PDA

View Full Version : Ted Nugent : Say It Ain't So!!!!!!!!!!!!

supersonic
09-04-2007, 4:30 AM
Just read a very disturbing article about Uncle Ted in a local (Sacramento) news publication. Says he is a staunch supporter of the war in Iraq + all the other things we know about him : his love of the outdoors/supreme hunting skills/"protector" of 2nd amendment rights/highly skilled marksman&archer/lives clean lifestyle&preaches against drugs&alcohol abuse. This, AND he's always been one of my favorite guitarists. HOWEVER: the "article" went on to say that recent sources have dug up the "facts" on his "past." This is where it gets disturbing & makes T.N. out to be NOTHING he seems to be. Supposedly, during the Vietnam draft, he refused to bathe for several weeks/months, and then when he was "called up," he pooped on the ground & SMEARED HIS OWN FECES ALL OVER HIMSELF so that the draft board would find him mentally incompetent to enlist. In other words, a s**t-covered draft dodger!!!!!!!! If ANYONE can prove or disprove this info, PLEASE post it on here. If it turns out NOT to be true at all, I will post publication & author's name (I've already sent a copy of article to Ted himself).
S.S.:43:

GJJ
09-04-2007, 4:53 AM
He has good RKBA beliefs. But, lets face it, he is pretty wierd. He is probably even a little mentally disturbed. Just watch him on TV.

It sickens me to watch fat middle aged men get all patriotic about sending other people to die in a stupid, useless hellhole like Iraq when they themselves do nothing that requires any personal discipline or courage. Guys like Ted couldn't even survive a good fistfight. But, they want others to go die in Iraq.

Johnny Diablo
09-04-2007, 5:25 AM
Whatever the hell happened in the past... I could care less about unless we are talking about Hanoi Jane.

TN is the right camp. I enjoyed him on the Adam Corrolla show.

http://adamcarolla1069freefm.blogspot.com/2006/02/adam-with-ted-nugent-ozzie-brittany.html

7:35 TED NUGENT ON THE PHONE

Tedís calling in from his ranch. Adam says he canít call it a farm because Ted kills things, he doesnít grow them. Ted and Adam get into a discussion about people who are against hunting, and how many of them eat meat themselves. Ted says that a very large amount of people spew hypocrisy in this country. Adam says thereís a correlation between people who love animals and people who hate other people. Ted says heís received death threats from people on this issue. Adam believes heís not delusional about his relationship with his pets. He thinks if his dog had opposable thumbs, it would smother him in his sleep, then have sex with his wife.

Tedís got a show on the Outdoor Life Network called Ted Or Alive. Sundays at 10pm EST/PST.

Adam admits that when he went fishing, he couldnít bring himself to kill a 55-pound fish that he had caught, and had a friend do it. Ted reminds him that you canít grill it until you kill it.

guns_and_labs
09-04-2007, 5:32 AM
Regarding military service
An interviewer from the British newspaper The Independent questioned Nugent about a 1977 interview in High Times magazine in which Nugent allegedly detailed elaborate steps taken to avoid the Vietnam draft. While not denying that he made such statements, Nugent dismissed their veracity, claiming that when confronted with 'glazed-eyed' interviewers, he would "make stories up." He explained that he did not go to Vietnam because he had a 1 year student deferment. When questioned, he admitted that he had "not wanted to get his *** blown off in Vietnam," but made note of a tour he made with the USO in 2004 to Fallujah and Afghanistan as support of his assertion that "I am not a coward." He also said that "Because I failed to serve in Vietnam, I feel an obligation now, to do everything I can to support those defending our freedom. Do I feel guilt and embarrassment? Yes."[5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Nugent

supersonic
09-04-2007, 6:29 AM
WOW.....Keep 'em coming!

Can'thavenuthingood
09-04-2007, 6:42 AM
Are we going for character assasination or to simply discredit?
Hypocrits are everywhere.

Vick

supersonic
09-04-2007, 10:10 AM
Are we going for character assaination or to simply discredit?

Vick

I was just taken aback when I read this. I guess I really believed it was not something that was even in the guy's nature to do. This is for another poster: "The past is the past?" So a grown adult male that raped/killed an innocent child back in '67 should be viewed as "Well, the past is the past."?
It's just that 1) As much as Ted stands for & preaches w/I (we) believe in, you'd think his "past" was squeaky-clean/commendable and 2) C'mon, guys: the hypocrites/hypocrisy is supposed to reside on THEIR side (gun-grabbers/politicians(esp. CALIFORNIA-BASED)...sigh..........

MrTuffPaws
09-04-2007, 10:25 AM
Are we going for character assasination or to simply discredit?

