PDA

View Full Version : going to Lytle creek 1-20-13

NOTABIKER
01-18-2013, 11:40 AM
going to the 100 yard range Sunday morning. shooting some of my precious ammo and blow off some steam.:o
going to shoot my M1A and SKS for sure, maybe a mini 14 and mosin. if you are up their walk up to the ugly old guy with the white ford ranger. i might let you shoot some of my bullets. it is going to be in the 80s:)

jarhead714
01-18-2013, 3:31 PM
Wish I could meet you up there with my M1A but alas, I must work. Good to be working though. I'm sure you could learn me a thing or three about my rifle! Have a good time.:cool:

NOTABIKER
01-18-2013, 7:14 PM
Wish I could meet you up there with my M1A but alas, I must work. Good to be working though. I'm sure you could learn me a thing or three about my rifle! Have a good time.:cool:

maybe another time , it would be nice to shoot with ya.

Nickgt40
01-19-2013, 11:19 PM
If that range wasn't so poorly run and there was a pistol range there I'd gladly join you tomorrow. Instead, I'll be up at Burro Canyon.

Happy shooting!!

MackMan
01-20-2013, 3:27 AM
Thinking of heading to West End Gun Club

NOTABIKER
01-20-2013, 7:04 AM
Thinking of heading to West End Gun Club

i also am thinking of trying that place. 50 bucks ouch. how is it.

NOTABIKER
01-20-2013, 7:06 AM
If that range wasn't so poorly run and there was a pistol range there I'd gladly join you tomorrow. Instead, I'll be up at Burro Canyon.

Happy shooting!!

been to both, i like Lytle creek because i can back my truck right up to the firing line. i find the range masters about the same also. i like them both.

Rickrock1
01-20-2013, 7:53 AM
I am rolling up the the creek my self I will be on site 10:00 I was on site a few weeks shooters around $14.00 and spectators $6.00 fun place to shoot. I will keep an eye out for you Notabiker, I'm driving a lifted stone color Chevy truck

Mottmcfly
01-20-2013, 7:58 AM
I joined WEGC yesterday as a limited member. Very well run and extremely friendly. Was able to back my truck up right at the firing line. A very pleasant experience all around.

BigStudent
01-20-2013, 1:50 PM
Wish I could have made it out too. I just saw the posting.

inmysites
01-20-2013, 2:38 PM
That sounds cool, if i can find someone to watch my younger ones il bring my oldest and a few things and well join you, just let me know bout what time, also theres a place off 10 past 215 thats free and legal, Thanks , Dan

68shorty
01-21-2013, 8:36 AM
Where's the range off the 10 & 215? I live right there. Would love something close to home but havent heard of it.

cali-man
01-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Where's the range off the 10 & 215? I live right there. Would love something close to home but havent heard of it.

Right off the 15FWY on the Sierra Ave exit. Head North for 1 mile and on the right will be WEGC (West End Gun Club). Continue North for 10 miles or so and you end up at Lytle Creek shotting range. I frequent WEGC as it is closer to me and have been shooting there for well over 12 years at least.

NOTABIKER
02-10-2013, 7:40 PM
i also just tried the WEGC, very happy. can shoot my spam can steel core ammo no problem. backed my truck right up to my shooting spot. not one complaint. sure are a lot of bolt rifle shooters. i do not think i saw 1 AR.

Rickrock1
02-10-2013, 7:44 PM
I went last week and steel was allowed to be shot. Does any know if things changed? I like Lytle creek very close and range masters are cool once you get to know them.; I will be back at the creek this coming Sunday 02/17/13

Mottmcfly
02-10-2013, 8:08 PM
i also just tried the WEGC, very happy. can shoot my spam can steel core ammo no problem. backed my truck right up to my shooting spot. not one complaint. sure are a lot of bolt rifle shooters. i do not think i saw 1 AR.

I was there Friday morning. There was one bolt shooter and two ARs. Both of us were zeroing scopes.

Really like WEGC. Will transition from a limited membership to full as soon as I am able.

Always friendly, professional and safe.

NOTABIKER
02-11-2013, 5:09 AM
i would like to also be a full member. for right now weekends and the 100 yard range work for me.

A-J
02-11-2013, 6:45 AM

Happy shooting!!

If you could PM me some detail re: being poorly run, I'd appreciate it. This goes to anyone else as well.

I recently found out that I'm well acqauinted with someone who is part owner, and may be able to get some concerns addressed.