PDA

View Full Version : This is how our gun control laws solve crime

rod
09-04-2007, 8:19 AM
6:40 a.m. Sept. 4 (UNION-TRIBUNE)
Man stabbed several times in El Cajon fight: EL CAJON: A man was stabbed several times in a fight among several others on Oro Street about 3:35 a.m. yesterday.

6:40 a.m. Sept. 4 (UNION-TRIBUNE)
Machete and knife attack injures three men in Vista: VISTA: One man suffered a partially-severed left hand when he was attacked with a machete and two others suffered stab wounds from knives in a fight among eight men on West Los Angeles Street early yesterday.

6:39 a.m. Sept. 4 (UNION-TRIBUNE)
Man stabbed in stomach during fight at inn's lobby: EAST VILLAGE: A man was stabbed in the stomach several times during a fight in the lobby of the Peach Tree Inn on F Street near Ninth Avenue Sunday.

link: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/index.html

Here's three stories that appeared right in a row in this mornings news. It got me to thinking that this is another perfect example of how gun control does nothing to stop crime. I'm going to use this in my e-mails to the politicians. Feel free to do the same. The good news is that I bet there are five more supporters of gun rights today.

Prc329
09-04-2007, 9:34 AM
You know they are going to say that if the guy had a gun many more people could have been killed or injured :puke::icon_bs::nuts::rolleyes:

Piper
09-04-2007, 10:07 AM
Yep, the nut jobs that are government employees certainly know what's good for us. :rolleyes: We need them to protect us. :eek: They know sooooo much more about firearms and self defense than we do. :nuts: So what if they kick our doors in, they have our best interests at heart, and that's what counts. :kest:

.50DE
09-04-2007, 5:20 PM
Dont worry, after they ban all the guns, they will ban everything with a sharp edge after that. Just like across the pond.

Piper
09-04-2007, 5:55 PM
Hmmmm, I'm thinking Orlando might be a nice place to move to. :boat::chris::Pirate:

CalNRA
09-04-2007, 6:53 PM
just like how banning AR15s really solved the prolonged gangland sniper campaigns we were experiencing. :rolleyes:

tiki
09-05-2007, 3:31 AM
Hmmmm, I'm thinking Orlando might be a nice place to move to. :boat::chris::Pirate:

It is. I can't wait to move back. :)

otteray
09-05-2007, 4:51 AM
I heard there were like 8 to 13 shootings over in Salinas over the Labor Day Weekend.
We had or usual stabbings here in Santa Cruz County as well.

shark92651
09-05-2007, 6:28 AM
Here's some interesting stats for you from the 2005 FBI crime stats:
http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/05cius/offenses/expanded_information/data/shrtable_07.html

Homicides committed with knives or cutting instruments: 1,914
Homicides committed with rifles (ALL types of rifles): 442

Yep, those evil black rifles have got to go :rolleyes: