View Full Version : CALNRA: 9/6 7:45 PM, Microstamping AB 1471 passes Senate, goes back to Assembly

09-06-2007, 6:50 PM
CALNRA: 9/6/2007 7:45 PM

Microstamping AB 1471 passes Senate, goes back to Assembly. Can be voted on at anytime:

Lead Ammo Ban AB 821 before Governor. VETO required to defeat:

For info on other bills:

09-06-2007, 7:08 PM

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, my turkey of an assembly rep is Feuer's only co-sponsor. :mad:

09-06-2007, 7:12 PM
I'm sending my letter to Torrico again, but he's anti and voted for the microstamp bill. At least he'll see I don't like it.

09-06-2007, 7:18 PM
one click updated to send to right individuals?

09-06-2007, 7:23 PM
one click updated to send to right individuals?
Yes - MikeH is on top of it, just used it.

Already have 11 non-responsive replies... Now 18...

09-06-2007, 7:31 PM
A question about these one click emails. Do you need enter a subject and also a short message? I do this but I'm kinda wondering if it's necessary. Please advise guys. Thanks.

09-06-2007, 7:35 PM
I do. I put the bill number and author and OPPOSE in caps. I have sent some one clicks tonight and I'm sending another one. Just to be a pain in the butt to these vermin.

How manty times is too much on the one click? I can do this several times before I go to bed.

09-06-2007, 8:56 PM
up to 24 auto replies. i just sent another one. i have to go to work tommorrow. i can check at breaks to see what is going on. i can try to call if i can. but i have sent a bunch of e-mails tonight. i feel a little better about it.

Come on people let's do it.

Dont Tread on Me
09-06-2007, 8:56 PM
The mental midgets in Sacramento never fail to amaze me. The NRA lobbyist is crying out for e-mails/ phone calls/ faxes so lets give it to them.

09-06-2007, 9:18 PM
Went ahead and did it again. Is there a status?

09-07-2007, 5:54 AM
All you Pink Pistol types should send a email to John Laird. Assemblymember.laird@assembly.ca.gov
He's big into "that" kinda stuff, and then may pay attention.
Suffering from being a tolerant, yet incurable homophobic, I always just get the standard form email back...

09-07-2007, 7:17 AM
Last year, Houston, DeVore and Spitzer voted against Microstamping. And that was about 5 attempts on the last night of the session.
This year they are for it?
What changed for them?

Arambula is still absent.

Firearms: microstamping.DATE: 08/31/2006 LOCATION: ASM. FLOORMOTION:
AB 352 Koretz Concurrence in Senate Amendments
(AYES 39. NOES 34.(FAIL)

AYES ****Bass Berg Chan ChavezChu Cohn Coto DymallyEvans Frommer Goldberg HancockJerome Horton Jones Karnette KlehsKoretz Laird Leno LevineLieber Lieu Liu MontanezMullin Nation Nava OropezaPavley Ridley-Thomas Ruskin SaldanaSalinas Torrico Umberg VargasWolk Yee Nunez

NOES ****Aghazarian Baca Benoit BlakesleeBogh Cogdill Daucher DeVoreEmmerson Garcia Haynes Shirley HortonHouston Huff Keene La MalfaLa Suer Leslie Matthews MazeMcCarthy Mountjoy Nakanishi NielloParra Plescia Richman Sharon RunnerSpitzer Strickland Tran VillinesWalters Wyland

ABSENT, ABSTAINING, OR NOT VOTING *********************************
Arambula Bermudez Calderon CanciamillaDe La Torre Negrete McLeod Vacancy

09-07-2007, 8:38 AM
Just called the Sacramento office of my assembly member and voiced my opposition to AB 1471 but my guts are telling me it's a wasted effort..my assembly member is Torrico :mad:. Oh well..I'm still making my voice heard.

09-07-2007, 9:00 AM
Man this sucks what a way to wake up :( there nvr goin to give up on this b.s. microstamping... where is the support from the gun manufactures? Im sure they are against this in everyway?

09-07-2007, 9:00 AM
centurian e-mail the crap out him just to drive your point to him anyway.

09-07-2007, 1:25 PM
I'm about fed up.

I've been fighting this thing since the beginning, right alongside all of you. This is just plain WRONG and even an unbiased ignoramus can see that it is wrong. We've explained over and over how and why it is wrong, so they can't claim ignorance. I will go down fighting, just as I'm sure you all will, but if Arnold puts pen to paper and signs this into law, I'm done with California.

It's a great state. There's lots to love here. I don't blame anyone who comes here, falls in love with the place, and decides to stay. One of the things I like best is the cultural freedom, the diversity of lifestyles and viewpoints that make this the epitome (in some regards, anyway) of what America ought to be.

But I'm being run out of here by the very thing that drives a lot of folks to CA in the first place - TOLERANCE. Small-minded men with big egos who want to look like they're doing something worthy when it is all just meaningless window-dressing. I'm looking Northward. Washington state is looking good, and Idaho looks tempting too. My reasons for staying in this state are coming to a close before 2010. If this bill passes into law, I don't intend to stick around any longer. Oh I'll be around for a year, maybe two. But there will be a moving van in my future. Oh, yes... a big old moving van.