Vick

Either way, it will take a loooonnnnnggggggg time before we are even near being finished.

Electric Factory
09-04-2007, 11:27 AM
It sickens me to watch fat middle aged men get all patriotic about sending other people to die in a stupid, useless hellhole like Iraq when they themselves do nothing that requires any personal discipline or courage. Guys like Ted couldn't even survive a good fistfight. But, they want others to go die in Iraq.

Extremely well and perfectly said, citizen. I too find all arm chair courage and fake patriotism thoroughly sickening.
Maybe the pathologically absurd ' Uncle Ted' will do a combat sand box tour with my cousin David.
Not bloody likely....

CRTguns
09-05-2007, 1:02 AM
Uhhh... I thought anybody who was cool would smear feces on themself.

Sounds like inaccurate rumor- If he was found mentally unfit for duty, he's be mentally unfit to buy a gun. Right?

I've chatted with him- he is a bit of a crazy person, but poo poo- I don't know.

On the flipside of that, how many people who serve in our congress, or courts, or LE community smeared crap on themselves in protest to the vietnam war. I think the hippies invented crap smearing.

There was one death metal hardcore rock dude in like 1998 or so that did poop on the floor at a concert, then threw it at the audience, and even allegedly ate some of it, then died next day in a hotel room from D.O.

Can;t remember the name- but it wasn't Ted.

FreedomIsNotFree
09-05-2007, 1:29 AM
I think some people here are forgetting that those that VOLUNTEER for military service do so of their own FREE WILL.

supersonic
09-05-2007, 4:53 AM
Uhhh... I thought anybody who was cool would smear feces on themself.

Sounds like inaccurate rumor- If he was found mentally unfit for duty, he's be mentally unfit to buy a gun. Right?

I've chatted with him- he is a bit of a crazy person, but poo poo- I don't know.

On the flipside of that, how many people who serve in our congress, or courts, or LE community smeared crap on themselves in protest to the vietnam war. I think the hippies invented crap smearing.

There was one death metal hardcore rock dude in like 1998 or so that did poop on the floor at a concert, then threw it at the audience, and even allegedly ate some of it, then died next day in a hotel room from D.O.

Can;t remember the name- but it wasn't Ted.

G.G. Allin of "G.G. Allin & The Murder Junkies". I have a dvd of his "last" "performance." Boy, was he a piece of work.......just......uuugghhh........

paradox
09-05-2007, 5:43 AM
I think some people here are forgetting that those that VOLUNTEER for military service do so of their own FREE WILL.

Unless there is a DRAFT.

Stormfeather
09-05-2007, 6:20 AM
Just read a very disturbing article about Uncle Ted in a local (Sacramento) news publication. Says he is a staunch supporter of the war in Iraq + all the other things we know about him : his love of the outdoors/supreme hunting skills/"protector" of 2nd amendment rights/highly skilled marksman&archer/lives clean lifestyle&preaches against drugs&alcohol abuse. This, AND he's always been one of my favorite guitarists. HOWEVER: the "article" went on to say that recent sources have dug up the "facts" on his "past." This is where it gets disturbing & makes T.N. out to be NOTHING he seems to be. Supposedly, during the Vietnam draft, he refused to bathe for several weeks/months, and then when he was "called up," he pooped on the ground & SMEARED HIS OWN FECES ALL OVER HIMSELF so that the draft board would find him mentally incompetent to enlist. In other words, a s**t-covered draft dodger!!!!!!!! If ANYONE can prove or disprove this info, PLEASE post it on here. If it turns out NOT to be true at all, I will post publication & author's name (I've already sent a copy of article to Ted himself).

Supersonic, you're talking about the Sacramento News & Review as the publication. Cmon now, there isnt a more tree-huggin, birkenstock-wearing, hippy minded, waste of recycled paper in our area worse than these guys. They are notoriously anti- 2nd Amendment! Do they put some good human intrests stories together? Hell yea, I love reading some of their stuff, but when it comes to anything to do with firearms or RKBA, dont expect any support from them. And FWIW, I was at this and the last concert Ted Nugent put on last year, and hes had the same guns on stage each and every year, he does it because PRK is so anti gun. From my standpoint, rock on Ted! Loved the guns/music/and trash talking!

supersonic
09-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Supersonic, you're talking about the Sacramento News & Review as the publication. Cmon now, there isnt a more tree-huggin, birkenstock-wearing, hippy minded, waste of recycled paper in our area worse than these guys. They are notoriously anti- 2nd Amendment! Do they put some good human intrests stories together? Hell yea, I love reading some of their stuff, but when it comes to anything to do with firearms or RKBA, dont expect any support from them. And FWIW, I was at this and the last concert Ted Nugent put on last year, and hes had the same guns on stage each and every year, he does it because PRK is so anti gun. From my standpoint, rock on Ted! Loved the guns/music/and trash talking!

