PDA

View Full Version : Any firing line members here?

Soundman
09-02-2007, 9:27 PM
I'm a member of the firing line, I usually go to the Northridge location and I thought it might be fun to have a calgun meet. What do you guys think?

Greg-Dawg
09-03-2007, 9:18 AM
I'm a member of the Burbank one. Let me know.

RollingCode3
09-03-2007, 9:22 AM
i am a member in huntington beach.

artthestampede
09-03-2007, 9:51 AM
Hey cool I am a member of Northridge one too. I always shoot alone so it would be great to have a meet.

Soundman
09-03-2007, 2:29 PM
I think it would be great to get together once a week or every 2 weeks.

Anyone want to go on Wednesday after work? If you want to go during the day that works for me too since my work schedule is very flexible.

Personally I like the Northridge range better than Burbank, but I'd be up for either one.

proraptor
09-03-2007, 3:29 PM
Im not a fan of the firing line as they wont even allow you to shoot hollow points there....Pretty cheesy

glockman19
09-03-2007, 3:43 PM
Yes. Member and visitor to both Northridge & Burbank.

I was planning on going to Angeles on Wed night to watch the muzzle blast out of my AR's & .44mag.

Cardinal Sin
09-03-2007, 6:48 PM
Im not a fan of the firing line as they wont even allow you to shoot hollow points there....Pretty cheesy

There is a good reason for that . . . but then again getting hit by the jacket of a HP after it hits the hanger buy a novice shooter isnt a big deal i guess . . . :rolleyes:

simon_sw
09-04-2007, 3:26 PM
Tell me about the hanger part!! I was at another range here in So Cal and a guy was teaching his wife or girlfriend how to shoot. She ends up hitting the hanger and a fragment of the bullet hits me square in the head right above my glasses.

I walk out of the range and saw his bag with his ammo (winchester hollowpoints). Then when I go to check out, the RO says "hey you know you're bleeding?" Didn't really piss me off, but I know where the ranges are coming from when they say no hollow points.

Also a member of Burbank Firing Line.

PistolPete75
09-04-2007, 6:05 PM
i'm a member also. haven't gone in awhile though. i've been shooting alot of rifle.

What Just Happened?
09-04-2007, 7:51 PM
I'm a member of the Huntington Beach location. I go there about once a week with my friend.

And I sympathize with you guys about the hangers. Every other time I go there, there's a frat boy from some school shooting a handgun larger than he can handle, blowing away the poor target hanger, leaving at least four targets down range and making everyone else's targets sway.

Greg-Dawg
09-04-2007, 8:54 PM
THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF GETTING TOGETHER: showing rookies HOW to shoot!

But don't forget folks, we were once newbies too. If a newbie sees a group unified in firearm safety...it'll spread.

OP-name the date, time and place.

Lissauer
09-05-2007, 3:10 AM
Huntington Beach Memeber

What Just Happened?
09-05-2007, 1:53 PM
THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF GETTING TOGETHER: showing rookies HOW to shoot!

But don't forget folks, we were once newbies too. If a newbie sees a group unified in firearm safety...it'll spread.

OP-name the date, time and place.

Yes, but to show them how to shoot, they should start with a 9mm or a .38, not a .45

Soundman
09-11-2007, 11:12 PM
I'm gonna go to the Northridge range tommorrow (Wed) around 4pm or 5pm if anyone wants to meet up.

brassburnz
09-11-2007, 11:52 PM
I used to shoot at Northridge but haven't done so in quite a while. I'm a regular at Burbank. I'm there at least one day a week.

Randy
NRA Life Member

GSequoia
09-12-2007, 12:08 AM
I've been to the Firing Line in Huntington once before but I usually shoot at Sharp Shooters in Torrance, they are much more convenient to me.

Anybody know if they also don't dig on .22 hollow? I've got a lot of .22 hollow and would rather not waste the match ammo I have (the only solid .22 I could find local - got it for a FL run that never happened).

Jeffrock
09-12-2007, 8:34 AM
Member here as well. I try to get to Burbank once a week, usually opening time on Saturday morning.

I might start tagging along to my wife's night class at CSUN on Thursday nights, if anyone wants to shoot at the Northridge location between 7 and 10pm...

What Just Happened?
09-12-2007, 1:31 PM
I've been to the Firing Line in Huntington once before but I usually shoot at Sharp Shooters in Torrance, they are much more convenient to me.

Anybody know if they also don't dig on .22 hollow? I've got a lot of .22 hollow and would rather not waste the match ammo I have (the only solid .22 I could find local - got it for a FL run that never happened).

I know that the people running the HB location are okay with HP .22's.

