PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco "gun" lawyers/attorneys?

rivviepop
09-06-2007, 12:32 PM
(let me preface this by saying I've never had an attorney or lawyer for any reason in my entire life, so you know... I'm clueless)

I am reading the "I was detained in school" thread (great job AJAX) and he's obviously more on the ball than I am, having at his ready a number to call for an attorney who is familiar with gun/gun ownership laws and all that. And he had to use it, sadly.

How would I go about figuring out where/who to keep in my phone list (or biz card in the wallet) a S.F. based "gun friendly" attorney/lawyer if I ever encounter such a situation?

WokMaster1
09-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Matt Gonzalez

:smilielol5:
Don Kilmer (St Clara) NRA attorney
408-264-8489
Keep him on your speed dial

peepshowal
09-06-2007, 1:05 PM
Matt Gonzalez

:smilielol5:
Don Kilmer (St Clara) NRA attorney
408-264-8489
Keep him on your speed dial

ROTFL - Just seeing his name again almost gave me a heart attack.

bwiese
09-06-2007, 1:11 PM
Don's actually in San Jose.

I would caution that 95% of gun cases are not that technical (aside from OLL/AW matters) and are really focused on rights, illegal search/seizure, etc.
It's not really a big gun case if the 'evidence' was illegally obtained or tainted and thus rejectable. Any competent criminal lawyer should be able to handle these matters, as well as seizures, etc.

Sometimes it behooves you to have a local lawyer that knows the particular DA and courts involved when it's not a "gun tech" case.