Yeah, I know, but I'd like to know if this so-called "journalist" simply 1)pulled the story out of his arse, or 2) "heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who............." Because if it ain't true (you're talkin' to a T.N. fan/supporter, remember), I want to make sure a s**tstorm rains down upon him, and go national (Ted & Howard Stern are buddies) by calling HOWARD101. < This guy makes life UNBEARABLE for those individuals who lie in the media/have zero journalistic integrity. Again, if it is NOT true....this writer will be out of a job & blackballed everywhere in the industry. Well, MAYBE he could go work for the Globe or National Enquirer.
p.s. for a previous post: Nugent ain't FAT!! You must be thinking of someone else.

socalguns
09-05-2007, 6:24 PM
If this was true, don't you think it would have been publicized long long long long long long long ago?

wutzu
09-05-2007, 7:46 PM
I don't like the term "Draft-Dodger".

The state DOES NOT have the authority to enslave its citizens and send them to war zones, and if Ted did in fact smear himself with **** to get out of a modern-day press gang, more power to him.

heyjak
09-05-2007, 8:01 PM
As a Viet Nam Veteran (U.S.Army - 1969) I couldn't care less what Mr. Nugent did in the past. We ALL were young and idealistic at one time. If I hadn't have been drafted I would have supported his efforts at THAT time. That was then, this is now. He seems to be a strong advocate of protecting the 2nd amendment TODAY. That's all that really matters to me- maybe he's a "convert" in a way of speaking? WE NEED ALL the support we can get- DO NOT BE DISTRACTED by the anti-gun liberals!!!! :patriot:

LAK Supply
09-05-2007, 8:05 PM
I heard that he touches squirrels in their special place....... :mad:

Piper
09-05-2007, 8:25 PM
I heard that he touches squirrels in their special place....... :mad:

I heard people from Empire, California have similar fetishes.

LAK Supply
09-05-2007, 8:27 PM
I heard people from Empire, California have similar fetishes.

Whew! I'm glad I don't live there anymore!:D

That place is the squirrel molester capitol of the world though..... :p

CRTguns
09-05-2007, 11:10 PM
LAK- did someone touch you in a special place?

maybe the "squirrels" in Wyo are bigger that these ones out here.

brando
09-05-2007, 11:28 PM
Just another case of someone who can "talk the talk" but can't "walk the walk." I think he should STFU.

GJJ
09-06-2007, 5:54 AM
I have NO problem with Ted getting out of fighting a stupid war like Vietnam. I do have a problem with him telling others they should fight an equally stupid war in Iraq.

Patriotism and duty is a tool they use against you to get you to fight and kill people that they are too scared to fight.

When the evil Bush daughters are fighting on the front lines in Iraq, I will back off.

Why die for wars based on lies that you can't win? Pure stupidity.

LAK Supply
09-06-2007, 5:11 PM
LAK- did someone touch you in a special place?

maybe the "squirrels" in Wyo are bigger that these ones out here.

They are and one did. She was about 5' 10", dark hair, smokin' bod........ I believe you've met my squirrel a few times.... :p

TheMan
09-06-2007, 5:56 PM
G.G. Allin of "G.G. Allin & The Murder Junkies". I have a dvd of his "last" "performance." Boy, was he a piece of work.......just......uuugghhh........

I saw a documentary on him. He played at one of the hole in the wall bars I frequented in college, and I think one of his feces smearing/slinging rampages was filmed there. I am glad I never saw him or his band, and the only unfortunate part of his death was that it didn't occur years earlier, before he did all the stuff he did.

jaymz
09-06-2007, 7:36 PM
Uncle Ted went to college and got a deferment, IIRC. He talked openly and honestly about it on the Adam Carolla show not too long ago when some idyit tried to call him out on it.

milsurpshooter
09-06-2007, 9:51 PM
He has good RKBA beliefs. But, lets face it, he is pretty wierd. He is probably even a little mentally disturbed. Just watch him on TV.

the real person you should mad at is the president

FreedomIsNotFree
09-06-2007, 10:02 PM
the real person you should mad at is the president

Excuse me, but last time I checked it was Congress that had to approve. They could have pulled the plug on this years ago if they wanted to and had the support.

milsurpshooter
09-07-2007, 12:01 AM
i supose its congress's job but who plays the fear card. g.w.b

GJJ
09-07-2007, 4:50 AM
"the real person you should mad at is the president"

Believe me. I hate the Chimpanzee that is running this country more than you can imagine. Congress too. They are all corrupt.