Soundman
09-12-2007, 4:39 PM
Member here as well. I try to get to Burbank once a week, usually opening time on Saturday morning.

I might start tagging along to my wife's night class at CSUN on Thursday nights, if anyone wants to shoot at the Northridge location between 7 and 10pm...

That sounds pretty good to me. I am usually in the area on thursday evening anyway.

Millions-Knives
09-12-2007, 6:59 PM
I go to Northridge.

I shot with XDShooter once, he seems to go there religiously. He's on a first-name basis with everyone.

FreshTapCoke
09-12-2007, 7:44 PM

Not a fan as they threatened to call the cops if I kept talking about off list lowers. (Reseda)

Cardinal Sin
09-12-2007, 8:21 PM
Not a fan as they threatened to call the cops if I kept talking about off list lowers. (Reseda)

Well I know for a fact that the BURBANK FIRING LINE sells the Monster Man Grips and is friendly to OLL discussions etc. Pay them a visit, they tend to be rather friendly. You must have caught the Reseda person on a bad day.

Soundman
09-12-2007, 10:41 PM

Reseda? There are only firing lines in Northridge, Burbank, and Huntington Beach. Am I missing something?

deez
09-12-2007, 11:40 PM

Rimfire HP ammo is ok at the Firing Line.

Kruzr
09-17-2007, 7:37 PM
Reseda? There are only firing lines in Northridge, Burbank, and Huntington Beach. Am I missing something?

The Northridge range is off Reseda Blvd and close to the Reseda/Northridge town limits.

bob1
10-22-2007, 6:26 PM

I know what you mean. I have been a member for some time and was warned not to go to the northridge range by other members. But, hey I pay the $125 renewal every year anyway and was in the neighborhood. I wanted to check it out for myself.

The employees at that range I came in contact with were not only hostile and rude, but something about them is very shady. I would never go back to that place ever again. Not only did the manager give me attitude but was VERY condescending even though I was not breaking any of the rules.

The crews at the other 2 ranges are alot more friendlier and will receive my business from now on.

PistolPete75
10-22-2007, 6:32 PM
i went to the Northridge one last weekend. those guys can have attitude from here to there. just ignore them, that's what i do.

tankerman
10-22-2007, 8:46 PM
H.B.

cc56
10-23-2007, 3:53 PM
I am an HB member, and one of my friends really wants to buy an HK USPc 40. So I was wondering if some one could meet at the HB firing line and let my buddy shoot their HK. He is starting the process to go through the Fullerton part-time police academy. Or hey if anyone wants to meet, I love shooting. I just got a Kimber custom II that needs to eat more 45ACP.

Black Majik
10-23-2007, 4:22 PM
I'm a member at the Huntington Beach TFL, though I gotta admit with the beautiful sunny skies... I spent most of the time at the outdoor ranges lately.

HB TFL is my home range though...

AfricanHunter
10-23-2007, 5:06 PM
I am an HB member, and one of my friends really wants to buy an HK USPc 40. So I was wondering if some one could meet at the HB firing line and let my buddy shoot their HK. He is starting the process to go through the Fullerton part-time police academy. Or hey if anyone wants to meet, I love shooting. I just got a Kimber custom II that needs to eat more 45ACP.

I have a USPc 45 he could shoot. Drop me a line if interested.

Kruzr
10-23-2007, 8:52 PM
I just got a Kimber custom II that needs to eat more 45ACP.
You do know that if you go to TFL in H.B. with a new 1911 on a Monday, Tuesday or Saturday during the day, it's a rule that you have to let the RO shoot your gun. :D

marklbucla
10-23-2007, 9:06 PM
they should start with a 9mm or a .38, not a .45

Why not a .22LR???

I haven't had any problems at Northridge, although I haven't been to a Firing Line there in about 2.5 years. I did have minor issues at HB before because the door on the left side of the range would sorta blow open a hair when opening up the inner door (or vice versa). They'd give me dirty looks and even say stuff over the loudspeaker, as if I were a newbie when the shots were heard.

Black Majik
10-23-2007, 9:16 PM
You do know that if you go to TFL in H.B. with a new 1911 on a Monday, Tuesday or Saturday during the day, it's a rule that you have to let the RO shoot your gun. :D

Whew, glad I don't go on those days ;)

What Just Happened?
10-23-2007, 11:39 PM

I'll be getting a new 1911 (a SA Mil-Spec with SS finish) on Sunday and will head over there with some friends who'll be shooting for the first time. But yeah, sorry, Sunday.

awheelman357
10-24-2007, 1:36 AM
If anybody gets a little tired of just punching paper we shoot steel twice a month www.ssashooter.net last shoot we had a few guys from calguns more is always welcome. 6 stages about 250 rounds you get to draw from a holster, mag changes put your skills to the test come out and have some fun. we cater to everyone from new shooters to grand masters. pm me if you want more info or check the web site.

