PDA

View Full Version : Orosco Ridge closed

rod
09-06-2007, 8:03 AM
UNION-TRIBUNE

September 6, 2007

EAST COUNTY: Officials are restricting use in the Cleveland National Forest because of an extreme risk of wildfire.

Weather conditions, a large number of dead trees and fuel moisture conditions caused U.S. Forest Service officials to move the forest-use restriction level yesterday from very high to extreme.
The higher level means that Corral Canyon and Wildomar off-highway vehicle areas will close. All National Forest land south of Interstate 8, as well as Pine Mountain Road and Fred Canyon Road north of I-8, will close. Orosco Ridge Road in the Palomar area will also close.
Wood and charcoal fires are allowed only in designated areas in Burnt Rancheria Campground, El Prado Group Campground and Laguna Campground. ľA.K.

I can't remember if Orosco was already closed to shooting due to other reasons. I don't shoot there but I know some others have.

mike100
09-06-2007, 8:15 AM
It always gets closed in fire season- these are rules I can live with..sort of like no tracer ammo in CA. not because it is evil, but because it causes fires. we live in a tinderbox.

rivviepop
09-06-2007, 10:58 AM
We're covered in a haze of smoke up here right now...the whole city.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/09/06/MN45S0CTR.DTL&tsp=1

joea
09-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Orosco (Ramona) has been closed since early July, it'll open around Xmas time. Here's the phone # 760 788 0250 ext 5 for the recorded message, open or closed and the gate unlock combination #'s

Nefarious
09-14-2007, 9:09 AM
I found out the hard way a week or so ago :D
I should have known it was going to be closed around this time

RossRinSD
10-21-2007, 2:37 PM
Have you guys called that number lately?

It says the range is closed until further notice.

mike100
10-21-2007, 3:11 PM
Have you guys called that number lately?

It says the range is closed until further notice.

Of course it is..we're right in the middle of a santa-ana windstorm. Wait until it rains real good.

RossRinSD
12-08-2007, 3:24 PM
Of course it is..we're right in the middle of a santa-ana windstorm. Wait until it rains real good.

who would have know that we'd have all those fires two days after this discussion.

But, now that it has rained real good. Twice even...

Still closed

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/recreation/shooting/oroscoinfo.shtml

GenLee
12-18-2007, 7:43 AM
I thought for sure after the rains we just had it was going to be open last weekrnd, But after calling in for the Lock# the recordind still says closed till further notice. :(

Nefarious
12-18-2007, 7:45 AM
We are suppost to get rain today and for the rest of the week off and on... hopefully they open up Orosco soon.

pullnshoot25
12-20-2007, 1:04 AM
I went up there the other day and yelled a few expletives over the fact that the range was closed due to a fire hazard... THERE IS NOTHING THERE TO BURN SINCE IT IS ALL BURNED OUT!

Oh well, I just went down into the valley to shoot my .22.