The sad part is that they will be attacking Iran next.

Pappy91W
09-07-2007, 6:02 AM
Ted Nugent avoided the draft? GOOD FOR HIM! We're Americans, We shouldn't have to be compelled to enter military service. Instead, I LOVE our ALL VOLUNTEER system of serving now. If you MAKE a man do something, you take something from the man, freedom. If you give a man a good cause, the right sort of man will pony up. I serve (In our State's Defense Forces, formerly in the Army Guard), I have TWO sons serving IN the Sandbox (Army Guard) this very moment. There it is.

If you haven't served, please kindly don't question my commitment to my nation. If you have or are serving, again, please don't question my commitment to my nation, rather recognize that we are brothers at arms. If you haven't served, I shall not question your commitment to our nation, for we need everyone, rock stars and actors to entertain us, Mail carriers to bring us the message, grocery store clerks to sell us food, gas station attendants, to sell me fuel so I can get where I want to go, utility workers to keep the lights on, the gas running, the water running, cops to arrest bad guys, judges to judge the bad guys, jailors to jail the bad guys, nurses, doctors and every varient in between to keep me and mine well, patched up and everything else that can go wrong with my anatomical heap, road workers to clean it up, patch it up, keep it flat, construction workers, to build it up, fix it up or even tear it down, every industry in my nation requires SOMEONE, not everyone needs or must serve in the military for we need a home for troops to come home to, a functioning nation and it's infrastructure and we need Ted Nugent to do all the stuff that he has and will do in his own way, just like we need YOU to do whatever it is that you do.

Who gives a flying foink if Ted Nugent avoided the draft, as long as he wasn't bad mouthing the US of A, okay with me! I love living in a nation where we have a choice. I love a nation where men such as my sons have chosen to serve in war, for when they come home, I'll prepare before them a banquet fit for heroes. I fly an American Flag everyday since they left for combat, it will fly until the last one comes home, the yellow ribbons are about the tree in front of my home, I have red, white and blue banners about the front of my home, so everyone that drives by knows that two heroes that live under my roof are volunteering and are over there.

IMHO, Nobody better than I understands American men and women volunteering or NOT in commitment to this war or any war for that matter, no one can question what my family has given to my nation, having said all this, I have NO issue that Ted Nugent avoided the draft and that he supports our troops now, I'd have a big problem with him if he DIDN'T support our troops now. For all that have CHOSEN to pony up, never could I ask for better, you are the less than 1 percent of Americans that did, you are why I puff out my chest, whistle the star spangled banner with a chip on my shoulder daring someone to knock it off.

As far as who's to blame for this war? This site doesn't have enough hard drive space to list every jerkwad responsible for the war starting, people dying, families with empty chairs at the dinner table where a well loved Soldier, Marines, Sailor or Airman once sat.

This thread is much about NOTHING, what a waste of bandwidth. In reading this mess, it looks more like a poor attempt at character assassination of Ted Nugent. Don't like Ted Nugent, fine, don't listen to his music, don't watch his show, don't read his literature, don't look at his picture. If you're looking for a dingbat to dislike, how about that babbling appellation moron Yusuf Islam, AKA Cat Stevens?

This site is filled with some of the BEST of the gun community I could ever hope to know, I count myself fortunate to rub elbows with all of you, then I must ask why this handjob of a thread came to be? I'd like to think we are better people than this than to smear Ted Nugent who has on more occasions I can count championed the 2nd amendment. Is Ted kind of crazy, Yes, he is, that is part of his allure. You have to appreciate his eccentric and often odd ball ways, it works for him.

If my words offend you, feel free to IM me telling me to go pee up a rope, you have that right. If you've read in full and liked what I have said, give me a HELL YEAH, +1, roger that... If I've rambled on and on, big surprise there, I do THAT often.

supersonic
09-07-2007, 9:44 AM
:sleeping: You missed the whole point of this "handjob of a thread." Had you been paying more attention, it was about HYPOCRISY, and not a whole lot more. Now, if you are FOR hypocrites & "do what I say, NOT what I (hopefully in secret) have done, then............well YOU have to live with that, NOT ME.

Pappy91W
09-07-2007, 10:52 AM
:sleeping: You missed the whole point of this "handjob of a thread." Had you been paying more attention, it was about HYPOCRISY, and not a whole lot more. Now, if you are FOR hypocrites & "do what I say, NOT what I (hopefully in secret) have done, then............well YOU have to live with that, NOT ME.

How about we DON'T delve in to it and we leave the personal comments and rude remarks at the door?

Kestryll
09-07-2007, 10:58 AM
No real info and turning to rude comments and insults, this one's done.