1000 rds about 9 or 10 months ago. But I just went to a website and they said they would not ship to Orange county is this law or just the company's crappy policy.

odesskiy
09-07-2007, 12:00 PM
Any one know it ordering ammo via the mail is legal in O.C. I order 1000 rds about 9 or 10 months ago. But I just went to a website and they said they would not ship to Orange county is this law or just the company's crappy policy.

I bet it's just the company's BS. Order from Natchez (natchezss.com), I just got two ammo orders from them without a hitch and I'm in LA County.

Shane916
09-07-2007, 3:59 PM
We've been discussing this a lot lately and we have concluded it is company's policies to not ship to these areas rather then any laws restricting it.

SemiAutoSam
09-07-2007, 4:06 PM
Ammo is considered a ORM-D as shown on UPS, FEDEX packages when its shipped.

US mail will not allow anything but Cases and projectiles to be shipped via their services.
its on page 4.
http://www.usps.com/cpim/ftp/notices/not128.pdf

Its considered a hazardous material.

IE O R M = other regulated material

Spitfire75
09-07-2007, 6:07 PM
When I lived in Costa Mesa (about a year ago), I had ammo delivered to my condo from Ammoman, Cabelas, and Midway USA all the time. Now that I live in LA, it's like the dark side of the moon. If I want ammo from AIM, I'll have to drive downtown to pick it up at the UPS distribution center. That'll take take 2 to 3 hours for a 20 mile round trip. :( I just want Lake City to deliver a train car of 5.56mm to my front door. Is that too much to ask?

SemiAutoSam
09-07-2007, 6:13 PM
There is a UPS customer counter in Cerritos.

Have it sent there. And or will they not deliver to your residence ?

When I lived in Costa Mesa (about a year ago), I had ammo delivered to my condo from Ammoman, Cabelas, and Midway USA all the time. Now that I live in LA, it's like the dark side of the moon. If I want ammo from AIM, I'll have to drive downtown to pick it up at the UPS distribution center. That'll take take 2 to 3 hours for a 20 mile round trip. :( I just want Lake City to deliver a train car of 5.56mm to my front door. Is that too much to ask?

FastFinger
09-07-2007, 6:39 PM
Now that I live in LA, it's like the dark side of the moon.

Must be the streetlights in your 'hood.

I also live in LA and UPS just delivered 2,500 rounds of 9mm to my front door from Outdoor Marksman.

It was labeled "ORM-D"

Dump1567
09-07-2007, 9:07 PM
I've had a ton of ammo delivered to O.C.. This was company policy for a few on-line ammo vendors. This came about do to threat of litigation. Never found out the details. The best I could tell, other vendors just copied this policy maybe thinking it was law?

Aim use to have this policy, but it looks like they changed it.

CALIFORNIA CUSTOMERS: No sales of Ammunition Delivered to the Counties: Napa, Ventura, and Yolo. No Ammunition Delivered to the Cities: Los Angeles, Oakland, San Francisco. No high capacity magazine sales to anyone or dealer in CA. Check for other Local & State laws before ordering.