Cardinal Sin
10-28-2007, 3:35 AM
. . . but something about them is very shady. I would never go back to that place ever again. . . How so? The couple times I have been there I didnt notice anything unusual . . . nothing a Redbull couldn't fix :p

thedonger
11-03-2007, 8:49 PM
Member - HB

The SoCal Gunner
11-04-2007, 2:41 AM
If anybody gets a little tired of just punching paper we shoot steel twice a month www.ssashooter.net last shoot we had a few guys from calguns more is always welcome. 6 stages about 250 rounds you get to draw from a holster, mag changes put your skills to the test come out and have some fun. we cater to everyone from new shooters to grand masters. pm me if you want more info or check the web site.

This sounds fun. I think I will give this a try as soon as I have time. How often do you have groups of newbies and do they get split up into different groups?

TacFan
11-04-2007, 11:51 AM
I just became a member yesterday at northridge :cool:

bear308
11-04-2007, 11:53 AM
removed at request of OP.

lets not go dragging the whole industry into this.

randy
11-04-2007, 4:56 PM
I knew Julie when she worked at the Burbank store. She was always friendly and professional in my dealings with her, and kept the best interest of the store in mind.

Plus I'll bet she can whip your butts.

elroy
11-07-2007, 1:15 PM
i live near the HB range and have shot there a few times over the years , but that ssa steel madness looks like fun to me , i may have to give that a try !!

morepoop4u
11-07-2007, 7:02 PM
I moving to socal this week and I'm thinking of joining the Burbank one. Do they rent firearms lockers. (pistol/shotty)

artthestampede
11-08-2007, 12:20 AM
Do they allow shotguns at the Firing line in northridge?

glockman19
11-08-2007, 7:30 AM
Do they allow shotguns at the Firing line in northridge?
NO.

brassburnz
11-08-2007, 7:46 AM
I moving to socal this week and I'm thinking of joining the Burbank one. Do they rent firearms lockers. (pistol/shotty)

If you are not a member, two people must be there to rent a lane and a gun. They figure everyone is safer using the "Buddy System." Also, you must have some experience with firearms.

If you are a member, you can rent a gun for free.

They don't rent lockers.

Randy
NRA Life Member

What Just Happened?
11-08-2007, 7:48 AM
i live near the HB range and have shot there a few times over the years , but that ssa steel madness looks like fun to me , i may have to give that a try !!

I tried it last Saturday for the first time. Had myself a blast. I plan on going out there for the next round on the 18th. You can find more information at www.ssashooter.com (http://www.ssashooter.com/). They even have their own forum. It's not very active, but they'll post the scores the evening after the events, which is very nice.

My only word of caution would be to use a 9mm. Any other caliber is significantly more expensive (unless you reload, of course).

TacFan
11-08-2007, 8:25 PM
Julie was nothing but professional and curteous to me. I guess if you don't break the rules ... you are good to go. :)

Cardinal Sin
11-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Let us remember to keep this civil before the thread gets locked. Take this to a PM and out of the public eye if need be. I dont want to see anyone get a temp ban or a nastygram from the Mods.

Jeffrock
11-09-2007, 8:18 AM
I knew Julie when she worked at the Burbank store. She was always friendly and professional in my dealings with her, and kept the best interest of the store in mind.

Same experience here.

GTKrockeTT
11-10-2007, 3:55 PM
some of you may have noticed that certain posts have been removed. this has been done so at the request of 2 specific individuals who held dialogue in this thread, and have hopefully come to an understanding, whatever that might entail.

JagerTroop
11-16-2007, 11:34 PM
If you are not a member, two people must be there to rent a lane and a gun. They figure everyone is safer using the "Buddy System." Also, you must have some experience with firearms.

Randy
NRA Life Member

I'm not sure about the other two locations, but this is true for HB. They won't rent a gun to a lone person for liability/cleanup reasons. It has happened numerous times... someone comes in solo, rents a gun, buys a bag of rounds and some targets and....BLAM! suicide. They walk in the first of two doors to the range and put one in their head. This was told to me by an RO at the HB firing line a few years ago.

Needless to say, when I go there, I don't touch the walls in that little room.

tmodesto
11-22-2007, 1:24 AM
I used to shoot at Northridge but haven't done so in quite a while. I'm a regular at Burbank. I'm there at least one day a week.

Randy
NRA Life Member

If you are member, can you go to any of their location?

deez
11-22-2007, 3:11 AM
If you are member, can you go to any of their location?

Yes, a Firing Line membership is good for all their locations.