PDA

View Full Version : Fed up with Lincoln

cactus
09-04-2007, 5:58 PM
Im I the only one annoyed by dillman range in Lincoln? First they change there hours so a membership I paid for becomes useless. Then they start this rules change so new guys can shoot only when THEY feel there qualified. Now they open a office up in down town Lincoln. Call me crazy but I thought we were suppose to introduce shooters to our sport not turn them away. I went to shoot there 8 times 6 of wich I was turned away for weed abatement, un advertised events, un advertised 4h, un advertised maintains, etc etc. The one time of the two I had to wait 2 hours because a high power tourement with 1 shooter went over time by 2 hours and they charged me the full 7 bucks! Most of all I hate when clubs forget were they came from and start all these rule changes for the betterment of the club. I cant be the only one who feels this way can I?

CSACANNONEER
09-04-2007, 6:02 PM
Damn, I thought I could do a little recruiting for the Confederacy!

Scarecrow Repair
09-04-2007, 6:11 PM
Damn, I thought I could do a little recruiting for the Confederacy!

No, that would be the C&R blackpowder forum.

Egan
09-04-2007, 6:33 PM
Interesting.

I was thinking of joining this club, but it sounds like they may not be the best choice.

What other clubs are there in town?

cactus
09-04-2007, 6:39 PM
Unfortunately not to many theres Colfax, campfire west, Sac Valley, theres an indoor range in grass valley and elkgrove. Im not renewing its cheaper to just go shoot on the weekends. Good luck!

CSACANNONEER
09-04-2007, 6:40 PM
No, that would be the C&R blackpowder forum.

I thought that since this forum was about "range stories" and I have one that starts out: As my unit was crossing the open range............

OK, I'll stop now.

mike100
09-04-2007, 6:46 PM
some clubs have too much going on. I belong to a club that is a bit like that, but I still get many days that suit me fine- I just stay away from the club politics and have vowed to never attend another meeting (or at least until the bulk of the old time membership croaks-which won't be all that long).

There is another little club that is more about shooting and little else that I will join just for pistol practice.

cactus
09-04-2007, 6:46 PM
I was so pissed off reading about how the range was going to make new members go to there classes and go threw a 6 month probationary period I was seeing red. Then I saw the confederacy joke; took me a second but thanks for the laugh!

JimAmentler
09-04-2007, 11:17 PM
It's a drive, but Sac Valley is a nice range.